PDA

View Full Version : konis+ H&R's= clunking noise?

IIx 03 EP xII
03-03-2004, 12:01 PM
i just got my koni's and my H&R's installed and now when i go over bumps i hear a clunking noise, and sometimes when im turning like a full 90 degree turn i hear it too?! any suggestions as to what i can do? i got an alignment and it helped with the driving alot, but i still hear it sometimes. it sounds like it is coming from the front right suspension. help me out.

K20A3Si
03-03-2004, 05:33 PM
well i have the same set up as you...i have had this setup since july 03 and it will not go away...it only happens sometimes...correct?...mine only happens sometimes....i work for honda and know many great honda techs...i have had them go through everything in the suspension very carefully...there is nothing wrong with my car ...everything was torqued to spec and it was just a aftermarket suspension...have it looked at though...maybe something might be loose i do not know if it is the same noise...but if it is i wouldnt worry about it.....goodluck;)

02SilverSiHB
03-03-2004, 05:43 PM
check your dust covers up front, I bet that's what it is. A friend of mine had the same sound...I just pulled his dust cover down to the bottom of the shock (while the car was up on stands) and put a ton of grease on the top to keep from making that sound.

IIx 03 EP xII
03-03-2004, 07:30 PM
i didnt do the installs... so what are the 'dust covers'? i went into the shop that installed them and they said to get an alignment, so ill go back up there on friday and tell them about it and what yall said... so any more suggestions?

02SilverSiHB
03-03-2004, 08:54 PM
Originally posted by IIx 03 EP xII
i didnt do the installs... so what are the 'dust covers'? i went into the shop that installed them and they said to get an alignment, so ill go back up there on friday and tell them about it and what yall said... so any more suggestions?
the dust covers/bump stop are on the front...in between the springs and the shock. They cover the shock from dust. It's about 2ft. long and is black....no I don't have a black cock :D hahaha, couldn't resist...but anyway it's up there in the front area of the shock. I would just jack the car up, take the front rims off, and pull down on the dust cover...take some grease and put it on top of it, then see if that works

K20A3Si
03-04-2004, 10:40 AM
yea...could be that..what he said.