PDA

View Full Version : Where can I get a Mugen wing?

ep3minivan
03-05-2004, 04:23 PM
I called King today to order the Mugen wing and to nooones' suprise it is not in stock. They told me to call back in one month. So, does anyone know where else I can pick up an authentic Mugen wing?

Peking
03-05-2004, 11:35 PM
Originally posted by ep3minivan
I called King today to order the Mugen wing and to nooones' suprise it is not in stock. They told me to call back in one month. So, does anyone know where else I can pick up an authentic Mugen wing?

Folk you got the money for the real Mugen wing :cool: Damn... why don't you save some cash and get a replica from either Showstoppers (VIS) or AFS Motorsports (Seibon)?

ep3minivan
03-06-2004, 07:12 AM
Originally posted by Peking
Folk you got the money for the real Mugen wing :cool: Damn... why don't you save some cash and get a replica from either Showstoppers (VIS) or AFS Motorsports (Seibon)?

The last time I bought a replica (Renova) I was unhappy with the quality. I know if I buy a authentic Mugen it will fit right and be made from quality fiberglass. Also, I have read that the replica's adjustment leaks and rattles.

Peking
03-06-2004, 09:32 AM
The last time I bought a replica (Renova) I was unhappy with the quality. I know if I buy a authentic Mugen it will fit right and be made from quality fiberglass. Also, I have read that the replica's adjustment leaks and rattles.

Yeah water is gathered inside, only alittle though. And it will rattle if you don't use something to buffer the wing from the window.

BISDAK-R
03-06-2004, 03:04 PM
for anything call SHOWSTOPPERS.

Mugen_EP
03-06-2004, 04:27 PM

Just in case you are not aware even the real Mugen wing needs to be modified since it is for the JDM spec EP.

-Tony

tcostello3
03-06-2004, 04:30 PM
Originally posted by Mugen_EP
Just in case you are not aware even the real Mugen wing needs to be modified since it is for the JDM spec EP.

-Tony

They have one for the USDM ep now that's why everyone's waiting a month.

Civicvtec1ps
03-06-2004, 06:48 PM
Originally posted by tcostello3
They have one for the USDM ep now that's why everyone's waiting a month.
No they don't..

tcostello3
03-06-2004, 11:21 PM
O.K.! The Mugen guy on SpeedChannel must have not known what he was talking about.

ep3minivan
03-06-2004, 11:33 PM
Originally posted by Mugen_EP
Just in case you are not aware even the real Mugen wing needs to be modified since it is for the JDM spec EP.-Tony

Yeah, but the modification is not too big of a deal since it is not seen when the wing is mounted. Besides it looks sick on your car and one of my best friends is a body man, so modding the wing is the easy part. I ordered one from Island Motorsport today. They gave me a good price, so I will just have to wait it out.