PDA

View Full Version : mr alex c-pillar questions

LazyAzzAzian
03-04-2004, 05:31 PM
i was thinking about getting the mr alex c-pillar bar, does anyone have it? how hard is it to put on? and does it make a difference? any info would be much appreciated, thanks guys...

oh yeah i tried a search but it sucks when your limited to writing words over 4 letters, i could only come up with "alex pillar"

LazyAzzAzian
03-05-2004, 07:37 PM
anyones has or knows anything about this product???

ep3minivan
03-06-2004, 07:38 AM
Originally posted by LazyAzzAzian
anyones has or knows anything about this product???

I have a couple of friends that have it on DC2s. But, theirs mounts up to the rear seatbealt mount unlike ours that we must cut the c pillar cover. If anyone that has one can post some pics of what they had to cut out, it would be much appreciated.

fsugatorbait
03-08-2004, 01:38 PM
Ours also attaches to the rear seat belt mounting points. You need to cut holes in the large pillar covers to the right and left of the hatch.

Civicvtec1ps
03-08-2004, 02:07 PM
fsugatorbait
Post some pictures of Alex C pillar bar ;0

fsugatorbait
03-08-2004, 02:09 PM
Originally posted by Civicvtec1ps
fsugatorbait
Post some pictures of Alex C pillar bar ;0

will do when i get out of work.

fsugatorbait
03-08-2004, 04:01 PM
Here is the J's racing bar, same as Mr. Alex...

http://www.we-todd-did-racing.com/wetoddimage.wtdr/i=wMzAyNjUyNnM0MTNkZmQzMXk1NDE%3D.jpg

http://www.we-todd-did-racing.com/wetoddimage.wtdr/i=wMzAyNjUzNnM0MTNkZmQzMXk1NDE%3D.jpg

http://www.we-todd-did-racing.com/wetoddimage.wtdr/i=wMzAyNjU0NnM0MTNkZmQzMXk1NDE%3D.jpg

LazyAzzAzian
03-08-2004, 04:22 PM
whoa thanks for the pics, does the bar noticably improve handling?

ep3minivan
03-08-2004, 09:37 PM
thanks for the pics fsugatorbait! it looks good

Makross
03-08-2004, 09:44 PM
Nice!!

fsugatorbait
03-09-2004, 10:31 AM
Originally posted by LazyAzzAzian
whoa thanks for the pics, does the bar noticably improve handling?

I installed it the same time as the J's rear strut bar so I cant pinpoint which one made the most difference but the handling with both bars is remarkable.

FCobra94
03-09-2004, 11:45 AM
Hmm. That c-pillar bar sure looks good :tongue:

How hard was it to install that and the rear strut tower bar?

Thanks!

fsugatorbait
03-10-2004, 07:10 AM
It wasnt hard at all, just a little time consuming to get the pillar pannels cut correctly. Id highly recommend the rear strut bar, it bolts not only to the strut tower but also to the body of the car on each side, just like a front mount bar that attaches to the firewall. To my knowledge its the only rear bar that does.

Low Rider
03-10-2004, 07:38 AM
I would go with the Mugen rear brace. It sits lower and all you have to do is remove the 2 snap on floor panels... no cutting and messing about. Check King Motorsports under RSX!!!;)

FCobra94
03-10-2004, 08:06 AM
Originally posted by fsugatorbait
Id highly recommend the rear strut bar, it bolts not only to the strut tower but also to the body of the car on each side, just like a front mount bar that attaches to the firewall.

Yeah, I noticed that; very nice!

I wonder why their front bar doesn't attach to the the firewall though :confused: Do you guys know of any that do?

I heard the D3Designs one will, but not sure if their's has come out yet.

