PDA

View Full Version : exedy clutch, act flywheel installed

eggsi
03-08-2004, 06:48 PM
I got my car back about 4 hrs ago and just got home from driving it, well all i can say is that if you are planning on upgrading your clutch prepare to learn how to drive the car all over again. My exedy organic grips right away, its almost scary how soon, my stock one had to be almost all the way up to engage but this one grabs the milisecond you start to let off. i have stalled it about 15 times so far, 1st gear is the hardest to control, but you will get the hang of it.
Now the flywheel weighed in at right around 8lbs, the stock one was 15.5lbs, it free revs like crazy, this makes hondata a must.
I redline so must faster now. so overall i think that it is a pretty good set-up.:cool:

myeverlovinsir
03-08-2004, 06:57 PM
It's a great upgrade, but wondering what warranted it?

eggsi
03-08-2004, 08:00 PM
Originally posted by myeverlovinsir
It's a great upgrade, but wondering what warranted it?
Well my clutch was two steps out the door, i could barely drive it past 45, give it some gas and watch the tach fly:eek:
so i found out that there isn't a clutch kit exactly for the ep yet. so Rocky told me that i would have to get an dc5S flywheel and clutch, so about 1k broker it revs like a ninja (well kinda) it was well worth it and i really need Hondata now. anyone know where i can get the best deal on price+shipping? I have been talking to Payn since they are pretty close to me, but i guess that doesn't matter since my ecu and stuff has to go to cali anyway.

Tenacious G
03-08-2004, 08:22 PM
the price will be the same pretty much everywhere.

eggsi
03-08-2004, 08:34 PM
shit i figured, so who is the quickest or is this a dumb ? like i only want to be w/o my car for 2 days.
and do you have hondata, if so how do the extra revs feel? is it somewhat like actual vtec since the tach really starts to fly at around 5-6 on the ep i was wondering how quick it is to 7700

oogy-boogy
03-09-2004, 07:45 AM
Nice mod!

BTW, my Hondata was $595.00 with all shipping included through Kindleracing. I sent Jeramy the $$ by Paypal and I had all the UPS Labels e-mailed to me the same day I sent him payment. Sent the ECU out after work on a Wednesday (dropped it off at UPS) and had it back Friday morning at 9 am. :)

Makross
03-09-2004, 08:01 AM
i bet it rips!

eggsi
03-09-2004, 09:00 AM
its still feels weird driving it, i mean i was all used to the clutch slippin like a mofo for about 3-4 weeks and now its like a fucking race car to me. Put it in first,give it some gas, start and mean just start to let out the clutch and it throws you in your seat in you don't get it perfect. Its scary but also badass all at the same time. I thought i broke something the first time.

STP03BlueSI
03-09-2004, 09:53 AM
Originally posted by eggsi
its still feels weird driving it, i mean i was all used to the clutch slippin like a mofo for about 3-4 weeks and now its like a fucking race car to me. Put it in first,give it some gas, start and mean just start to let out the clutch and it throws you in your seat in you don't get it perfect. Its scary but also badass all at the same time. I thought i broke something the first time.

How many miles do you have to "break" the clutch in

03EP3Si
03-09-2004, 09:58 AM
Very nice! im hoping to get that soon, i just need alittle cash i spent all my cash on the body kit and my Fujitsubo exhaust. arg!! lol :)

eggsi
03-09-2004, 10:50 AM
I think you have to break it in for about 400-500 miles, but i have already got on it, just no burnouts or anything to extreme. Believe me when i say that it is very hard to drive normal with this set-up, it begs for hondata, which i am dealing with payn tech at the moment. can anyone back them, they sound good but i am just nervous of sending them almost $600 and i just heard of em a couple weeks ago.

SF-SI-02
03-09-2004, 01:46 PM
I will vlouch for Payn, those folks have been at this since I was an itch in my father's pants.

eggsi
03-09-2004, 03:00 PM
Originally posted by SF-SI-02
I will vlouch for Payn, those folks have been at this since I was an itch in my father's pants.
:D
thx they sound like some great guys, and i am surprised on how fast they respond to pm's unlike other vendors that must think they are too good to do business with me.;)

KeNnYtAkEr
03-13-2004, 04:14 PM
Hey Eggsi how much u pay for the fly & clutch?

DynaSpeed
03-13-2004, 05:03 PM

Well, not exactly, unless you're really young. Tom is only about 33. But, I can also vouch for Tom Payn, he's got a great shop, and he's easy to deal with.

!@#$%
03-13-2004, 05:37 PM
video please. I want to see some tach vids! :)

eggsi
03-14-2004, 08:50 PM
no digi cam sorry:'( only have money for mods and gas ;)

Siman
03-15-2004, 04:42 PM
how much did the whole shabang cost?;)

jdmpwr
03-15-2004, 05:10 PM
the three people/shops that I recommend are either www.payntechnologies.com or www.hondawerx.com or www.sfp.net those are the only two i would trust with handling customers like they should.

One word of advice chill on the clutch, I would break a clutch in like it was a daily driven car for about 500miles then after that beat the livin f**k out of it!!!!!

thats how most racers/car builders do it.

eggsi
03-15-2004, 05:28 PM
its so hard to just drive it normal, like stop and go with no heavy foot once and a while. I will admit that i have done some things so far that i wish i didn't but that is in the past.(No burnouts or something that extreme) I really need to get my es inserts installed but i am kinda afraid to do it myself. and local shops aren't that plentiful(ones i trust).