PDA

View Full Version : K20A ITR parts?

K20ACTR
10-02-2002, 05:36 PM
Does anyone know if any of the K20A Integra Type R parts will fit our cars like the cams, pistons, etc.? I don't want to buy some of this stuff and then find out that they are not compatible. I have heard different things but I want a definite answer.

jdm_ep3
10-02-2002, 06:40 PM
I got word from jdmhondaparts that the rsx-r camshafts should drop right in our cars.

K20ACTR
10-02-2002, 07:58 PM
Really? I got an e-mail from them saying that they weren't sure? Did they say anything about upgrading the valve train?

K20ACTR
10-03-2002, 03:34 PM
Anyone know anything about the pistons? They say that they will raise the compession ratio to 11.1 but I wasn't sure if our crank or rods were the same. Plus I don't know anyone offering any valvetrain components right now?

madbrain
10-03-2002, 06:39 PM
The rods and crank are different. If you are going to swap pistons just get the rods, I would not worry about the crank. When cams become available so will the springs and retainers.

rbf351
10-04-2002, 05:32 AM
rsx r or rsx s cam will not fit a Si

they are 2 totally different designs

madbrain
10-04-2002, 06:39 AM

Yes they will. The block is exactly the same. And as for the design being different, of course it is that is the reason people want them. You will need to perform some headwork but that is true of most aftermarket cams also.

Whooopasss
10-04-2002, 12:51 PM
the Si has a balancer shaft, while the RSX does not

the Si head only use VTEC on the intake side and the RSX-S uses VTEC on both intake and exhaust so a S cam wont work on an Si

This was covered before...

SIborland
10-04-2002, 01:47 PM
I say just wait and see....somebody will do it...at least on the intake side.

sniperSI
10-04-2002, 01:51 PM
Fuck it get the spoon cams, or toda.

K20ACTR
10-04-2002, 01:53 PM
They don't make them yet. I'm tryin to get something now, but if no one seems to be 100% sure then I will just hold off and get my exhaust.

sniperSI
10-04-2002, 02:09 PM
http://asia.vtec.net/article/k20a/
The avg fanatic should of already read it, but if you really want the break break abreak down of the i-vtec read.

madbrain
10-04-2002, 05:54 PM
the Si head only use VTEC on the intake side and the RSX-S uses VTEC on both intake and exhaust so a S cam wont work on an Si

Some of you guys make me nuts. If you read the thread more carefully you will see that I understand that some head work will be needed. Its not that complicated.

If it makes you feel any better; how about I just say to use the cams you may have to swap the heads or how about just using the intake cam for the different profile and slightly greater duration.

BTW the main reason anyone would want those cams is to have V-TEC on the exhaust side also. Think about it and maybe you will understand.

madbrain
10-04-2002, 06:02 PM
Hey K20 are you going to mod your engine yourself or do you have an engine builder?? If you have someone who knows thier way around engines go ahead and buy the cams. The intake cam will drop in as well as the exhaust cam its just a matter of the proper valvetrain and lifter assembly on the exhaust side. Most engine builders know where to get these components even though they are not on the open market. There are numerous machine shops and parts suppliers that can make springs of the right size and rate in the material of your choice.

rbf351
10-05-2002, 06:15 PM
have any of you seen what it looks like under the valve cover of both engines?

the rsx-r,rsx-s, and CTR both use VTEC on both intake and exhaust cams, plus use 3 lobes

the Si and rsx use vtec ONLY on the intake cam and use 1 lobe for the exhaust cam and 2 lobes for the intake cam

it would not be worth the troble in swapping both parts, just easier to get a different head, and thats if it bolts up

Whooopasss
10-06-2002, 12:21 AM
Originally posted by madbrain

Yes they will. The block is exactly the same..

same block dont mean same head..

as what was pointed out on top, there is a big difference bet the 2 heads.. complicated enough??

just wait for the right cams for the Si..

madbrain
10-07-2002, 07:32 AM
same block dont mean same head..

No shit, same block means you can swap head. Please read the posts entirely before making comments. Again its not that complicated, that is if you have ever built an engine.

Whooopasss
10-07-2002, 07:47 PM
then go do it and make us all of us happy..

I'm not a engine builder my self, I'm just into FI more.. like a turbo CRX (from scratch) a turbo ZC (again from scratch) and more recently a vortech integra (check clubSi Ncal we got pics there too) About 2 months ago, we just finished our 1989 integra CRVtec swap (again check clubsi Ncal and the first gen integra board)

Asside from the belt drive and chain drive thing on the K20 (Si/RSX) I guess you can swap the heads.. have you checked on this already? do they line up? have you tried it?

and for the block being the same, read your post

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Yes they will. The block is exactly the same. And as for the design being different, of course it is that is the reason people want them. You will need to perform some headwork but that is true of most aftermarket cams also.

Your saying yes the cams will fit because they have the same block.. it didnt say

rsx r or rsx s HEAD will not fit a Si..

jesus...

here.. someone in clubSi actually did some research already

http://forums.clubsi.com/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=UBB16&Number=1172870&Forum=UBB16&Words=k20&Match=Entire%20Phrase&Searchpage=0&Limit=25&Old=allposts&Main=1172870

just incase you dont know who EG6 is, he build CRVtec engines .. a lot of them... so do email him and ask him what he thinks.. he would be more than willing to answer your question.. if he got the answers.. not sure if he has more info on the Si/RSX head swap already..

madbrain
10-08-2002, 06:38 AM
here.. someone in clubSi actually did some research already

Dude...Thanks for the link but you went through all that trouble to post a link that supports what I have been saying all along. I thought you were going to make me look stupid not prove me right. We must have done our reseach in the same place. If you would care to do some research yourself check TOVA they are doing some wild things with the K20.

Sidenote: Have you thought about fabbing a turbo manifold and piping for the Si, I'm sure you would have alot of interest.

Whooopasss
10-08-2002, 10:01 AM
no trouble at all. I was watching that thread for some time.

Turbo manifold project is put on hold, since HKS looks like they got a good kit.. so I'll wait and see how that comes about..

post a link for TOVA..

madbrain
10-08-2002, 07:33 PM
Im not good with linking, just search online for "Temple of VTEC Asia."