PDA

View Full Version : 2 all those that tightened the ebrake

AzN Si GuY
03-07-2004, 10:35 PM
I just tightened my ebrake earlier today. I don't know how many times I tightened the 12 mm nut (i don't know what to call it, it's a nut right?) anyways i tightened it while the ebrake was up, and it sat about 75 degrees or more, after i tightened it, putting it all the way up it sits about 45 degrees.

I like it, I don't have to pull it way to high to get maximum ebrakeness. Out of curiosity, those that tightened the ebrake at what degree does your ebrake sit at when you pull it all the way up.

glw
03-07-2004, 11:23 PM
it'll probably drag when you drive... if it does you'll smell it...

kidXStreme
03-08-2004, 12:25 AM
i think you should loosen it a bit...mines at 60 degrees didnt want to tighten too much..but its your choice...

BlasTech
03-08-2004, 12:32 AM
Originally posted by AzN Si GuY
...maximum ebrakeness...

NICE! :D

AzN Si GuY
03-08-2004, 01:05 AM
to GLW: I'm not sure what you mean. If you mean that my ebrake will be on even though ebrake is down. I've already driven around after I tightened it, everything was fine. But if it's something else, go ahead and tell me.

to kidXStreme: Yeah that's why I created this post, hoping that i didn't adjust it to tight. Even though everything seemed alright after driving it. I hope the amount i tightened it at won't harm the ebrake or something crazy like that.

to BlasTech: hahah Thanks! :D

glw
03-08-2004, 07:58 AM
Originally posted by AzN Si GuY
to GLW: I'm not sure what you mean. If you mean that my ebrake will be on even though ebrake is down. I've already driven around after I tightened it, everything was fine. But if it's something else, go ahead and tell me.

exactly what i meant. glad to hear all is well.

ADAMnQuickCIVIC
03-08-2004, 08:03 AM
Was it just me or did you have to turn the damn nut like a billion times for it to do anything?

!@#$%
03-08-2004, 11:10 AM
Originally posted by ADAMnQuickCIVIC
Was it just me or did you have to turn the damn nut like a billion times for it to do anything?

yep, pretty much. I made sure the ebrake was down while i was tightening. It took quite a few turns and no burning of the brakes for me.

Mugen_EP
03-08-2004, 11:47 AM
Originally posted by US_Si
Where's the nut?

Steve

SEARCH OWNES JOO!!

http://ephatch.com/forum/showthread.php?threadid=24425&highlight=tighten+ebrake

:D :D :p

-Tony

sonic imperial
03-08-2004, 02:43 PM
i had the honda tech adjust mine at the last service interval. he said 6 clicks was what the guidebook told them to use.

STP03BlueSI
03-08-2004, 02:57 PM
Mine goes to 90 deg...is that a good thing?

lmao

chris