PDA

View Full Version : Mugen Aero Kit

SiR_YO
03-06-2004, 09:26 PM
I'm planning on getting the entire kit, but have some concerns/questions at the same time. No replica's for me, as I'm gonna be placing my order to Japan soon. So what exaclty is required for this kit?

JDM CTR Front Bumper
JDM CTR Sides
JDM CTR Rear Bumper

Mugen Front Lip
Mugen Rear Lip
Mugen Grill
Mugen Radiator Duct Kit (what exactly is this? and how's it look different if you don't have it on?)

I'm gonna get some other CF HOOD, and WING (probs not the mugen one)

I wanted to know if anyone has done the entire JDM Mugen Aero Kit to their EP3, and what modifications (if any) are needed. The CTR kit comes painted? does the Mugen as well?

SiR_d1
03-06-2004, 09:43 PM
if you're getting a good deal on the kit can you include me as well:angel: Im planing on ordering just the CTR sideskirts from showstoppers next month but if can get a good deal on the whole kit (not including the Mugen part) can you let me know

heihei0330
03-06-2004, 11:08 PM
Originally posted by SiR_d1
if you're getting a good deal on the kit can you include me as well:angel: Im planing on ordering just the CTR sideskirts from showstoppers next month but if can get a good deal on the whole kit (not including the Mugen part) can you let me know

I thought someone's broke.:D

SiR_d1
03-06-2004, 11:47 PM
Originally posted by heihei0330
I thought someone's broke.:D

well if its a good deal I can't pass it up but If I'm only gonna be saving a few hundred dollars than I can wait.

Also, my birthday is coming up so I won't be broke in a couple of months

Type X
03-07-2004, 06:51 AM
u need

jdm ctr rear bumper
jdm ctr rear lip
jdm ctr sideskirts
jdm ctr front bumper
jdm mugen front lip
jdm mugen front grill
jdm mugen cf plate insert
jdm mugen cf hood
jdm mugen wing

for the real deal happy mean

mugen parts = fiberglass
the jdm parts come painted
BUT certain colors don't match

blacks i believe do
but whites are different etc etc

ep3minivan
03-07-2004, 09:28 AM
You should plan on waiting a couple of months for the Mugen parts. I talked to King Motorsports on thursday and the are pretty much out of any ep3 aero parts. They told me to call back in April since that is the first chance of any coming in. I also talked to R&D Motorsports, which told me that Mugen is really behind getting parts into the states. They said some of the parts they ordered in November, through King Motorsports, still has not come in. So, if you find some Mugen parts in stock somewhere you should pick it up while you can.

SiR_YO
03-07-2004, 02:41 PM
Originally posted by SiR_d1

well I have a shop here in Mississauga, and we have a few contacts in Japan, so I know I will be getting a good deal :D (but still expensive), I'd like to actually have our shop affiliated with EPHATCH, but I'm not sure who to talk to.. I mainly only want to deal with GTA peeps.. but I know Speedstar already does, and I don't want to invade their territory in any way... if you remember I had a Rota special in the Ontario forum, but I guess it got taken down for various reasons... but I can try and do something if you're serious about the CTR sides

SiR_YO
03-07-2004, 02:47 PM
Originally posted by Type X
u need

jdm ctr rear bumper
jdm ctr rear lip
jdm ctr sideskirts
jdm ctr front bumper
jdm mugen front lip
jdm mugen front grill
jdm mugen cf plate insert
jdm mugen cf hood
jdm mugen wing

for the real deal happy mean

mugen parts = fiberglass
the jdm parts come painted
BUT certain colors don't match

blacks i believe do
but whites are different etc etc

oh, so Mugen doesn't have their own rear lip? like the car on Kingmotorsports is just the rear CTR BUMPER/LIP?

what is the CF Plate insert?

so all those pieces you listed are painted? my car is the nighthawkblack... so I'm assuming they'll all be painted, I heard though that the JDM Nighthawk black was different from the USDM one??

any modding necessary though? like having to cut anything from the JDM CTR bumper to fit the Mugen Lip?

SiR_YO
03-07-2004, 02:48 PM
Originally posted by ep3minivan
You should plan on waiting a couple of months for the Mugen parts. I talked to King Motorsports on thursday and the are pretty much out of any ep3 aero parts. They told me to call back in April since that is the first chance of any coming in. I also talked to R&D Motorsports, which told me that Mugen is really behind getting parts into the states. They said some of the parts they ordered in November, through King Motorsports, still has not come in. So, if you find some Mugen parts in stock somewhere you should pick it up while you can.

