OK, I wasn

IceD out N CALI
10-02-2002, 08:26 PM
good points. U should mention that in your new car survey

natesi
10-02-2002, 08:31 PM
New car survey?

I never got one.

Also, I've heard it mentioned that Honda gives a free first oil change, or something like that? Is it a dealership thing, becuase I never got a coupon/certificate or anything like that.

Thanks,

-nate

IceD out N CALI
10-02-2002, 08:34 PM
the survey takes like a month or so in the mail. its from JD power and associates. That sucks u have not received one yet

Spidey
10-02-2002, 08:46 PM
The dealership might give you a free oil change. I believe most of them do. When you go for your first one and they try to make you pay, act surprised "What? I thought the 1st one was on the house???" heheh

i completely agree with the seats and the wipers. I do like that that everything came included on the vehicle and there was no options other than the side airbags.

natesi
10-02-2002, 08:46 PM
Thanks,

Does anyone know if previous generation Si's had either (a) seats with a better memory feature, or (b) varible speed intermittant wipers?

-nate

SiCivic2k2
10-02-2002, 09:06 PM
Well, I liked one thing about the 99-00 Civic Si's. You were able to adjust the height of the seat and tilt it as well. You can't do that with our seats.

natesi
10-02-2002, 09:16 PM
Originally posted by SiCivic2k2
Well, I liked one thing about the 99-00 Civic Si's. You were able to adjust the height of the seat and tilt it as well. You can't do that with our seats.

My 02 ZX3 did that too. Granted, the car was a huge POS, but it had some nice features I will miss (such as telescoping wheel, 16 inch rims, AND a much nicer stereo). Probably the coolest thing it had was a feature called AdvanceTrac, where the car would correct it self out of skids and stuff (it could cut throttle or brake individual wheels depending on where it determined you wanted to go and where you were *actually* going). I did some stupid things to test it out and I have to admit it worked really well!

But the car was a lemon, nor did it have enough power to get out of it's own way. I'm glad to be rid of it. Obviously Ford sells features and NOT quality....

I didn't expect AS MANY features on a Honda becuase they concentrate more on quality and engineering, but still.... I think wipers and seat features are pretty basic, don't cost that much, and will add much MORE satisfaction to the owner over the years. The Si should come with things like a real memory seat and intermittant wipers (at no additional cost). I mean, they put in a sunroof (pretty spendy) and left out intermittant wipers?!?! I don't get it.

But that's just my opinion I guess.

HondaMan
10-02-2002, 09:19 PM
Yeah, those are good points and I wish they had more of the features common with the CTR...I know its got to cost less to have/manufacturer more common parts with the CTR...go figure.

MagusDC5
10-02-2002, 09:42 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by natesi
[B]

Features I expected with a $19,000 car:
$$ Variable speed intermittent wipers

DC02Si
10-02-2002, 09:53 PM
Definately good points! The seats really bother me.

SiBoy
10-02-2002, 10:19 PM
I got my car for 15k so i aint trippen about the features. It's fine with me.

HondaMan
10-02-2002, 10:30 PM
Originally posted by SiBoy
I got my car for 15k so i aint trippen about the features. It's fine with me.

Ouch, 15k! :p

SiCivic2k2
10-02-2002, 11:06 PM
Geez! 15k! That's crazy. I paid 19,000 for mine.

Eric55inSacCA
10-02-2002, 11:28 PM
yeah another i thing to mention that i expected from a 19000 dollar car....to not have it being sold for 15000 six months later... id expect that out of ford or chevy but not honda

SiBoy
10-03-2002, 12:03 AM
heheh u should just waited cars usually get cheaper towards the end of the year

SBC31
10-03-2002, 07:21 AM
-16" wheels would have been nice, but I prefer getting my own choice of wheels, thus not looking like every other car out there.

- Telescoping wheel: I had this in my last car, and once the wheel was set where I wanted it, I never moved it from the day I picked up the car. Nice feature, but nothing I would really use.

- As for the stereo, I love music and all, but I'm not into spending money on car audio. The stock one is fine for what I need, and much better then most cars out there.

Just my opinion on the 3 subjects, as you can see, those things don't matter too much to me, but this is different for everyone.

