PDA

View Full Version : Alignment Problems

DrtyTexan
03-08-2004, 08:28 PM
cliff notes at the end.

So i take my car in a month or two ago to get my car aligned. i installed my rear camber kit and drove it up there (my steering wheel being straight). it took this old guy ab an hour to do it and while putting my car down from off the lift he forgot to move his chair and dropped my car on top of it. he brought the car back up and underneath was his smashed peice of shit chair. i walked out and looked under my car and no damage was done so i just shrugged it off.he showed me the alignment sheet showing all wheels in the green. while drivin home i notice my steering wheel was off center so the following week i take my car back since its under their warrenty. this time a younger guy in his 20's is aligning my car i told him my steering wheel was off center and he said ohk. he takes my car for a drive ab 10 min long drive comes back and aligns it again. he comes in and tells me it was hard for him to pull the rear in without a camber kit and he did the best he could without one. i was like what are you talking ab i have one on there. he said oh you do lemme go adjust it then. well he goes in there for ab another hour and now there are two guys working on my car. well they finally bring it to me again and i have to leave because i need to be at work in like 30 min they show me the sheet and its all in the green AGAIN (after it showing red before they aligned it) and told me i needed adjustable struts for better performance and blah blah i was like ya whatever give me my keys. so i get in my car and drive off and now notice my cars steering wheel is off to the left and is pulling slightly to the right and when i go ab 60 my shimmys. now my question is should they be able to get my steering wheel straight my alignment in performing specs with just my rear camber kit?

sorry for the long post.

cliff notes- i have a 2 inch drop with only a rear camber kit should they be able to align into proper performing specs so my car doesnt wobble at high speeds?

Peking
03-08-2004, 10:03 PM
Originally posted by DrtyTexan
sorry for the long post.
cliff notes- i have a 2 inch drop with only a rear camber kit should they be able to align into proper performing specs so my car doesnt wobble at high speeds?

Ok just read the cliff notes, you need an alignment if you tend to lean in a direction other than straight when trying to keep the wheel straight. To keep the wobble away balance an rotate tires to control that. Who ever you take it to, make sure the know you have rear adjustable camber and they don't charge to much for you being lowered.

Wait just read the whole thing, shouldn't have f*cked up anything by landing on a chair (where did it hit by the way?). Who did you take it too, cause it seems that they suck. You might want to try someone else, ask your locals to see where they take theirs.

yomamaInMySi
03-10-2004, 11:34 AM
Originally posted by DrtyTexan
cliff notes at the end.

So i take my car in a month or two ago to get my car aligned. i installed my rear camber kit and drove it up there (my steering wheel being straight). it took this old guy ab an hour to do it and while putting my car down from off the lift he forgot to move his chair and dropped my car on top of it. he brought the car back up and underneath was his smashed peice of shit chair. i walked out and looked under my car and no damage was done so i just shrugged it off.he showed me the alignment sheet showing all wheels in the green. while drivin home i notice my steering wheel was off center so the following week i take my car back since its under their warrenty. this time a younger guy in his 20's is aligning my car i told him my steering wheel was off center and he said ohk. he takes my car for a drive ab 10 min long drive comes back and aligns it again. he comes in and tells me it was hard for him to pull the rear in without a camber kit and he did the best he could without one. i was like what are you talking ab i have one on there. he said oh you do lemme go adjust it then. well he goes in there for ab another hour and now there are two guys working on my car. well they finally bring it to me again and i have to leave because i need to be at work in like 30 min they show me the sheet and its all in the green AGAIN (after it showing red before they aligned it) and told me i needed adjustable struts for better performance and blah blah i was like ya whatever give me my keys. so i get in my car and drive off and now notice my cars steering wheel is off to the left and is pulling slightly to the right and when i go ab 60 my shimmys. now my question is should they be able to get my steering wheel straight my alignment in performing specs with just my rear camber kit?

sorry for the long post.

Camber has nothing to do with steering wheel being off alignment. It has to do with toe adjustment. My suggestion is for you to take the car to another shop. It seems that these people have about 2/3 of a clue about what they're doing.