PDA

View Full Version : Should I buy clear side markers for my 04?

quincy04si
03-08-2004, 10:53 AM
I have a black 04 and am seriously thinking of buying the clear Revotec side markers that are always listed on ebay:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2464965301&category=33715&sspagename=STRK%3AMEBBI%3AIT

I think they would look pretty good with the new tail lights. On the other hand, I am worried that too much water will get inside and it will look cheap.

I already searched this site for info which gave me some info but I didn't find much feedback.

Anyone have any experience with this particular brand, or just any advice in general?

dj addicted
03-08-2004, 11:00 AM
I have a blue EP and a friend of mine has a black one and we both have the clear fronts.. both look really good.

!@#$%
03-08-2004, 11:11 AM
id say, buy them then paint them black. (assuming ur ep is black.)

Makross
03-08-2004, 11:17 AM
waste of money imo

quincy04si
03-08-2004, 11:18 AM
Originally posted by !@#$%
id say, buy them then paint them black. (assuming ur ep is black.)

I think that would look great too, but I want to keep it legal.

pLopSI
03-08-2004, 11:51 AM
Clears are so b-series. :D

513n179
03-08-2004, 11:52 AM
Originally posted by Makross
waste of money imo

I agree... I bought some clear bumper lights and I don't use them anymore. Just buy some amber side markers to replace your clear ones, it'll look way better than having clears, esp. on black.

STP03BlueSI
03-08-2004, 12:09 PM
what is it 20 for the front and 20 for the rear? well it depends if you want the look of clear or JDM:D

chris

quincy04si
03-08-2004, 12:18 PM
Originally posted by STP03BlueSI
what is it 20 for the front and 20 for the rear? well it depends if you want the look of clear or JDM:D

chris

Yeah, with shipping and everything, it comes out to about $20 each set.

Chinaboy
03-08-2004, 01:41 PM
what is the deal?

EDM is clear bumper markers right? and amber side markers

USDM is red/amber bumper markers and clear side markers

JDM is no bumper markers and Amber side markers right?

I rather the JDM look... but then we have to get new bumpers by modifying... then in california.. the cops come after us cuz it is not legal... damn car laws.

Civicvtec1ps
03-08-2004, 01:59 PM
I had them.
Stock amber bumper markers looks better.

phatfreeza
03-08-2004, 02:16 PM
Originally posted by 513n179
I agree... I bought some clear bumper lights and I don't use them anymore. Just buy some amber side markers to replace your clear ones, it'll look way better than having clears, esp. on black.

i have them on my car and i'm regretting buying them... i would have rather spent it on the amber sidemarkers... JDM baby!!!

513n179
03-08-2004, 02:52 PM
Originally posted by Chinaboy
what is the deal?

EDM is clear bumper markers right? and amber side markers

USDM is red/amber bumper markers and clear side markers

JDM is no bumper markers and Amber side markers right?

I rather the JDM look... but then we have to get new bumpers by modifying... then in california.. the cops come after us cuz it is not legal... damn car laws.

i doubt you'd get pulled over for not having bumper lights, cuz a lot of cars don't have them... As for JDM, the civic type r does not have side markers, but the integra type r does. the cops will get you if you bring a lot of attention to your car (blue lights, white lights, extra lights...).

Chinaboy
03-08-2004, 03:24 PM
Originally posted by 513n179
i doubt you'd get pulled over for not having bumper lights, cuz a lot of cars don't have them... As for JDM, the civic type r does not have side markers, but the integra type r does. the cops will get you if you bring a lot of attention to your car (blue lights, white lights, extra lights...).

coo... yeah but somewhwre in the book, from cars starting from 199X year, there was a law concerning the bumper markers.... i donno i might be making shit up from what I heard but yeah...

either way, SIDEMARKERS should be AMEBER... and then no bumper markers =D

ragebomb
03-08-2004, 03:32 PM
I would only buy them if you tint/smoke them black. White on a black EP looks kinda bad. I had them white for a day... eewww.