PDA

View Full Version : taillight removal

LiLxKeNnY
03-08-2004, 04:03 PM
how do i take out my tail light. the case is scratched and i am tryin to replace it. how do i take it out from da beginning being it is still attached to the bumper???

2k2_nbp_egg
03-08-2004, 07:59 PM
I just replaced mine a few weeks ago...

there's a few threads floating around, you really should search.

Anyway, remove the screw in the rear fender attaching the bumper to the rear quarter panel. Then pop the two circle tabs that are on the inside part of your hatch, but not all the way on the inside. It's right where the hatch closes on to, you'll see these two circular tabs. Pop em open and remove the bolts. It's pretty direct after that point, the taillight itself is held in by three tiny bolts that are visible when you pop the tab thats actually inside your hatch covering the rear of your taillightss. Oh yea, they are an enormous pain in the ass to get off. Just a warning. And I do mean an enormous pain in the ass :D

LiLxKeNnY
03-08-2004, 08:06 PM
goood ... i was just making sure i didnt have to do the whole baking my tail light in the oven thing haha

oogy-boogy
03-09-2004, 07:08 AM
LINK-OOooooooooooooooooo :D (http://www.ephatch.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=20621&highlight=tail+light+removal)

Actually, I had the opposite experience. It wasn't hard at all. I spent ~ 20 minutes taking my time. Just be sure to put a blanket down so you don't scratch up the bumper and have a friend help you put it back on.