PDA

View Full Version : ACT Clutch Inquiry

BlueEP3620
03-02-2004, 07:42 PM
I have an ACT clutch on order but one of my co-workers was telling me that I need to install an RSX flywheel in order for the kit to bolt up correctly. Is there an application for the EP because its not on ACT's website, and if so what is the part number? Has anyone installed the kit on their EP? I ordered the four puck, with an extreme pressure plate. Any info will be helpful, especially about the flywheel deal. Thanks! :D

-|-|-|-|-|-|-
Mods:
K&N CAI
APEX'i CB
Soon to be...
Zex Wet Kit
ACT clutch (hopefully :D)
APEX'i V-tec controller
Header
...and more goodies

DavidT
03-02-2004, 08:21 PM
You ordered a 4-puck clutch? Do you plan on driving your car on the streets much? I hope not, that clutch is going to kill your leg in stop and go and kill your motor mounts too in stop and go traffic. And don't try to parallel park that sucker with a 4-puck clutch unless you plan on stalling it everytime you move a position :D

Anyhow, if the clutch was indeed for the RSX-S you might need a Type S flywheel. Because people who have done 6-spd swaps either use their stock flywheel with stock clutch or stock Type S flywheel with either stock Type S clutch or aftermarket Type S clutch.

BlueEP3620
03-02-2004, 09:32 PM
My buddy has got the same setup in his EK with an LS. The clutch isn't bad, there just isn't much play. The pressure plate is what makes the pedal stiff and it isn't that bad once you get used to it. We are kinda spoiled with our super light clutch pedal compared to any older model nissan or even older hondas. The pedal in those were tight, too. Besides... I have a mount insert kit on the way from Summit Racing. Oh, and the only parrellel parking there is here in Florida is downtown. And I try and avoid those streets as much as possible. :)