PDA

View Full Version : Cleaning off bird crap off of car

03blueSI
03-03-2004, 06:35 PM
Just trying to find out what product works best at getting bird crap off of the paint, where I live there are lots of trees (not sure what kind but they are tall and have some kind of small black berries on them) and the birds eat the berries and crap the seeds all over my car.

BarracksSi
03-15-2004, 05:43 AM
Yuck... lol...

For a couple poop stains, I use Meguiar's Quik Detailer. For anything more, I'd wash the whole car.

Best long-term thing to do is to keep the paint safe with a good coat or three of wax. Well, that, and possibly a car cover, although a turd-encrusted cover won't be fun to deal with in a year.

I've seen some truly awful bird poop incidents, too. One car, parked on a downtown Lincoln, NE, street, had so much poop that the surface area was nearly half paint and half birdshit. UGH.

ADAMnQuickCIVIC
03-15-2004, 06:36 AM
Only thing I can reccomend is to put soapy water on the poop and let it sit for a few mins until it softens up....otherwise you'll scratch your paint.

Chinaboy
03-17-2004, 12:08 AM
use tonic water or club soda to loosen up bird crap, then use quick detailer to wipe up

Sirone
04-11-2004, 08:09 PM
Originally posted by BarracksSi
Yuck... lol...

For a couple poop stains, I use Meguiar's Quik Detailer. For anything more, I'd wash the whole car.

Best long-term thing to do is to keep the paint safe with a good coat or three of wax. Well, that, and possibly a car cover, although a turd-encrusted cover won't be fun to deal with in a year.

I've seen some truly awful bird poop incidents, too. One car, parked on a downtown Lincoln, NE, street, had so much poop that the surface area was nearly half paint and half birdshit. UGH.

I was on a business trip to New Orleans a couple of months ago. I had a rental car down there, and parked it there around 9 or 10ish at night.. it was late so I had to park at the end of a lot and it happened to be under a tree. I went out with this girl I met on my last trip, and got back to the hotel... anyway I go to catch my flight back to Missouri the next morning, and during the night or whatever, my rental car (This huge motha buick) was COVERED in bird shit... just like you said half paint half poop! And in under 8 hours at night!

SiR_d1
04-11-2004, 08:20 PM
I just clean mine with a power hose.

I've never scratched anything using this method, but if I ever did it would bother me because the scratch would be so light that I could easily buff it out with meguires scratch-x

BarracksSi
04-11-2004, 08:23 PM
Originally posted by Sirone
and during the night or whatever, my rental car (This huge motha buick) was COVERED in bird shit... just like you said half paint half poop! And in under 8 hours at night!

LOL... at least it was a rental! ;)

Sirone
04-11-2004, 10:06 PM
Yeah thank god it was a rental.. If it was my EP, I would have missed my flight. Because I would be sitting in the bushes waiting for the first bird I see so I could stangle it's little neck... But since it was a rental... I was like "Ya... I guess I should'nt have parked under that shady tree eh?" to the rental girl.

chubbychu
04-11-2004, 10:44 PM
aww gross. i parked under a light post at my school once cuz there was no one there....hmm, (think im missing something?) lol...anyways after school my hood had fat 1 foot splats of white and brown chunks on it. it was really really gross and all over my windshield and bumper. i just got some water and a soft 100% cotton detailing cloth. and wiped it off.

microep3
04-13-2004, 06:58 PM
I just finished washing my car the other day, finishing up drying the rear bumper when I hear a "splat" and the sound of a bird flying overhead. I was like "Oh hell no you didn't!!!" There was a fresh trail of shit from the front bumper to the roof. Gahh!!! that pissed me off, but funny!!

Me ep3
04-13-2004, 07:07 PM
They say the shine makes the birds think it water.:eek: :D

BarracksSi
04-13-2004, 07:21 PM
Originally posted by Me ep3
They say the shine makes the birds think it water.:eek: :D

Ya know, as silly as that sounds, it's the most logical reason I've ever heard.

Of course, this assumes that birds want to poop in lakes & streams rather than on the ground, as if they knew about sewage disposal. But it almost makes sense anyway.