I'll be ordering direct from Japan, so I'm hoping I won't have to wait too long

Type X
03-07-2004, 02:50 PM
Originally posted by SiR_YO
oh, so Mugen doesn't have their own rear lip? like the car on Kingmotorsports is just the rear CTR BUMPER/LIP?

what is the CF Plate insert?

so all those pieces you listed are painted? my car is the nighthawkblack... so I'm assuming they'll all be painted, I heard though that the JDM Nighthawk black was different from the USDM one??

any modding necessary though? like having to cut anything from the JDM CTR bumper to fit the Mugen Lip?

Mugen doesn have a "rear lip"
the king car has the CTR rear lip

cf plate insert is used with the airbox for forced air type of deal
fills up the huge euro plate spot on the jdm bumpers

i have white so i dunno about the black
u would have to contact someone who has a black ctr kit

modding
your bumper supports need to be removed and/or replaced with JDM ones
the usdm ones dont fit under jdm bumpesr
also if your getting the Mugen lip with a CTR bump
cutting of the bumper is involved

Enjoy!

SiR_YO
03-07-2004, 03:24 PM
Originally posted by Type X
Mugen doesn have a "rear lip"
the king car has the CTR rear lip

cf plate insert is used with the airbox for forced air type of deal
fills up the huge euro plate spot on the jdm bumpers

i have white so i dunno about the black
u would have to contact someone who has a black ctr kit

modding
your bumper supports need to be removed and/or replaced with JDM ones
the usdm ones dont fit under jdm bumpesr
also if your getting the Mugen lip with a CTR bump
cutting of the bumper is involved

Enjoy!

that cf plate insert is not the same thing as that rad duct kit on Kings is it?

damn.. I don't like the idea of cutting the CTR Bumper to fit the Mugen lip... but I guess I really don't have a choice eh, so all I'll need is the JDM Re-bar and I should be set then.

SiR_d1
03-07-2004, 03:40 PM
well I have a shop here in Mississauga, and we have a few contacts in Japan, so I know I will be getting a good deal :D (but still expensive), I'd like to actually have our shop affiliated with EPHATCH, but I'm not sure who to talk to.. I mainly only want to deal with GTA peeps.. but I know Speedstar already does, and I don't want to invade their territory in any way... if you remember I had a Rota special in the Ontario forum, but I guess it got taken down for various reasons... but I can try and do something if you're serious about the CTR sides

yeah im totally serious about the skirts, I was gonna get them regardless if I got a deal or not

reszmeth
03-07-2004, 04:36 PM
[IMG]http://image1.lightbox7.com/ronn/2.JPG[/[IMG]

i have the whole ctr kit and mugen front and mugen grill for the mugen lip to fit the bumper you have to cut 2 6X6 squares in the bumper so that it fits. the suares are made so that the lip foglight placements can fit the grill is that you have to just take off the clips on top and put it on with tape backing the skirts ir you want drill holes on the side of your car casuse its held by clips and the back its just screw in the front and back reinforcement bar have to come off before putting jdm bumpers on and you should consider getting the jdm reinforcemnet bar

ok done haha that took a long time j/k if you got any questions pm me ohh yah that radiator duct is made out of cf and retailin for 350 :(

check out my thread xxxautmnsend
cya

reszmeth
03-07-2004, 04:37 PM
http://image1.lightbox7.com/ronn/1.JPG

SiR_YO
03-07-2004, 04:49 PM
Originally posted by xXxAutumnsEnd
[IMG]http://image1.lightbox7.com/ronn/2.JPG[/[IMG]

i have the whole ctr kit and mugen front and mugen grill for the mugen lip to fit the bumper you have to cut 2 6X6 squares in the bumper so that it fits. the suares are made so that the lip foglight placements can fit the grill is that you have to just take off the clips on top and put it on with tape backing the skirts ir you want drill holes on the side of your car casuse its held by clips and the back its just screw in the front and back reinforcement bar have to come off before putting jdm bumpers on and you should consider getting the jdm reinforcemnet bar

ok done haha that took a long time j/k if you got any questions pm me ohh yah that radiator duct is made out of cf and retailin for 350 :(

check out my thread xxxautmnsend
cya

you don't like using punctuation do you?? lol I think I understand what you're saying.. so in that picture you posted you don't have the rad duct kit right? I guess it's not really NEEDED?? so you got JDM re-bars for the FRONT AND BACK?

also, the JDM kit comes painted correct? any matching problems? or is the colour like exactly the same?

SiR_d1
03-07-2004, 04:50 PM
you don't like using punctuation do you?? lol I think I understand what you're saying.. so in that picture you posted you don't have the rad duct kit right? I guess it's not really NEEDED?? so you got JDM re-bars for the FRONT AND BACK?

also, the JDM kit comes painted correct? any matching problems? or is the colour like exactly the same?

if its black then its a dead match

reason why I got a black car:D

heihei0330
03-07-2004, 08:27 PM
I'll be ordering direct from Japan, so I'm hoping I won't have to wait too long

Can i tag along for a mugen grille if you can get a good deal????? Living in GTA. Pm or reply here, thx SIR_YO.

