PDA

View Full Version : dumb intake question

pHatSI07
03-04-2004, 10:55 PM
this may sound dumb but how often do you need to change your intake filter?

Brettnyt
03-04-2004, 11:30 PM
You dont, but it is recomended that you re-oil it and clean it once in a blue moon. Thats what I'm guessing anyways...

estebones
03-04-2004, 11:32 PM
Ususally by the time your intake starts to whistle...some people may think that is what is cool about intakes but in reality this happens when you need to change it basically it means that your car is having trouble getting air through the filter thus the whistling.

A clean intake should sound throaty and mean, some chirping may be ok but when your intake is whistling throughout all of your acceleration then you have a problem and it would be on your best interest to change your filter... Also you can basically look at the filter itself if it looks a dirty it is and unless you know how to clean it and reuse it...replace that motha'

I hope this helps.
--este

Vertigo
03-04-2004, 11:52 PM
It's good to replace your stock air filter every 15k. If you have a aftermarket intake with a KN style filter, you can just wash it and re-oil it. You can pick up a recharge kit at your local auto parts store.

ATRIOT
03-05-2004, 12:16 AM
Dont just clean it because its not "Red" or whatever colour it was before. The dirt actually aids in filtration. If its pretty black, its time to give er' a scrub.

Si4U2NV
03-05-2004, 11:15 AM
that was actually a good question... :smilem: and good answers too...

LET THE EPHATCH REVOLUTION BEGIN!!

-Mike

pHatSI07
03-05-2004, 03:24 PM
thanks guys, one more question, should i clean it? or replace it? i have an injen sri

ATRIOT
03-05-2004, 03:26 PM
Clean it and check for any holes or signs of damage.