PDA

View Full Version : Honda Powered Saturn VUE Redline

Aaron 02 Si
03-07-2004, 06:33 PM
The subject says it all. But, does anyone know if they will be powered by K series?

shimmy_yaz
03-07-2004, 06:37 PM
the title doesn't say it all. No clue what you are talking about give us a link or atleast a few more clues to go on here

Aaron 02 Si
03-07-2004, 06:39 PM
ok, if you haven't heard, The new Saturn Redlines (VUE and ION) will have honda powered motors. I am wondering if they are going to be K series or not.
The article was in the USA Today last week, i also found it here:
http://www.suntimes.com/output/auto/car-news-car07.html

anjapower
03-07-2004, 06:40 PM
no dude, they have a 3.5L Honda V6. No 4bangers.

Aaron 02 Si
03-07-2004, 06:43 PM
I think it sucks that Saturn is desperate for the attention of the youth "racing" audience. They would stoop so low as to getting Honda builit engines. But, on the otherhand, the Saturn ION Redline can kill the Si.

shimmy_yaz
03-07-2004, 06:47 PM
ahh ok kool i had never even heard of the redlind edition then again i dont really pay any attention to saturn

2.0L Monster
03-07-2004, 06:49 PM
GM isn't just buying Honda engines. GM and Honda have a engine trading agreement. So something Honda builds will have a GM engine in it.

anjapower
03-07-2004, 06:53 PM
Originally posted by Aaron 02 Si
I think it sucks that Saturn is desperate for the attention of the youth "racing" audience. They would stoop so low as to getting Honda builit engines. But, on the otherhand, the Saturn ION Redline can kill the Si.

I think you're misunderstanding. GM knows that they can't build as good of a V6 as honda for the price, why spend money on R&D, etc when they can just outsource....btw, Ford is also rumored to be in talks with Honda to buy their engines.

I don't know how true this is but I believe I had read that Honda would be using GM/Isuzu diesels in their vehicles later on...

Aaron 02 Si
03-07-2004, 06:53 PM
man, how nice would it be to have an S2000 powered by a Corvette engine? I don't even think that the Vette engine would even fit into the engine bay, but, it's still a thought.

shimmy_yaz
03-07-2004, 06:58 PM
why would u wanna ruin a perfectly good S2 :D

Aaron 02 Si
03-07-2004, 07:03 PM
why would a C5 engine "ruin" an S2K?

Loudpedal
03-07-2004, 07:44 PM
Originally posted by anjapower

I don't know how true this is but I believe I had read that Honda would be using GM/Isuzu diesels in their vehicles later on...

I'm looking forward to a diesel powered Element :winkm:

nosnorb_808
03-07-2004, 08:44 PM
i heard honda had a agreement with gm to produce a honda truck with a gm engine but not the other way around...

Brettnyt
03-07-2004, 09:07 PM

Why would greddy evo exhaust ruin a dodge viper? Dont mix impot with domestic...

Stoop
03-07-2004, 09:12 PM
Originally posted by nosnorb_808
i heard honda had a agreement with gm to produce a honda truck with a gm engine but not the other way around...

This is correct. Honda plans to use GM's engine in their truck since Honda doesn't currently provide an 8-cylinder engine in any of their cars.

*EDIT*
The truck is supposed to come out originally with a 6-cylinder engine, but in a couple of years Honda plans to offer an 8-cylinder which is where the GM engine comes in.

EP3racer
03-07-2004, 09:12 PM

Also, the S2000 is famous for it's powerfull 2.0 NA-high-reving motor. If u that out,that doesn't leave much. It everything Honda is against-big powerfull engine that is not fuel eficienct.

Stoop
03-07-2004, 09:17 PM
Originally posted by EP3racer
Also, the S2000 is famous for it's powerfull 2.0 NA-high-reving motor. If u that out,that doesn't leave much. It everything Honda is against-big powerfull engine that is not fuel eficienct.

Which is why they'll use GM's engine in their truck. That way they can offer an 8-cylinder truck until they can design their own which is more fuel effecient/environment friendly. Kind of the same thing Honda did with the Passport - They wanted to offer a full-sized SUV until they designed their own AKA the Honda Pilot.;)

redronin22
03-07-2004, 11:14 PM
Originally posted by EP3racer

vette gets better gas mileage then a s2k on the freeway.

kidXStreme
03-08-2004, 05:17 AM
i think saturns suckkkkkk------they'll never be a honda....neverrrrrrrr no matter if they have a honda engine.

STP03BlueSI
03-08-2004, 06:15 AM
I guess this is my time to chime in. I work for Saturn. The Saturn Redline is just a different style for the VUE and the ION. The Vue Redline has 18in wheels, painted front and rear bumpers, and aggressive springs.

The Redline Ion comes with All-disk brakes, GM supercharger, 17in rims, recaro seats, and agressive body kit.

Now for the engine, that is something Saturn did. It is actually a better engine than the V6 that is made by Saturn.

Chris

Stoop
03-08-2004, 08:44 AM
Originally posted by STP03BlueSI
I guess this is my time to chime in. I work for Saturn.

........that's gotta hurt.:(

I work for Honda.....:D

Just flippin' you some crap, Chris. It's all good.:cool:

anjapower
03-08-2004, 09:26 AM
Originally posted by STP03BlueSI

Now for the engine, that is something Saturn did. It is actually a better engine than the V6 that is made by Saturn.

What are you talking about? I doubt Saturn can make decisions like that on its own.

STP03BlueSI
03-08-2004, 09:56 AM
Originally posted by StoopSi
........that's gotta hurt.:(

I work for Honda.....:D

Just flippin' you some crap, Chris. It's all good.:cool:

Yea it hurts as much as our dent resistance panels...;) OH wait 2005 those will be gone.:confused:

But then again I do have a degree in Saturn Parts...which does me no good on my honda.

Originally posted by anjapower
What are you talking about? I doubt Saturn can make decisions like that on its own.

GM backed them up on this. But Saturn was lookin for a faster engine.

Mugen Power
03-08-2004, 10:21 AM
Originally posted by redronin22
vette gets better gas mileage then a s2k on the freeway.

I'm not sure how much the Vette motor weighs but I'm assuming it's more than the F20/F22. If that's the case, the balance of the car would be ruined, hence, you would ruin a perfectly good S2000. :D

Chinaboy
03-08-2004, 01:51 PM

it wouldn't be able to turn buddy... turning is the best capibility of a S2K... so faster does not mean better...

best said by actor nicholas cage, "speed is a by product" so if you can't turn with shit, then the car wouldn't be too great on the track now would it... making it slow.

D16Y8_Turbo
03-08-2004, 02:27 PM
As said before, the agreement between Honda and GM was a trade in engine information. Honda gave GM V6 info and GM gave Honda information on turdo diesel and V8's.

Honda is the biggest engine manufacturer in the world. Honda builds over 10 million motors a year. Just so you know.