PDA

View Full Version : The infamous creaking sound

Gearhead Geek
03-07-2004, 07:43 AM
Ok, so I lowered my car on Sportlines, had them on for ~200 miles now, and yesterday, I began getting that good old creaking sound. Now, I know what's causing it (the fact that the tierods are sitting at about a 45 degree angle to the steering rack, as compared to being parallel like stock), and I'm not worried about it doing any damage, nor does it bother me too much, but, I figure I might as well ask...did anyone ever come up with a solution to it? I had seen numerous posts about it a month ago, and followed them all pretty closely, but, to the best of my knowledge no one came up with a solution. So, has anyone figured it out? Perhaps a bracket to reposition the tierods up a little bit higher or something?

jaydub
03-07-2004, 11:13 AM
http://www.rsx-tuners.com/

They sell a "bump steer kit" which relocates the tie rod end from the top of the steering arm to the bottom of it. I don't believe anybody has purchased it from here yet though.

siver-SI
03-07-2004, 12:20 PM
Originally posted by jaydub
http://www.rsx-tuners.com/

They sell a "bump steer kit" which relocates the tie rod end from the top of the steering arm to the bottom of it. I don't believe anybody has purchased it from here yet though.

I am trying to contact them to see if they will work with are car and how much. I am going to lower my car in a few weeks so if they are the right price I may be the first if I have the cash.

jaydub
03-07-2004, 08:24 PM
Originally posted by siver-SI
I am trying to contact them to see if they will work with are car and how much. I am going to lower my car in a few weeks so if they are the right price I may be the first if I have the cash.
I had done that previously and their answer was "as far as we know, it should work." They did not reply concerning price, however.

siver-SI
03-07-2004, 08:35 PM
Originally posted by jaydub
I had done that previously and their answer was "as far as we know, it should work." They did not reply concerning price, however.

I will try and see what their return policy is and price is and go from there. If I can take the bump steer problem out that would be great. That is one thing that I like about are EP is that it does not have much of it at all stock.

Gearhead Geek
03-07-2004, 08:47 PM
Awesome guys, thanks, I'll have to pick up one of those kits and try it out.

Eee Pee
03-08-2004, 04:30 PM
Great picture of the bump steer kit....:p

jaydub
03-08-2004, 04:49 PM
Originally posted by Eee Pee
Great picture of the bump steer kit....:p
yeah no shit right? Nothing like showing the rear suspension on a part that goes on the front. :D

jaydub
03-10-2004, 04:35 PM
Ok I emailed them and got this response:

Only the prototype is finished. I will have pic's and pricing next month
John

----- Original Message -----
To: hitechexhst@earthlink.net
Sent: 3/10/04 11:57:35 AM
Subject: Bump steer kit pricing

Can you tell me the price of the bump steer kit, and might I also be able to get a pic of this? The pic on your website is of the rear suspension.

Thanks,
Jason

Gearhead Geek
03-10-2004, 11:42 PM
Hrm, interesting, I e-mailed them yesterday, and was told the kit wouldn't be available for another two months.

jaydub
03-11-2004, 09:26 AM
wow these guys seem to really be on top of things. :confused: