PDA

View Full Version : Fuel System Question

tekgnosis
03-05-2004, 10:51 AM
Hey guys, me again. I searched but couldn't find anything related to this...maybe I'm searching for the wrong thing.

Anywho, I was wondering about your d00dz fuel system setup.

What air/fuel regulator that is currently on the market is the easiest to tune, and perhaps has some auto settings for safety (ie: it will gaurd against running too lean or rich)?

I was looking at the HKS S-AFR. Do any of you have this?

Also, did you guys swap out your fuel regulators? I saw a post that was pretty helpful about the guy that did the return fuel system swap, it was really sweet.

Basically I'm wondering about what computer would be best (what about the AEM EMS?), and if I need to get an adjustable fuel pressure regulator (just for safety's sake).

Also, do you guys know of any cars whose injectors are swapable into ours? I'm looking for bigger injectors but don't want to buy new unless I have to.

sorry for the bunch of questions, hopefully my rambling isn't too much to swallow :)

tekgnosis
03-05-2004, 08:26 PM
ok, sorry for previous spastic post.

I think I'm going to go with the HKS SAFR.

Here's my plan:
1) Install air/fuel gauge, and see what the mixture is at 500 rpm intervals (write down the numbers)
2) Install turbo
3) Use the HKS SAFR to try to get back to stock as close as possible (for safety's sake)
4) tune for performance and safety with dyno

but...what do you guys use for a fuel pump and fuel regulator?

also, what about injectors?