ApexinSi
10-03-2002, 08:20 AM
I'm a little pissed off that I hear the 2k2 si is going for $17k + or -.
I picked mine up for $19k :( BTW...WTF is up with these monkeys, this is my first time using one of them....are you trying to imply that all of us EP drivers are..monkeys? I sure as hell feel like a monkey since I paid 19k.... or is everyone in here lying about how much they really paid? I know of a handfull of people that paid $20k-$23k so I don't feel too bad, but still.... $19k for a honda is alot.

jaydub
10-03-2002, 08:23 AM
[B] * Variable speed intermittent wipers

SpacemanSpiff
10-03-2002, 09:27 AM
I look at it this way. I paid $18K total for mine including Side Airbags, Mud Guards, and Floor Mats. For that price I couldn't have found a new car that I like more. (No Mini dealer in my area :-( ) Yeah, all that other stuff is nice. I love the height adjustable seats and telescoping steering wheel in our Volkswagen. The radio is better in the VW too. In fact, the VW is an all around heavier car with more attention to the details. You can tell a difference just by closing the doors on a VW, they close just like the doors on a Mercedes.
But to get a VW I would have been happy with I would have needed to pay more money, at least $22K or $23K. And even with the VW there would have been things I wasn't happy with (Heavy, poor seats, etc).
Every car is a compromise and so far I love my SI because the basics seem to be done pretty well. Sure there is stuff I would like to change, but none of them are vital to my appreciation of what the car does right.

SpacemanSpiff
10-03-2002, 09:30 AM
I'll reply to SBC and jaydub too. I use the telescoping wheel a lot. I'm 6'4" and when nobody is in the seat behind me I move my seat back and pull the wheel all the way out. But when I am carrying passengers, I move the seat up some to give them room and also move the wheel closer to the dash so that I can still drive comfortably.

jaydub
10-03-2002, 09:41 AM
I can say that out of the requests mentioned by the original poster, the telescoping steering wheel would be the most useful.

EDIT: I wonder if the placement of the shifter has something to do with why there isn't a telescoping wheel? Just a thought.

Burgh
10-03-2002, 10:01 AM
Adding to the list... ARMREST! I really miss having one between the driver and passenger. I know people say "it forces you to keep both hands on the wheel" but hell I sit in bumper to bumper traffic most of the time and don't need to have both hands on the wheel. How many people actually cruise around with 2 hands on the wheel anyways. At first I thought that maybe they left it out b/c of the placement of the shifter, but if cars with shifters on the floor have armrests, then putting the shifter farther away would definitely mean that the armrest wouldn't interfere. Anyways, I'm rambling...

One more to the list - ALARM! A factory installed alarm should come standard on this car. I'm not dishing out the $500+ for the OEM alarm!!!

HondaMan
10-03-2002, 10:04 AM
After thinking about it more, I have to agree with SBC...he has great points as well and the lack of those features never really bothered me. BTW, I don't think any Civic has variable speed intermittent wipers and at least the rear wiper has intermittent setting which if I recall correctly my '89 Si didn't have.

Get some new wheels...that was the first thing I did! :)

HondaMan
10-03-2002, 10:07 AM
Originally posted by Burgh
Adding to the list... ARMREST! I really miss having one between the driver and passenger. I know people say "it forces you to keep both hands on the wheel" but hell I sit in bumper to bumper traffic most of the time and don't need to have both hands on the wheel. How many people actually cruise around with 2 hands on the wheel anyways. At first I thought that maybe they left it out b/c of the placement of the shifter, but if cars with shifters on the floor have armrests, then putting the shifter farther away would definitely mean that the armrest wouldn't interfere. Anyways, I'm rambling...

One more to the list - ALARM! A factory installed alarm should come standard on this car. I'm not dishing out the $500+ for the OEM alarm!!!

You can get the factory alarm for less than $200 online and have your local dealer match it...unless you have them install it for you. It looks simple to install. Yeah, an armrest would be nice but I can easily live without it.

BTW Burgh, what happened to your fantasy hockey team...please sign up again...I only need 2 more people to have the full 10 people for my league.

SLOlife
10-03-2002, 11:00 AM
The way that I look at it is if it isn't a huge safety or convince item I don

TrippZ
10-03-2002, 03:28 PM
I paid 19.3k and i got everything in my signature excep thte mirrors and intake. is that a good deal?

please answer me this time, no one ever answers, fuckers.

Spidey
10-03-2002, 04:48 PM
Originally posted by TrippZ
I paid 19.3k and i got everything in my signature excep thte mirrors and intake. is that a good deal?

please answer me this time, no one ever answers, fuckers.
heheh the reason no one answers is because you're calling everyone FUCKERS
:p

redronin22
10-03-2002, 05:00 PM
no its cus he bought a yellow SI. hehe. j/k thats not a bad price but what do u mean mirrors an intake?

