PDA

View Full Version : Q about the k series programable use on 02 si

Silverstreak
03-04-2004, 03:30 PM
Will I be able to have it tuned for the A3? Will I have access to the A3 base maps when they become available? I wish I could ask Doug himself. Does this sound good to any of you? $1000 for the kpro and dyno tunning by a hondata dealer on their in house dyno.

anjapower
03-04-2004, 03:38 PM
It isn't out yet for the A3...I think a few more weeks.

Edit: a few more months;)

Tenacious G
03-04-2004, 03:38 PM
hondata said to wait for the A3-specific programmable ECU's release in June. the A2 application won't do you any good because the lowest VTEC engagement point is 3K rpm and the maps are different.

Silverstreak
03-04-2004, 04:29 PM
Is there something different with the ECU, or are they just not done with the si maps? If the maps are the thing in question then I can get it dynoed and have them make the maps specifically made for my car. That would be better than the base map that I would get from them.

Tenacious G
03-04-2004, 04:32 PM
yeah, you could do that. but you still deal with the issue of VTEC engagement being set at the lowest 3,000 rpm. you're making the A3 run on super econo-mode until that point if you were to the the current programmable ECU.

Silverstreak
03-04-2004, 04:57 PM
If thats the only thing different then my tuner can get around that.

andy
03-04-2004, 05:05 PM
Do you already have the Hondata reflash? Are you contemplating
getting the reflash vs. ordering the programmable unit?

This is a quote from Hondata:
"We will have a programmable ECU for the EP3 K20A3 available around late April. You'd be best to wait until then."

Payntech (member name of someone here) mentioned they were going to
try the programmable unit on a stock K20A3 and see how it went. Might
want to pm them.
Here is that thread (http://www.ephatch.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=30836).

IMO, I wouldn't be in a rush to order it "just to have it" - I think
you might as well wait until Hondata fine tunes it for the Si.

myeverlovinsir
03-04-2004, 07:10 PM
I have been able to adjust the vtec below 3k rpm in the editor. Not sure if it would be accepted, I am not able to upload it yet. I can go online with the ECU but think that the ignition must be turned on in order to work correctly. The help files are very sketchy and not developed fully yet. I'm sure it works well, just not savy to certain items like commands yet. I don't have the ECU in my car yet and am just seeing all that is available. Will be installed tomorrow. It is quite simple to navigate, just like any other windows app. I did upgrade my editor after selecting 'check for upgrades' in the help menu. There was an upgrade available as soon as I got it online.;)
Still learning.

Silverstreak
03-04-2004, 08:08 PM
I am going to go for it any way. This might make me have to get a A2 head. I guess I will be a test rat for this.

1 fstr si
03-04-2004, 08:20 PM
this will more than likely be the next performance oriented item for my car, seeing as though the powercard for my JRSC i dont think is totally a great performer, seeing as though my friends driving behind me can smeel some unburnt gas, plus my magnaflow tip gets black REALLY quick.