PDA

View Full Version : invisible car bra...?

ep3si02
03-06-2004, 11:34 AM
i'm wondering about getting a small piece of the clear film and putting it on my usdm ctr lip(front) since it chips real easy and on black you could notice it alot. anyone gotten this clear bra yet or do you think it will help the chipping?

Me ep3
03-06-2004, 12:44 PM
The 3M film should work good for anything on that ill get it for my hood.

WideBody EP3
03-14-2004, 09:05 PM
DO NOT BUY THAT FILM!!!!!!! It turns yellow over time, when you are installing it if you get a finger print on the adhesive there is no way to get it out, and it leaves that ugly line on your hood. I say this because i have been working on my car in the body shop and i have seen so many cars comein to get it removed

ep3si02
03-18-2004, 03:04 PM
Originally posted by WideBody EP3
DO NOT BUY THAT FILM!!!!!!! It turns yellow over time, when you are installing it if you get a finger print on the adhesive there is no way to get it out, and it leaves that ugly line on your hood. I say this because i have been working on my car in the body shop and i have seen so many cars comein to get it removed

alright thanks for the info...i guess i wont be trying it

Siman
03-28-2004, 04:27 PM
yeah, my dad just bought a new Infinity FX45, it came stock with that stuff.....looks yellow already and its only a month old!!!

we even wash it EVERY weekend....it also gets dirt around the edges and shows from a distance..:mad:

red03civic
04-09-2004, 12:14 AM
I too have seen that stuff, its cool, but I turned down using it before because of what everyone was talking about it gettin yellow and keeping dirt.

I was going to use it when I was taking a raod trip to Gatlinburg TN for the NOPI show a few years back. Ya know, to keep the bugs and chips off the car. Well, instead of using that, I used some saran wrap (sp).

To do this, just get you a bottle (spray bottle from home depot) and mist the front of your clean car. Have a friend help you stretch the wrap across what ever your wanting to protect and get a hard card (local body shop) to smooth it out. After your done with it just peal it off and reapply as needed. Not only is it better, in my oppinion, its cheaper as well.

Hope that helps.

Paul