PDA

View Full Version : JRSC and hondata heat shield gasket>??

vampire666
03-04-2004, 05:06 PM
hey you guys ...I got a question can I use a hondata heatshield gasket to install a jackson racing super charger.???

andy
03-04-2004, 05:11 PM
I'm assuming you mean you want to use the gasket "with" the JSRC,
not to "install the JSRC".

Maybe. IIRC, the JSRC replaces the intake manifold so you might
have to ask them if their replacement fits.

But honestly, I think any gains the Hondata gasket would provide
would be negated by the gains of the JSRC. In other words, you're
adding 40% (or whatever it is) more HP (and heating the incoming
air), why bother to try and squeeze out another 1-2hp?

Also, looks like you have to use a gasket they provide (per their
instructions).

vampire666
03-04-2004, 05:24 PM
thank's for the correction...they dont giveme the gasket and the instructions say I have to buy a new one...so thats why Im thinking on installed with the hondata gasket...

oogy-boogy
03-04-2004, 05:36 PM
I beleive User: Champ Masters (???) tried and couldn't get it to fit (clearance issue).

vampire666
03-04-2004, 05:41 PM
mmm.I call hondata and they told me yes....mm..

oogy-boogy
03-04-2004, 06:01 PM
Originally posted by vampire666
mmm.I call hondata and they told me yes....mm..

Page 2: http://www.ephatch.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=25555&perpage=15&highlight=jrsc&pagenumber=2

vampire666
03-05-2004, 11:05 PM
damn...I allready buy the hondata gasket...I call both jackson and hondata they lie.....bye plans for sunday.....now Im going a have to wait to monday to order the IM gasket and the throttle body gasket....oohh sh.....
:mad:

danoonez
03-05-2004, 11:12 PM
Originally posted by andy
But honestly, I think any gains the Hondata gasket would provide
would be negated by the gains of the JSRC. In other words, you're
adding 40% (or whatever it is) more HP (and heating the incoming
air), why bother to try and squeeze out another 1-2hp?

Think about it this way: how does the Hondata Heatshield Gasket produce the horsepower gains?...by cooling the intake charge. So since the intake air is heated by the supercharger, I would imagine that one would see pretty decent gains using the heatshield gasket with the supercharger vs. a normal Honda gasket.

Payntech
03-06-2004, 12:45 PM
Definately install the heatshield gasket. The manifold and blower get hot enough without adding the engine heat too it.

We have them instock if you need one.

Thanks,

EtherGhost
03-10-2004, 10:40 AM
Originally posted by Payntech
Definately install the heatshield gasket. The manifold and blower get hot enough without adding the engine heat too it.

We have them instock if you need one.

Thanks,

Originally posted by Champ Masters
One thing I forgot to mention, the Hondata Heatshield gasket is NOT compatible with the JRSC. The SC will not mount correctly because the gasket is too thick:(

If it won't fit, how is he supposed to use it?

Tenacious G
03-10-2004, 12:25 PM
yes, we're getting conflicting information here.

ChampMasters has tried the install w/ the IMG and said there are clearance issues.

Payntech and Hondata, both very reputable companies, say the IMG will fit with the JRSC.

who's going to prove who wrong? it's understandable that there would be fitment issues since the SC is packed in there so tightly to begin with.

02SilverSiHB
03-10-2004, 03:20 PM
it will fit, I've heard this before, not only on this car, but even on my last car (1997 civic EX)

The mechanic said there was enough room/the studs weren't long enough. I installed it myself...you have to shuve the hell out of the charger to get some room for the studs and see some threading...then put the nuts back on and your good...just torque to specs...afterwards the gasket will look smashed on there, but that's okay, it works

and speaking of working, it actually helps a lot for the JRSC..since it does make so much heat, the less heat soak you get, the better.

vampire666
03-15-2004, 11:00 PM
ok..JRSC installed with hondata gasket...and yes...it fit..

02SilverSiHB
03-15-2004, 11:08 PM
Originally posted by vampire666
ok..JRSC installed with hondata gasket...and yes...it fit..
what did I tell you, what did I tell you! who's your daddy, who's your daddy! :D

so how's the car feel with the jrsc man? good?

vampire666
03-15-2004, 11:18 PM
yeah man..is a beast...jeje:D ..kicks like crazy...i love it ...special when VTEC kicks...I post some pics soon......