Thanks!

fsugatorbait
03-10-2004, 08:14 AM
Originally posted by Low Rider
I would go with the Mugen rear brace. It sits lower and all you have to do is remove the 2 snap on floor panels... no cutting and messing about. Check King Motorsports under RSX!!!;)

thats fine and dandy, but your talking about a rear strut bar that only attaches to the strut towers, not any reinforcement to the body of the car. The only cutting you have to do is for the c-pillar bar, the j's rear strut bar fits under the carpet in the back of the hatch with no cutting necessary.

fsugatorbait
03-10-2004, 08:17 AM
Originally posted by FCobra94
Yeah, I noticed that; very nice!

I wonder why their front bar doesn't attach to the the firewall though :confused: Do you guys know of any that do?

I heard the D3Designs one will, but not sure if their's has come out yet.

Thanks!

The D3D bar will, however there arent any out yet that do.

Low Rider
03-10-2004, 09:15 AM
thats fine and dandy, but your talking about a rear strut bar that only attaches to the strut towers, not any reinforcement to the body of the car. The only cutting you have to do is for the c-pillar bar, the j's rear strut bar fits under the carpet in the back of the hatch with no cutting necessary.

Yeah I hear ya... I'm just not into cutting up my C-pillar covers. A direct application shock strut tower brace in the rear is almost completely useless... that part of the EP3 underbody is already ridiculously strong.;) The Mugen brace is the mopst logical way to go in my opinion. I have every confidence in their R&D.:D

fsugatorbait
03-10-2004, 09:22 AM
While I understand your point regarding the mugen bar I have to disagree for one simple point. Its a given that our shock towers move under driving, tying them together via a strut bar will add rigidity but will still allow the towers to move in unison. By adding a 3rd and 4th mounting point to the body of the car (fixed point) you would eliminate any movement that could occur otherwise. Were not bracing the body of car with the bar but the strut towers. :)

Low Rider
03-10-2004, 09:24 AM
your talking about a rear strut bar that only attaches to the strut towers, not any reinforcement to the body of the car.

???:rolleyes: Kinda looks like it reinforces the body to me!!!

http://www.kingmotorsports.com/images/projects/rsx/rsx_14.jpg

fsugatorbait
03-10-2004, 09:32 AM
Thats not a rear strut bar, thats similar to the Neuspeed bar and would require cutting.

Low Rider
03-10-2004, 09:35 AM
Thats not a rear strut bar, thats similar to the Neuspeed bar.

So is this more like what you had in mind??? It looks like a solid piece of hardware to me... ;)

fsugatorbait
03-10-2004, 09:40 AM
So is this more like what you had in mind??? It looks like a solid piece of hardware to me... ;)

yeah that is something that I would add if my amps weren't mounted to the back seats along with the rear strut bar because they're tying together two different points on the car.

Low Rider
03-10-2004, 09:48 AM
yeah that is something that I would add if my amps weren't mounted to the back seats along with the rear strut bar because they're tying together two different points on the car.

I've got this thing sitting in my front hallway... I haven't had time to attach it yet. When I called Mugen and asked for a rear strut tower brace for the EP3 this is what they sent me. I was a liitle surprized because I thought it was supposed to connect up to the struts. They told me that their R&D showed that a rear strut tower brace was pretty redundant due to the strength of the existing underbody (frame). Anyway... the workmanship is sweet. I'm hoping to put it on this week. ;)

fsugatorbait
03-10-2004, 09:52 AM
I've got this thing sitting in my front hallway... I haven't had time to attach it yet. When I called Mugen and asked for a rear strut tower brace for the EP3 this is what they sent me. I was a liitle surprized because I thought it was supposed to connect up to the struts. They told me that their R&D showed that a rear strut tower brace was pretty redundant due to the strength of the existing underbody (frame). Anyway... the workmanship is sweet. I'm hoping to put it on this week. ;)

Sounds good, let us know how you like it and be sure to take pics. :)

Low Rider
03-10-2004, 09:59 AM
Cool... I will. I wanted the front tower brace too but apparently you have to modify a couple of the reservoirs. Right now I have the Comptech titanium front tower strut brace. ;)