PDA

View Full Version : JET Chip Thread

Slip_Angle
03-02-2004, 10:04 PM
Interesting thread on clubrsx. They are testing a base RSX with Hondata and JET. Hondata has agreed to send an ECU for comparison.

http://forums.clubrsx.com/showthread.php?t=99171

..results soon.

Tenacious G
03-02-2004, 10:20 PM
the guy who got the JET chip doesn't sound like the sharpest tool in the shed.

i'm interested to see the results of the test

David K.
03-02-2004, 10:42 PM
I asked about JET a few months ago; no one with an import had any experience with them, but from my experience with domestics they don't have the best reputation. Nothing serious or anything, just that the gains were minimal compared to other options. When I spoke with a JET rep I wasn't overwhelmed with enthusiasm towards their product. The don't even raise the rev limiter.

!@#$%
03-03-2004, 10:31 AM
I don't see why hondata didn't do this sooner. All it will do is help add to doug's sales when they post the competition dyno chart against theirs. Official dyno charts

2fastcivic
03-03-2004, 10:51 AM
atleast JET is cheaper than the hondata.

Tenacious G
03-03-2004, 10:57 AM
Originally posted by 2fastcivic
atleast JET is cheaper than the hondata.

but you get what you pay for.

:)

2fastcivic
03-03-2004, 11:01 AM
hater already!! you dont even know anything about this product. i'm not saying its better than hondata. but its definitely cheaper. we willl have to wait and see how it does.

Tenacious G
03-03-2004, 06:50 PM
hater already!! you dont even know anything about this product. i'm not saying its better than hondata. but its definitely cheaper. we willl have to wait and see how it does.

i never said definitively that hondata was better. however, there usually is a good reason why a lower-priced product costs less.

2fastcivic
03-03-2004, 07:24 PM
Originally posted by Tenacious G
i never said definitively that hondata was better. however, there usually is a good reason why a lower-priced product costs less.

i know you didnt say hondata was better. but when you say "you get what you pay for" what does that suppose to mean then. are you trying to say JET is a bad product. sounds like it. just b/c JET isn't greedy like hondata and charges DOUBLE the amount of Jet doesnt mean JET products is not as good. what you are saying is the same thing if a bentley driver came up to you and said why you bought a honda for. you get what you pay for. hahahahaha.

FCobra94
03-03-2004, 07:45 PM
2fastcivic does have a point. I mean, sure, if you want you can pay retail for such things as stereo equipment or even sticker price for your car. But we all know that most things having to do with cars has a pretty high mark up so why pay any more than you have to? Don't tell me that you honestly believe that two identical products (except maybe for a brand name sticker: see the thread on batteries) makes the more expensive one "the best" for some reason :rolleyes:

Back to the post though...all the other applications I've seen has proven that JET sucks! Most have concluded that it is def a waste of money so I don't expect it to do anything magical for our cars either :yellm:

Tenacious G
03-03-2004, 07:45 PM
you're certainly entitled to your opinion, and that's cool.

here's my main point. the JET chip for the base DC5 does not raise the rev limit. hondata's does. this allows the driver to get right back into the meat of the powerband after shifting. every hondata owner has commented on how much the hondata reflash improves the overall driving experience. it's not just about peak power gains. it's about improving the overall driving experience.

i know you don't feel this way, but i feel the $600 pricetag is justified. hondata is a honda-specific company. they eat, sleep, breate and crap honda all day long. this gives me confidence they know honda ECUs inside and out. i feel JET, like AEM, is making a product just to make a product.

but if the JET results come back with similar results to the hondata, i'll gladly give them the props they deserve.

2fastcivic
03-03-2004, 08:14 PM
that is jet's downfall that the rev-limit is not raised but maybe their program puts out good gains while keeping the stock rev-limit.

Tenacious G
03-03-2004, 08:19 PM
that is jet's downfall that the rev-limit is not raised but maybe their program puts out good gains while keeping the stock rev-limit.

exactly. from what i've read, it seems everything the JET chip does can be done with an SAFC.

but i'll refrain from further speculation until the results of club rsx's test are posted.

!@#$%
03-05-2004, 06:32 AM
bump....i wanna keep this thread somewhat active.

I'm just not optimistic about seeing a3 gains without raising the redline.

Tenacious G
03-05-2004, 10:02 PM
from what i've read and heard, when it comes to JET, keep your money. but i guess we'll see.