PDA

View Full Version : best double side tape that is clear?

siver-SI
03-06-2004, 02:04 PM
I just came up with an idea for my idea of trying to get the grill-tech grill to work with OEM fog lights. The problem is to try it out I would need get get some very strong double side tape that is clear. What is the best tape out there for the outside of your car that is clear? Most of the clear that I have looked at can not take the harsh condishions outside. I do not want it to dammage the the plasic if I have to take it off too. I am most of all just wondering what would you recomend for this job? I am looking at making it so that the grill would have to be taped to the fog light housing.

STP03BlueSI
03-06-2004, 02:26 PM
I think 3M makes something. Linky...Sorry so many just pick one (http://www3.3m.com/search/ww/en001/keywordsearch.do?searchValue=Double+sided+tape&filters=ca%2F1%2Fcat%2FProductWeb&filters=ca%2F1%2Fcat%2F3M) :D

BTW. I dont think the OEM lights would work with the grill tech.

siver-SI
03-06-2004, 02:40 PM
Originally posted by STP03BlueSI
I think 3M makes something. Linky...Sorry so many just pick one (http://www3.3m.com/search/ww/en001/keywordsearch.do?searchValue=Double+sided+tape&filters=ca%2F1%2Fcat%2FProductWeb&filters=ca%2F1%2Fcat%2F3M) :D

BTW. I dont think the OEM lights would work with the grill tech.

I am working with two options right now. I can make a spacer that will alow the grill-tech grill to be flush with the back grill. What else I am thinking is that to cut the grill to just fit in that small grill area. My condenser is getting dinged up bad so I want to install it to protect it. Got the grill used so I am not losing much money doing the R&D to play with it.

mkhutch
03-06-2004, 05:25 PM
The best tape is a 3M product called VHB which stands for very high bond. Its is clear and is incredibly strong. I use it all the time for various projects etc. Good luck with the project. I have the fog lights also and was trying to think of some way to get one of the aftermarket grills to work.