PDA

View Full Version : is there 3 different style buddy club 3 kits? beansbear

team ERA 5
03-03-2004, 09:47 PM
well i was reading beanbears post and it looks as if his car and mine have different front ends then the rest of the people with buddy club kits...(front ends)

heres the first pic the grill doesnt slant down like beansbears and mine...i know we have the knockoffs but is that the difference?

wchan51656321 and rockies old bc3 kit were like this>>> http://teamprototype.com/cfparts/civic_03/civic03_front_01.jpg

beansbears and my kit>>>
http://hisurf.com/~scott/civic/buddyfront.jpg

i know beansbear doesnt have that front end anymore but is that how u can tell if its a real or knock off bc3???

i was also able to fit my oem grill on my bc3 front bumper...

question is will the jdm bumper support fit my front ? with my front end being different?

do i make sense haha???

Kwazie
03-03-2004, 11:28 PM
its just that you bought the bc kit with the new rsx style grill not a biggy. when you ordered your kit from SSUSA you chould have asked for the old style bc kit, but me i like the one you and beansbear got cuz it can fit the mugen grill perfectly and thats what i got :D

CIVICBOOST
03-10-2004, 09:52 PM
I've had the old style like Wchan and S.S's EP, I bought it from a friend who no longer has his EP. I busted my front on some concrete, so I bought a new one from Showstoppers which is the new style like beansbears buddy front that he had before going to the CTR front and CF Mugen lip...

The difference is in the "nose", the old style being rounded off and the new style being more "pointy" like the RSX grill area. The other difference is that the part of the bumper that wraps underneath the front to the splashguard is shorter on the new style. Both styles CANT use the USDM impact beam though.
Hope that helped clear this up :)

Also from what I hear the "real" Buddy Club kit is Urethane;)

team ERA 5
03-10-2004, 10:06 PM
i have the new style front kit...i was just wondering because the front end being different will the real jdm bumper supports still fit the new buddy club front?

oh yea the real buddy club kit is still fiberglass...

CIVICBOOST
03-10-2004, 10:22 PM
From having the old one and the new one side by side, I dont see why the rebar wouldnt work:)

hhmmmm, if your saying the JDM Buddy Club kit isnt Urethane maybe the old cracked front I've got is the JDM Buddy Front then:confused: Oh well I dont give a shit, they both look good IMO even though their slightly different:cool:

KeNnYtAkEr
03-13-2004, 04:30 PM
I think the only diff is the fitment. And the size od the gaps between the fenders and the front bumper. thats the only diff. The JDM Buddyclub uses high grade fiberglass so either way u get firberglass just some is alot stronger then the other. If the gaps are tight and fits clean thats all that matters i guess

beansbear
03-13-2004, 09:07 PM
sorry ive been so busy i havent checked here at all...

you can tell a knock off by the fit and finish. The real BC kit will be FRP and very thin. The finish of it will be white and it will be so smooth it looks like a stock piece from the car. It will also fit perfectly because FRP kits are not mass produced but made to order unlike the knock offs.

SOME of the knock offs will have the V shaped from grill like the stock bumper. You will be able to use the stock grill or mugen grill in this no problem.

My BC kit was made by VIS, or at least it was wrapped in VIS wrapping materials. Could be someone else and SS used the VIS wrap to pack it. In any case, the kit was good enough but would require a little more work to get it to look nice and fit perfectly.

The JDM rebars will fit with either bumper. I had the JDM rebar upfront before I got my intercooler. I no longer have the JDM rebar in there anymore because it just doesnt fit where the IC piping is.

hope this helps.

team ERA 5
03-13-2004, 09:53 PM
did u sell your rebar(s) yet beansbear? if you havent im willing to buy em off your