PDA

View Full Version : Tar spots

Bicho6
03-03-2004, 11:09 AM
I know you guys out there who live in New England know what i'm going through. After a rough winter here in RI my EP is splattered with tiny black tar spots. It takes alot of force to get them off when washing the car by hand. Anyone know of any secrets to get them all off. please don't recommend product if you haven't used it in the situation i'm talking about. Any of you guys who have this problem and know how to get them all off please let me know.

Thanks

AkronSi
03-03-2004, 01:07 PM
Try a clay bar, works great but depending on the tar you might have to go over the spots a few times. Just don't use a lot of pressure. Or, get some tar remover. They sell it at any autoparts store and most large discount stores (walmart, k-mart and target for example).

skooba
03-03-2004, 01:34 PM
I think meguiars makes it, its called Scratch-X or something like that. I had a bunch of spots all over my car and nothing would get it out, and as a last resort i tried this and it took it off so easily. Now if only it would do that for scratches....

Bicho6
03-03-2004, 01:53 PM
Originally posted by skooba
I think meguiars makes it, its called Scratch-X or something like that. I had a bunch of spots all over my car and nothing would get it out, and as a last resort i tried this and it took it off so easily. Now if only it would do that for scratches....

weird i have scratch x is covers my scratchs great.. but i know it wont work on the tar spots.....

I totally forgot the clay bar even existed... thanks so much i'm going to try and get that