PDA

View Full Version : ground wires

siver-SI
03-02-2004, 09:29 PM
Just wondering how do install the ground wires. I just can not remeber were they all connect too and what bolt I have to change around.

raiyo
03-03-2004, 04:02 AM
check out k-series.com, they have a ground wire thing going there. to bad my pics been wipes out with my diy ground wires, else u can take a look at em

WhiteEPNJ
03-13-2004, 07:32 PM
Question: Do you really feel/tell a difference. i was thinking about doing them but it seems to me the factory grounds are brand new and work fine.. i dont honestly think they do anything since our cars are new and the grounds are/should be good.

raiyo
03-14-2004, 12:31 AM
Originally posted by WhiteEPNJ
Question: Do you really feel/tell a difference. i was thinking about doing them but it seems to me the factory grounds are brand new and work fine.. i dont honestly think they do anything since our cars are new and the grounds are/should be good.

I felt a difference, but it is very min. Well worth the 40 bucks DIY. The factory ground is still new, but it doesn't u can add more to it in different areas.

sd_ep3
03-15-2004, 07:45 PM
i dunno. cant really tell the difference. i guess i gotta find other grounding points besides the stock ones.

Peking
03-15-2004, 09:42 PM
Originally posted by raiyo
I felt a difference, but it is very min. Well worth the 40 bucks DIY. The factory ground is still new, but it doesn't u can add more to it in different areas.

My radio is louder, everything else. I can't really tell, but for 40 bucks. Who cares :D

dofu
03-17-2004, 05:31 AM
i felt a huge difference in my car after i installed my ground wires... but then again, i have the apexi power conditioner... might be as good as jus a ground kit, but i didnt get it jus for the functions :D

icegrill
03-18-2004, 03:41 PM
Originally posted by dofu
i felt a huge difference in my car after i installed my ground wires... but then again, i have the apexi power conditioner... might be as good as jus a ground kit, but i didnt get it jus for the functions :D

Can you post a pic of that in your bay? I've been kind of interested in it

Sirone
05-03-2004, 03:20 AM
I just did my ground wires this afternoon. Followed the guide off of k-series.com.. anyway, because I did this I was beginning to think that my radio antenna was'nt plugged into the back of my alpine or something... it was such bad reception... and now? Damn it's clear and it is louder... No more engine whine at all from my stero.. Anyway its worth the 40 or so DIY.. I did all my cables myself because that's the kind of guy I am... but I am sure happies kit works just as well.

Laz's EP
05-04-2004, 03:18 PM
You went and bought 4 gauge cable? and DIY
I was thinking of doing the same thing.

Sirone
05-04-2004, 04:21 PM
The whole process was even easier then I thought it would be... the only harder part was crimping the ends onto the 4 gauge cables.. I made that a sinch with a swag tool I had gotten from home depot... Made it really easy to crimp them on good.

GrahamBo '02
05-04-2004, 04:36 PM
Originally posted by dofu

Dofu,
What do you think if that Apexi power conditioner. It looks interesting, but I haven't seen any info other than marketing blah on it..?

FckdUpPup
06-11-2004, 06:12 AM
How many people would be interested in the power conditioner? I would be able to get these but I would need to know how many people want them.

Doug

Speck
06-11-2004, 06:25 AM
Doug: Depends on the manufacturer... But I would most likely be interested :)

-=speck=-

GrahamBo '02
06-11-2004, 10:09 AM
Its going to boil down to price for me. I would most likely be interested though as EP's seem to respond well to the additional grounding etc.

dofu
06-14-2004, 05:57 AM
Originally posted by GrahamBo '02
Dofu,
What do you think if that Apexi power conditioner. It looks interesting, but I haven't seen any info other than marketing blah on it..?

jus another ground kit to me... jus looks nicer

CivicGSiR
07-03-2004, 07:45 AM
Dofu,

is the Power Conditioner this thing:
http://store5.yimg.com/I/twincamtech_1798_7394737

if so, i wonder whats in the box??
i had seen this over at inlinefour.com a few months ago, & wondered what the box did to make it worth the price.

GrahamBo '02
07-03-2004, 01:30 PM
That's it. And that's the question. What the heck is in that little box?