PDA

View Full Version : Ground Control vs. All Others

DynaSpeed
07-03-2002, 09:30 AM
I'm very familiar with the installation, price, and look of your normal Eibach Pro-kits and Sportlines, and H&R's and all other spring Manufacturers. But what I'm not as familiar with is the coil-over suspension set-up. But, I did just see an EK with GC's on, and that's definitely the route I believe I'm going to take.

This question is to the people that already have GC's on their EP, or are planning on getting them - What did you pay and from where? Where should I look?

Massive Motorsports (http://www.massivemotorsports.com) has them for $269. Is that good? or should I keep looking?

They have some cheaper Coil-overs also. OBX Gravitations and DropZones. Those are only about $180. I'm not sure if they're out yet for the EP, but what is anybody's take on these?

fishboy
07-03-2002, 10:51 AM
whoa, massive has them for a good price. i got mine for 300 and somebody else got them for 275 from a shop that he knew really well. i would get them if i were you. i'd first call ground control for the part number then order them from massive.

i know nothing of those brands, all i can say is stick to either ground control or skunk2. good brands, and ground control has been around forever. you don't want to go cheap on a coilover setup.

brianc593
07-03-2002, 02:54 PM
I heard that Ground Controls was the brand to buy for coilovers. Thats what i'm buying next

DownTheHatch
07-03-2002, 03:07 PM
Ground Controls are the best adjustable springs.

If you go with adjustable springs make sure you get some good shocks to go with them. If you install them with stock shocks, the shocks will be fried in a few months .

RacingCivicSi02
07-04-2002, 02:38 AM
Originally posted by fishboy
whoa, massive has them for a good price. i got mine for 300 and somebody else got them for 275 from a shop that he knew really well. i would get them if i were you. i'd first call ground control for the part number then order them from massive.

i know nothing of those brands, all i can say is stick to either ground control or skunk2. good brands, and ground control has been around forever. you don't want to go cheap on a coilover setup.

ok whos massive and where can i get GCC's from. and what are u referring to on the top sentences

RacingCivicSi02
07-04-2002, 02:40 AM
OHHHHHHHH forget the first questions. but can u still answer the second one

Ok i checked the link u showed me but i couldn't find the application for the new si

Jesse02SI
07-08-2002, 08:49 AM
I am getting the skunk2 adj. coilovers next week..... YAAAAAAAAAAA cant wait to slam this Si Then the next step after that is either a set of Mugen or Spoon wheels... SWEEEET expensive but if your gonna do it do it right not some half azz Si ive seen half azz honda's ALLLL day you see very few done properly but when their done right its soooo much better... Plus we have Si's a name to uphold not half azz....

DynaSpeed
07-08-2002, 08:56 AM
I am getting the skunk2 adj. coilovers next week So how much?
Ok i checked the link u showed me but i couldn't find the application for the new si Yeah, it's not on there site yet (just like everybody elses site that isn't updated with new stuff). I called them and they said they have them for that price for my car with a 3 week backorder

Jesse02SI
07-09-2002, 04:00 PM
I am paying 360$ for them... did I send a link? because I am getting them through a friend.

02CivicSI-VTEC
07-09-2002, 11:27 PM
which one are better coilover or springs??

DynaSpeed
07-10-2002, 05:26 AM
There isn't really a "better"... The springs inside a coil-over *are* good springs. It's just that you pay for the ability to control the height without using air-bladder suspension.

Ant
07-26-2002, 10:25 AM
Springs, shocks, and coilovers. Shocks go in springs and thats essentially what a coilover is, its not just a spring. Ground Controll's are not coilovers there adjustable springs there is a diffrence. Say You get some Konis and Some h&r's you have a nice spring and shock combo, but its still not as good as a true coilover, why?, because coilovers are springs and shocks that are made for each other, there ' in tune' with each other and you can usually adjust the ride hieght and dampening rate with a good coilover. So even if you get adjustable springs like ground controll and adjustable shocks like kyb agx it will make for a great setup but wont be as good as a true coilover.

fishboy
07-26-2002, 10:53 AM
i'm waiting for tein to come out with their full coilover kit, then get that and their electronic damping force controller so you can adjust the shocks from inside the car. woohooo.