PDA

View Full Version : drop springs how low do i go??

coheed+cambria
03-04-2004, 10:31 PM
So im getting my new si soon, and i need some info from you experienced folk. I want to put 18"s on my si and want to know waht drop hieght i should do. Mind you im new to the si scene so i need all the help you guys are willing to offer. Was thinking about doing fully adjustable coilovers but they are so damn expensive. Let me know what you guys think.

Vertigo
03-04-2004, 11:01 PM
I recommend no more than 2 inch drop on 18's. I have GC's so i can adjust accordingly. People seem to like the Eibach, Tein, Progress and Neuspeed springs. Each has a different amount of drop. So just find something to your liking. If you want a full coilover set-up the Tein's are around $800. For a first mod, i'd recommend a intake.

coheed+cambria
03-04-2004, 11:07 PM
yeah no doubt i plan on doing intake and engine mods.. im not going to do much with the exterior..so far just rims. But thanks for the info dude.

Brettnyt
03-04-2004, 11:29 PM
Hey man, I have 18"s and 35 series tires. My Neuspeed race springs go great with the 18"s. About 1.5 finger gap in the front and 1.75 fingers in the rear.

Heres Pics--> My Car Domain Site (http://www.cardomain.com/id/brettnyt)

coheed+cambria
03-04-2004, 11:49 PM
Originally posted by Brettnyt
Hey man, I have 18"s and 35 series tires. My Neuspeed race springs go great with the 18"s. About 1.5 finger gap in the front and 1.75 fingers in the rear.

Thats the info i needed dude.. thanks a mil. i owe you one.

coheed+cambria
03-05-2004, 12:00 AM
hey man i was checking out the neuspeed race springs and i just wanted to double check the figures... umm you got the ones with the 2" drop front and rear? and what else did you do to your suspension.. of anything else.. thanks for your time i really apreciate it.

side note: your car looks hot.

civicracer1128
03-05-2004, 08:02 AM
The pioneers
In dealing with it they march for dawn, for Will and worthy
The truth be told the child was born

Man your own jackhammer
Man your battle stations
We'll have you dead pretty soon
Sincerely written from my brother's blood machine
Man your own battle station
We'll have you home pretty soon.....

AWSOME SCREEN NAME!!!!!!!!!great band as well

;)

id answer your real question but it looks like that situation is under control. but if you can get the $$$ later on, do get the full coilovers. im getting TEIN superstreets in a few months.

Brettnyt
03-05-2004, 08:05 AM
Originally posted by coheed+cambria
hey man i was checking out the neuspeed race springs and i just wanted to double check the figures... umm you got the ones with the 2" drop front and rear? and what else did you do to your suspension.. of anything else.. thanks for your time i really apreciate it.

side note: your car looks hot.

Thanks man,
As for suspension, I have neuspeed upper front strut bar, the race springs, and front and rear SPC camber kits. On a side note, the agressive drop is not the best for the struts, so I will eventually upgrade to Koni adjustables. Hope this helps!

Si4U2NV
03-05-2004, 11:42 AM
Originally posted by civicracer1128
The pioneers
In dealing with it they march for dawn, for Will and worthy
The truth be told the child was born

Man your own jackhammer
Man your battle stations
We'll have you dead pretty soon
Sincerely written from my brother's blood machine
Man your own battle station
We'll have you home pretty soon.....

AWSOME SCREEN NAME!!!!!!!!!great band as well

;)

id answer your real question but it looks like that situation is under control. but if you can get the $$$ later on, do get the full coilovers. im getting TEIN superstreets in a few months.

:shockm: AHHHHHHH!!! ANOTHER COHEED FAN!!!!!!!!!! In Keeping Secrets Of Silent Earth: 3 is one of my favs!!! i had NOOOOO idea you (or many other people) were into them!!! (BTW- i IMed coheed+cambria the second i saw "welcome to our newest member")

awesome...

everything evil is my favorite tho :winkm:

-Mike

coheed+cambria
03-05-2004, 11:45 AM
I didnt know so many poeple were into coheed and cambria.. i have been fallowing then for about a year now and just from the responce from people in this forum it sounds like they are taking off. They do rule.. and i hope you all know the premise behind all of there cds. Each one is part of a story hence them being numbered I.E. "second stage turbine blade" , "in keeping secrets of the silent earth 3".. well anyways thanks all who answered my questions and keep listening to good music.

shimmy_yaz
03-05-2004, 06:32 PM
Originally posted by Brettnyt

I don't get it how do you have a 2" drop with lots of room and I have a 1.5" drop and rub?? What offset and width are your rims? I think that is my problem my rims are 7.5 and I have no clue what offset.