PDA

View Full Version : progress rear sway bar

k20ASi
03-04-2004, 07:57 PM
i have a progress rear sway bar comming in Friday hopfully and i was wondering if anyone has it with a skunk 2 cat back, if so does it hit the bar and rattel alot? Also alot of people install it upside down is ther a way to find out if you are doing it right?

k20ASi
03-04-2004, 08:10 PM
ok i found how to tell if it is on wrong i still need to know about the exuast thing.

Gearhead Geek
03-04-2004, 09:33 PM
Well, I'm running a Neuspeed rear sway (22mm, just like the Progress I believe), and an Invidia catback (pretty much the same exact pipe path as the Skunk2, just with a different name on it), and I have no problems with the exhaust hitting. So long as the Progress has the same bends as stock (as the Neuspeed does) you should have no problems at all. Hope this helps.

k20ASi
03-04-2004, 09:41 PM
thanks

EnJaNir
03-04-2004, 10:06 PM
It hits the HKS, not too bad, just a little rattle at idle *sometimes* nothing really to worry about imo, but I'm trying to find an inexpensive permanent solution for the rattle

!@#$%
03-05-2004, 07:13 AM
The pipe on the skunk2 is pretty big. I'm going with the neuspeed (thanks gearhead) because after seeing the progress in person I know it would hit.

DynaSpeed
03-05-2004, 07:18 AM
I'm fairly certain it will rattle on the Skunk2. I haven't heard the progress not rattling on any aftermarket pipe. It's not a big deal. Just wrap some heat-resistant rubber around where the bar will touch the pipe.

k20ASi
03-16-2004, 08:07 PM
ok the bar is in and im going to install it friday after school, then im going to drive for awile and take my favorit off ramp witch i take every friday going to get my girl from school, it is a fast ramp it is a full circle and up hill. I started taking it about 45 mph and just keped going faster tell I felt like taking no more risk (im a pretty conservitive)Now i take it at about 55-60 mph. im sure if i was crazy i could go 70 but im not. Im really exited to feel the diffrence in the turn. I will aslo have pics of it somtime during the weekend of the install and finished product.