LazyAzzAzian
10-04-2002, 10:35 PM
i guessing when honda lists that the Si has variable speed intermittent wipers, it must be a typo, because by the looks of it, it doesnt, that sucks because the civic Ex has it and its pretty freaking cool, dang that sucks

LazyAzzAzian
10-04-2002, 11:04 PM
did some research and i realized that the Si does have variable speed intermittent wipers, honda wasnt lying, but i doesnt mean that the intermittent speeds are variable, which is what you guys were talking about, and that sucks...i wonder if it would be possible to switch the wiper motor and wiper stalk from an Ex, just a thought

natesi
10-04-2002, 11:15 PM
Originally posted by LazyAzzAzian
did some research and i realized that the Si does have variable speed intermittent wipers, honda wasnt lying, but i doesnt mean that the intermittent speeds are variable, which is what you guys were talking about, and that sucks...i wonder if it would be possible to switch the wiper motor and wiper stalk from an Ex, just a thought

There's only one intermittant wiper speed with the Si. The ZX3 I had you could just buy a new stalk for like $20-40 and replace that--seriously. LOTS of people did it. I wonder if we could do the same? I would think since the new Si is redesigned it wouldn't work though....

LazyAzzAzian
10-04-2002, 11:26 PM
damn that really sucks, that was one thing that i really noticed on my girls Ex, it was so nice to adjust the intermittent speed...there was finally an answer to those days where the wipers arent really needed, but your just to LAZY to hit the wipers, all you need to do is set it on the biggest delay and your all set :D, ill try to see if the Ex and Si stalks are similar, ill keep you updated man

jaydub
10-04-2002, 11:29 PM
I was able to adjust the speed on my Jetta, and it was pretty useless. Even with 5 levels of adjustability, it was never fast or slow enough.

Spidey
10-13-2002, 05:44 PM
sorry to change subjects re: intermittent wipers but I wish the seatbelts were in
a better position. I find it hard to reach when buckling in.

SiCivic2k2
10-13-2002, 10:59 PM
The seatbelts are kind of hard to reach.

poppasp1ce
10-13-2002, 11:51 PM
Originally posted by SiCivic2k2
The seatbelts are kind of hard to reach.

agreed. first day i got my ep i thought it would be nice to have seatbelt rails on the seat. but that would make the seats look ugly, so i dont care.

OrganDonar 8=D
10-14-2002, 06:32 AM
i couldn't believe that for 19k floormats weren't included.
also they could have at least slapped the fog lights on there.

Spidey
10-14-2002, 09:07 AM
Originally posted by OrganDonar 8=D

they could have at least slapped the fog lights on there.
guaranteed that fog lights would be added in the 2004 or 2004 model.
notice how at the end of a model's life they start throwing in extra shite.
most foreign vehicles get upgraded every 5 yrs? so that means 2007. they gotta entice consumers to keep buying the vehicle throughtout the model's life and that means accessories being added and minor changes to the front & rear fascia.

oh yeah, they would probably add 16" inch rims as standard

ortedd
10-14-2002, 03:59 PM
You can or at least i can kind of hook the seat belt onto the part upper shoulder lateral support pads. Mine hooks there on its own half of the time. I wish that the steering wheel was a little further out. . . extendable, that way I could extend it out as far as it goes the first time that I got in and lock it there, at 6'4" when you are far enough back for your legs to be comfortable the steering wheel is about a mile away.

SiCivic2k2
10-14-2002, 06:03 PM
If you're 6'4 you shouldn't be buying a Civic. You should be looking for an SUV of some sort. :D j\k

ortedd
10-14-2002, 07:46 PM
I hate SUVs I learned how to drive in an extended cab extended bed ford diesel, then drove a Chevy suburban for a few months before I got my full license and put my own car on the road which was a compact.

I now really like small cars even though I am tall, I don

MikeR1
10-14-2002, 08:29 PM
I paid $16,500 for my SVTF with the audiofile six disc stereo and sub also the sunroof. Seventeen inch wheels standard, and intermitant wipers along with leather interior. Was the honda badge worth the extra $2500?

redronin22
10-14-2002, 08:37 PM
if the car is built better yes the extra 2500 is better since most likely our resale value will trounce fords. thats if history repeats itself

its raining
10-14-2002, 08:48 PM
i need an alarm on my car. with all these nightmares with my car i think i really need an alarm. what alarms do u guys recommend? my si is just stock right now and im broke. im going to mod it in the future. so do you guys recommend the oem alarm? i didnt even know they had one. details please? thanks.

MikeR1
10-14-2002, 09:02 PM
Built better? The two Honda's I owned laid down, one dropped a valve and the other puked a distributor. The three Fords I have owned so far (including the SVTF) have withstanded my constant abuse without problems. Percieved build quality holds Honda at a higher standard but as for resale, SVT vehicles have always held their value far better.

natesi
10-14-2002, 09:34 PM
For the love of fuck--not one of these again.

What a load of crap.

Go away.

SiCivic2k2
10-14-2002, 09:39 PM
lol

IceD out N CALI
10-14-2002, 10:39 PM
haha