PDA

View Full Version : Header to use with Spoon N1 and T1R B-pipe ??

rswbrixton
03-08-2004, 06:58 PM
Okay fellow ephatchers !!

I have got the suspension details all ironed out, now , could some of you guys suggest some ideas as far as header is concerned.

Using T1R B-pipe , Spoon N1 axel back , and Aem V2 Intake . What header do you think would be best match in performance terms with the items noted above ? Best bang for the buck ? And of course header that would work with the T1R Bpipe and spoon axel back bolt for bolt , plug and play - no additional modification etc .

The fellow that posted the spoon n1 and t1r b-pipe sounds clips a couple weeks back , was he using an aftermarket header ?

rswbrixton
03-08-2004, 07:06 PM
To respond to my own question ......... initial research points to Comptech !

brian1g
03-08-2004, 09:07 PM
check out the jackson racing header, if you got the green it rules. if your on a budget id look at the hp header. from what i've heard most of the shorty headers only show minimal gains on the ep no matter what brand.

SiRman
03-09-2004, 12:20 AM
If your gonna spend the doe on the Jackson Race Header, I would spend a few more hundred and get the Spoon header, although there is a sway bar clearance issue with it.

Low Rider
03-09-2004, 04:21 AM
I'm using the Comptech... it was one of my first mods. Pretty
good gains at higher rpms and very good workmanship. The Spoon headers will not fit unless you change your front sway bar and both control arms and even then, you will need to get the JDM mid-pipe. You have the same setup as I do minus the Comptech - hmmmmm...:D

The JR header would be excellent but illegal - no cat. Big fines if you get caught!!!

brian1g
03-09-2004, 06:58 AM
oh yeah, i forgot about the whole emmissions and carb thing,they don't check that stuff around here:D .how much is the comptech going for these days?

Low Rider
03-09-2004, 03:21 PM
Originally posted by rswbrixton
To respond to my own question ......... initial research points to Comptech !

You won't be disappointed!!!;)

PAPITUYO326
03-09-2004, 04:10 PM
i would go for either the comptech race header or the jackson racing race header

not cats=power

at least thats what the dynos are sayin :D

Ep3 No.2
03-09-2004, 06:33 PM
toda makes some for our car too.
its a 4-2-1 like the spoon and and the race comptech one.
seen it in a shop but havent heard anything about em (power wise)

ToingToing
03-10-2004, 02:40 AM
good topic.

ok, i'm having the T1R b-pipe and spoon axleback also (hopefully i'll get it by this week). i also am looking for headers (my choice is toda or spoon) for my k20a3. BUT, later on, im planning to do a k20a or k20a2 swap, would the headers mentioned (toda/spoon) connected to T1R b-pipe and spoon axleback fit directly to the k20a/k20a2? other than modifying the swaybar and control arms, what else is to modify? looking forward to your answers. thanks.

Chinaboy
03-10-2004, 02:44 AM
from what I heard... USDM SI... needs to use the DC5 header from spoon instead of using a EP3 header... this I think clears the sway bar clearance...can anyone confirm this?

I too was thinking about getting a header by xmas... but the 421 from spoon cost 1200... makes me think twice.

Low Rider
03-10-2004, 04:33 AM
Guys... the Toda and Spoon headers will NOT fit our USDM EP3's. They are made for the JDM machine. If you want to use them on the USDM car you will need to have the DC5 sway bar and the DC5 front control arms and the CTR JDM mid-pipe!;)

Chinaboy
03-10-2004, 10:38 AM
K20ephatch... Kenneth from the meet that works at mod a car, got a spoon midpipe to fit on the USDM EP... if that is the case, that means he might beable to use the header... we might want t consult him

KeNnYtAkEr
03-13-2004, 04:16 PM
Hey Shawn if anything I'ls just wait for the engine sawp and just us the Type-s header with our mid pipe and spoon axle back:D