PDA

View Full Version : hondata

minileedxr
03-07-2004, 05:20 PM
i hear/read lots of people talking about a cheap way to increase horsepower with regards to "hondata." i was wondering what that is, where it goes, how it works, and where to buy it. please let me know what you know. i thank you all in advance.

ATRIOT
03-07-2004, 05:23 PM
Hondata is a reflash of your existing ECU.
You can read up on it on www.hondata.com

BlackSi613nin
03-07-2004, 06:44 PM
search for "Hondata" you will get millions of threads!
i just got mine a week ago, and i love it. it reflashes your stock ECU, changes the fuel maps, (and timeing?? i think) and increases your revlimiter to 7700 RPMS (stock = 6800 RPMS).

joHn

SpoonEP3
03-07-2004, 06:50 PM
by far the best n/a mod for a k20a3... at least until shunk2 cams comes out, but hondata ecu would still be the best for the buck...

kidXStreme
03-10-2004, 10:22 PM
so skunk2 cams are still in the making???....i read some post stating that they abandon the project...

JacksNeed4Speed
03-17-2004, 12:04 AM
now is there a way to have some very nice person that has already bought the hondata reflasher meet up with me and do my car or is it something you have to leave straped up underneath the dash? (cuz i dont feel like shellin out 600 bucks for the k20a3 hondata kit) if there's a cheap fix like that and you're up for it in the SoCal area hit me up on my PM or email... don't be scurd... lol

phatfreeza
03-17-2004, 01:04 AM
Originally posted by JacksNeed4Speed
now is there a way to have some very nice person that has already bought the hondata reflasher meet up with me and do my car or is it something you have to leave straped up underneath the dash? (cuz i dont feel like shellin out 600 bucks for the k20a3 hondata kit) if there's a cheap fix like that and you're up for it in the SoCal area hit me up on my PM or email... don't be scurd... lol

hahahaha... we can only wish :angel:

BlairSpeed
03-26-2004, 02:09 PM
He does bring up an interesting point though. Why hasnt someone made a device that could do that yet? Someone could make alot of $ reflashing ECU's.....

g_kristian80
03-26-2004, 02:26 PM
if the ecu is some sort of standard eeprom, than it does stand to reason that one could copy the hondata'd chip and simply reproduce the chip. the problems that i see would be matching your ecu with imobilizer and key...other than that i am not too sure why this wouldn't work. seems a bit too simple though. im sure that there is something i am not thinking about.

myeverlovinsir
04-10-2004, 09:22 PM
If you know what the chip is then the rest is easy, or so it would seem. Hondata has done the dirty work in discovering the ins/outs of this chip, the rest is history. I have dabbled in MC and assembly language programming, and the front end that Hondata has now is about as close to the code as you want to be!;)