PDA

View Full Version : Dealer-installed HFP package

Claff
03-03-2004, 07:49 AM
I'm still car shopping, deciding whether I'm going to get a Tiburon or a Civic Si.

I just got my Si book from Honda and one of the things they brag about is a dealer-installed HFP package - "deep side sills, air dam, 17" alloys with low-profile tires, a sleek hatch spoiler, sport suspension items and more".

This is the first I've heard of this package, and I've been poking around these Si cars for a year or so now (my car shopping is glacially slow).

Since I'm not much of an aftermarket accessory guy, to get this stuff in a package sounds great. The wheels appear to be five-spoke (pictures aren't all that great in the book).

But in all my looking, I've never seen a car equipped with this package, and have no idea of the cost or availability. Does anyone have this, I'd love to know about how hard it was to order and have installed, and if the sport suspension is a good improvement over stock and if it lowers the car any.

Seems that after my local Honda dealer finally got rid of three leftover '03s a month or so back, it's hard to find any Si's in stock. This dealer has just one, the next closest dealer has just one (but has about 3000 Accords, all in silver).

EtherGhost
03-03-2004, 07:57 AM
Here (http://www.honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=769570) are some pictures of the HFP kit installed on an '04. I think it looks nice. No firsthand experience with the suspension though.

andy
03-03-2004, 08:04 AM
Claff,

If you do a search on "HFP*" or maybe "honda AND performance", you
might see some pics. Several guys have posted pics of these cars at
their local dealerships, probably in the EP Discussion forum. You
might have to go back a month or two, though.

As far as finding an Si, ask in the Northeast/MD forum (not sure if
there is a forum for that state) and someone may be able to help you.
I know we've got several people from that area on this board, so maybe
they can help you and tell you which dealers are good/which to avoid.

Re: the HFP kit - it's a lot of $$$ for not a lot of stuff, in my
opinion. You *do* avoid any potential warranty issues by having the
dealer install the kit/suspension and your paint will match fine and
all that, but for the $3K (or whatever it is) you'd spend, you could
do better by buying stuff on your own later on.
The other nice thing about the HFP kit is that you could wrap it up
into your car loan, if that's important to you.
Hopefully when you see/find the pics, you can figure out if you want
to explore that option more or not.

If you have any more ?s, feel free to ask.

Graywolf
03-03-2004, 10:41 AM
The HFP is like 5K, not 3.

K20A3Si
03-03-2004, 10:49 AM
yes 5K:confused: ...to expensive:eek:

Suk02Si
03-03-2004, 11:10 AM
Didn't Stoop just install the HFP susension in his car? I think he said I was much better than stock and not harsh at all.

edit: Here's the thread.. http://www.ephatch.com/forum/showthread.php?threadid=31525

Stoop
03-03-2004, 11:15 AM
Originally posted by Suk02Si
Didn't Stoop just install the HFP susension in his car? I think he said I was much better than stock and not harsh at all.

edit: Here's the thread.. http://www.ephatch.com/forum/showthread.php?threadid=31525

;)

D16Y8_Turbo
03-03-2004, 11:19 AM
When you buy aftermarket kits and have someone else install them, what kind of warranty to they give you?

The HFP kit comes with a 3 year or 36,000 mile warranty just like the car as long as the dealer installs the HFP kit. So, the price of the HFP kit includes a warranty and aftermarket stuff in most, if not all, cases do not have a warranty.

Just something to think about.

Graywolf
03-03-2004, 11:23 AM
I'd rather replaced $200 springs if they go bad, than pay $2000 for a warantee

Jay H
03-03-2004, 01:17 PM
Claff:

I'm a very new Si owner, but have watched the sales closely the last 5 months or so. Before buying my left over '03, I checked into buying an '04 first. The dealer told me (and it's been posted here in the recent past) that production ends on the 2004 this month (March) with final deliveries happening in May for the Si. The dealer I bought my '03 from and the dealer I was working with on the '04 both stated that the '04's they have on the lot were the only 2004's they were going to stock. Once they were gone, that was it.

The dealer I bought the '03 from was pretty agressive (for my area) in their pricing to get the remaining 4 2003 Si's they had left off their lot by the end of February. All of them sold the last week of February. They had 8 2003 Si's in October when I started looking. Took them 5 months to sell them all (with 50% of them selling in Feb with high discounts).

If you want a new one, you may not want to wait until the very last minute. I looked at quite a few Si's recently and never saw one with the HFP package. The midwest is relatively conservative, so your experience may vary in your area.

Jay
03 Si (http://www.jays911.com/si.htm)

Mickey
03-03-2004, 01:35 PM
I think HFP is damn tooooo expensive. With that amount of money I can already put a lot of aftermarket parts on it. It will also look better than HFP. Besides all the HFP mods are just exterior. There are no mods in the engine. Our EP'S need more power. I would rather spend the money to make my EP faster than paying the dealer addtl 5 grand plus interest in financing.:D

2.0L Monster
03-03-2004, 03:22 PM
If I was getting my ep3 right now, I'd get the HFP. I like how it looks with the rims and the drop.

And come on, its a civic. Its not supposed to be fast. :p

02situner
03-03-2004, 06:48 PM
the nice thing about it is if anything happens to it or if anything is wrong with it. it is under factory warrenty and that is worth the extra if you can get a deal on it.