PDA

View Full Version : ex exhaust on si

padelong si
03-05-2004, 01:23 PM
Does anyone know if a civic ex exhaust will fit a civic si(ep3)?
My freind is getting a new exhaust for his ex and said I could have his old dc sports twin canister exhaust. Im sure it could be modified but I dont know if it will bolt right up.

anjapower
03-05-2004, 01:24 PM
uhh most likely it will require major modifications, and even then, who knows if the bends in the midpipe would be OK, and if the bend in the muffler would clear the control arm, swaybar, etc. Not worth it IMO.

Si4U2NV
03-05-2004, 01:31 PM
well think of it this way...

hatchback <-> coupe... it wont fit...

but im sure you can use the MUFFLER (i wouldnt)

-Mike:winkm:

K20A3Si
03-05-2004, 01:33 PM
Originally posted by Si4U2NV
well think of it this way...

hatchback <-> coupe... it wont fit...

but im sure you can use the MUFFLER (i wouldnt)

-Mike:winkm: exactly what he said..
i would sell it for some $$$$$;)

STP03BlueSI
03-05-2004, 01:45 PM
Originally posted by K20A3Si
exactly what he said..
i would sell it for some $$$$$;)

Yea sell it!!

Off the topic K20A3Si-what is that in your avator?:eek: DAMN! thats all i have to say.

Chris

jaydub
03-05-2004, 02:03 PM
hehe I had my buddy's ITR axleback on my 99 Civic coupe. :)

It's possible but probably not worth the effort.

bao_pay
03-05-2004, 02:09 PM
Originally posted by STP03BlueSI
Yea sell it!!

Off the topic K20A3Si-what is that in your avator?:eek: DAMN! thats all i have to say.

Chris

Word! Gimmie the link to that streaming video bro!!!

VividDreams
03-05-2004, 05:20 PM
youre in luck!

i had an 01 EX coupe, with a DC TCS and i cant seem to sell it, so, this weekend, while im putting on my wheels, im going to taker some measurements and hold up the DC pieces to the stock exhaust. i looked at the stock set up the other day, and compared it to the DC system from memory.

the midpipe, i think will be a better fit than the rear section. you have to remember that the Si has a 1" longer wheelbase, BUT, is 10" shorter, overall, than the coupe.

looking at the rear section on the si, as soon as the pipe snakes its way through the rear suspension, it immediatly goes into the muffler, then the tips are only about 3-4 inches long at most. whereas on the coupe, the pipe comes through the rear suspension, has about an inch or two of straight pipe, then enters the muffler. the tailpipe out of the muffler is about 6-8 inches long and curves downward. overall, the rear section of the exhaust is longer than on the Si.

the DC system is similar to the stock coupe system.

i think that the midpipe will probably fit without much modding(if any). the rear section however, will prbably be too long. that kind of works out though because the midpipe is the only real cork, the stock muffler is fine

ill let ya know what i find

Si4U2NV
03-06-2004, 12:53 PM
Off the topic K20A3Si-what is that in your avator? DAMN! thats all i have to say.

Word! Gimmie the link to that streaming video bro!!!

www.Katies-World.com

enjoy.

-Mike:smilem:

K20A3Si
03-06-2004, 03:30 PM
yea...it "was" a cool avatar...where it went? dont ask me...dosent show up anymore...i must have offended someone:rolleyes:

padelong si
03-06-2004, 04:01 PM
Originally posted by VividDreams
youre in luck!

i had an 01 EX coupe, with a DC TCS and i cant seem to sell it, so, this weekend, while im putting on my wheels, im going to taker some measurements and hold up the DC pieces to the stock exhaust. i looked at the stock set up the other day, and compared it to the DC system from memory.

the midpipe, i think will be a better fit than the rear section. you have to remember that the Si has a 1" longer wheelbase, BUT, is 10" shorter, overall, than the coupe.

looking at the rear section on the si, as soon as the pipe snakes its way through the rear suspension, it immediatly goes into the muffler, then the tips are only about 3-4 inches long at most. whereas on the coupe, the pipe comes through the rear suspension, has about an inch or two of straight pipe, then enters the muffler. the tailpipe out of the muffler is about 6-8 inches long and curves downward. overall, the rear section of the exhaust is longer than on the Si.

the DC system is similar to the stock coupe system.

i think that the midpipe will probably fit without much modding(if any). the rear section however, will prbably be too long. that kind of works out though because the midpipe is the only real cork, the stock muffler is fine

ill let ya know what i find

Cool thanks in advance.You rock:cool:

PeteSan3
03-06-2004, 04:07 PM
Originally posted by K20A3Si
yea...it "was" a cool avatar...where it went? dont ask me...dosent show up anymore...i must have offended someone:rolleyes:

Thats lame, some people are just a little too up tight.

VividDreams
03-07-2004, 02:42 PM
well, i today, i took a measuring tape and measured the DC Sports exhaust's overall length. the mid pipe was about 74.5 inches, and the rear section was 45 inches.

then it was out to the car. i jacked up the right rear and measured the rear section of the Si exhaust. 33" for the rear section. wow, that was a lot more of a difference than i thought. now, i took the mid pipe and laid it on the ground underneath the stock system, i lined up the flange that bolts to the cat with the same spot on the EP. i then went and looked at how off the other end was. that was off by a good 5-6 inches.

the reason for this i believe is that on the coupe/sedan, the engine rotoates the opposite way, with the exhaust ports, and thus the exhaust manifold, on the "front" side of the engine bay.

on the EP, the K series engine rotates the opposite way, with the exhaust ports and thus the exhaust manifold, on the rear side of the engine bay.

this makes the cat sit the width of the engine back farther under the car.

for reference, on the coupe/sedan EX it sits about under the firewall or maybe a few inches forward. whereas on the ep, it sits a few inches forward of the cup holder area under the car.

in conclusion, I believe that you could use the EX system's mid pipe, but you'd have to have a few inches cut out of the DC mid pipe.

btw, the stock ep midpipe is about 1 3/4 inches o.d. seems a little tiny to me.

anyway, the rear section, will definitly NOT work, but, who didnt see that coming...

hope that helps!

SpoonEP3
03-07-2004, 02:50 PM
just take it to a muffler shop...:cool: