PDA

View Full Version : Reseting ECU

liljosh63
03-08-2004, 10:17 AM
I have searched this whole site and i cant seem to find how to reset my ECU.

Anyone help?

labelhunter
03-08-2004, 10:58 AM
Just take off the negative batt terminal for like 10 mins. Reconnect it ,then start the car and let it idle for 10 mins.

03EP3Si
03-08-2004, 11:00 AM
OK! if you lift up the fuse box cover under your hood. on the back of that cover youll see the diagram. if you look 2 slots to the right from the Fuse Tool, you should see a 15 Fuse, its in the middle. And if you look at the Diagram youll see that for that Fuse it will say ECU! just take it out for like 10-15 seconds and your ECU will be reset. lemme know if that helped you out! UNO!

Tenacious G
03-08-2004, 12:23 PM
Originally posted by liljosh63
I have searched this whole site and i cant seem to find how to reset my ECU.

Anyone help?

that was a joke, right?

anjapower
03-08-2004, 12:24 PM
what 03EP3Si said but after pulling the fuse, you need to start up your car and hold it at 3k RPM in neutral for 5 minutes with radio, fan, etc off.

03EP3Si
03-08-2004, 01:36 PM
Really?? i never heard about, i know for a fact that if i just pulled the fuse, it would reset because i had a check engine light once. so i pulled that fuse, and it went away, obviously it came back but i know it reset it by just pulling the fuse.

03EP3Si
03-08-2004, 01:37 PM
What was a joke Tenacious?

kidXStreme
03-08-2004, 01:52 PM
Originally posted by labelhunter
Just take off the negative batt terminal for like 10 mins. Reconnect it ,then start the car and let it idle for 10 mins.

those this work also ^^^???

Tenacious G
03-08-2004, 01:58 PM
Originally posted by 03EP3Si
What was a joke Tenacious?

the fact that "searched" and couldn't find any posts on how to reset your ECU.

i know for a fact there a many many posts covering how to. i'm just thinking he didn't search or search hard enough.

it's just frustrating that the same topics are covered over and over and over again. we hope to eventually have a FAQ page that members *hopefully* will refer to for some of the simpler topics and won't feel the need to start a new thread ... therefore cluttering the forums.

EDIT: it's also important to remember, if you use the battery trick to reset the ECU, when letting the car idle, turn off the radio, unplug radar detectors, etc. and turn off the HVAC system.

anjapower
03-08-2004, 02:01 PM
Originally posted by 03EP3Si
Really?? i never heard about, i know for a fact that if i just pulled the fuse, it would reset because i had a check engine light once. so i pulled that fuse, and it went away, obviously it came back but i know it reset it by just pulling the fuse.

That's what is specified in the shop manual.