Terence

SiR_YO
03-08-2004, 12:19 AM
Originally posted by heihei0330
Can i tag along for a mugen grille if you can get a good deal????? Living in GTA. Pm or reply here, thx SIR_YO.

Terence

np, I'll try and get a quote ASAP for the grill and the sides for SiR_d1, and we'll go from there.. I'm looking to get everything shipped over by end of May latest, but with shipping oversea's it's hard to say, also with what people are saying with Mugen taking their sweet ass time etc......

heihei0330
03-08-2004, 09:22 AM
np, I'll try and get a quote ASAP for the grill and the sides for SiR_d1, and we'll go from there.. I'm looking to get everything shipped over by end of May latest, but with shipping oversea's it's hard to say, also with what people are saying with Mugen taking their sweet ass time etc......

Do let me know the price. Just pm me, thx in advance.

Terence

ep3minivan
03-08-2004, 10:00 AM

Let me know too. I am looking for a Mugen wing asap. Also, if you can get a CTR front bumper, lip, rear bumper, and lip let me know on the price of that too.
Thanks

ImportCustomx
03-08-2004, 10:09 AM
I dont mean to shy off topic a lil..But wat are we talkin for prices for the full jdm mugen kit u guys are talking about...Like $2,000 or 800?? Im just curious cuase i may want to look into that..cuase i want a lip kit type deal not a body kit.thanks
sorry im so Noob-e-rific just bought my ep3 2 weekends ago

beansbear
03-08-2004, 10:12 AM
putting the mugen front lip on is a pain in the arse. Be very very careful when cutting the holes for the brake ducts. It took my over 4.5 hours to cut the holes and get the intercooler to fit into the bumper. In the end i accidentally slashed my finger doing it with the utility knife but oh well. The things you do for your car. It was well worth it though.

The radiator duct will need to be cut into the bumper as well. I plan on getting this in the future minus the air guide because I have no front reinforcement because there isnt any room with the intercooler.

Overall the bumper and lip make a big difference when driving. because almost everything mugen makes is wind tunnel tested you can be assured that the lip will be performance oriented and not just for looks. Very functional.

The bumper doesnt come with the licence plate holder so you may want to get that as well. i'm still looking for a set.

SiR_d1
03-08-2004, 02:02 PM

thanks man,

just let me know how much when you find out

SiR_YO
03-08-2004, 11:27 PM
Let me know too. I am looking for a Mugen wing asap. Also, if you can get a CTR front bumper, lip, rear bumper, and lip let me know on the price of that too.
Thanks

the real deal Mugen wing?? it'll be pricy, just look at kings, they charge and arm and a leg, I won't be able to get it THAT much cheaper, but I'll find out nonetheless

so basically you want the mugen wing, and the JDM CTR kit minus the sides?

SiR_YO
03-08-2004, 11:29 PM
Originally posted by ImportCustomx
I dont mean to shy off topic a lil..But wat are we talkin for prices for the full jdm mugen kit u guys are talking about...Like $2,000 or 800?? Im just curious cuase i may want to look into that..cuase i want a lip kit type deal not a body kit.thanks
sorry im so Noob-e-rific just bought my ep3 2 weekends ago

you'll need the JDM CTR Front Bumper/Rear Bumper for the Mugen lip.. actually the rears are still the CTR lip.. and yes, be prepared to spend $2000 for everything (if you want the real thing)....

SiR_d1, heihei0330 I'll letcha guy's know as soon as I get word

ep3minivan
03-09-2004, 03:56 PM
the real deal Mugen wing?? it'll be pricy, just look at kings, they charge and arm and a leg, I won't be able to get it THAT much cheaper, but I'll find out nonetheless

so basically you want the mugen wing, and the JDM CTR kit minus the sides?

I already have the sideskirts. I am going to finish it off with the rest of the CTR kit and the Mugen wing

rel0aded
03-09-2004, 08:04 PM
you'll need the JDM CTR Front Bumper/Rear Bumper for the Mugen lip.. actually the rears are still the CTR lip.. and yes, be prepared to spend $2000 for everything (if you want the real thing)....

SiR_d1, heihei0330 I'll letcha guy's know as soon as I get word

if ya could pm the price of the mugen grill too, would be greatly appricated :D

SiR_YO
03-20-2004, 09:00 PM
Thanks

your PM box is full dude

ep3minivan
03-20-2004, 10:24 PM
your PM box is full dude

It should not be. I just checked and it was totally empty. I already have the wing on the way, but I am still shopping for the front and rear.

SiR_YO
03-20-2004, 10:34 PM
just tried sending it again and it's full.. maybe you have "saved sent" messages you don't know about?

03silverEP
03-24-2004, 08:48 AM
buy from that FIZZ guy and save some grip, he's got the whole thing for sale including the cf mugen rad. duct