PDA

View Full Version : DC Header Install

SpeedRacer
10-03-2002, 03:48 PM
Finally i got my header installed this header from DC is the shit. Seriously it was like night and day after putting on the header. My car pully way way harder no joke all my friends were really impressed to. before we installed it on of my friends were like thats only going to give you 2hp why did you waste your money but after it was in and he took a ride in the car he was like damn that shit was well worth it. The install was kinda a bitch but not to bad i only had one jack so i jacked up the passenger side of the car and slid under there first unscrewed the 2 spring loaded screws then the other 2 normal screws connecting to the cat pipe.
You can reach the other 5 bolts from above but the 3 lower ones are kind of a bitch to get too. ounce it is all unscrewed it seemed like it didn't want to come out it turns out it was stuck on the cat brace so we had to take that off to then it came out and puttin the new one in was a sinch.

sorry about the long post but i just thought i would share if you are planning on getting this header it works really good.

Beachya
10-03-2002, 04:03 PM
Sweett....now you have to find out how many ponies you gots. Sounds like your car is coming together nice!!

Latas

JSIR
10-03-2002, 04:28 PM
is there any way you can dyno your car to see how it performs ?, would be interesting.

SpeedRacer
10-03-2002, 04:33 PM
where do i do this and how much does it cost. My car feals damn fast now i wouldn't be surprised if i could beat a stock type S because i raced a type S with I/H/E when i only had I/E and i was dead even with him until 3rd then of course he beat me by a good amout in 3rd he just walked me like nothing but after putting in this header i feal most of my power in 3rd. i dont doubt i cant beat a type S with I/H/E but a stock on i think i would have a chance of winning. I really want to get this thing on the dyno how do i find a place to do this?

JSIR
10-03-2002, 04:38 PM
In LA there must be 1000's of dynos in the area, any good performance shop probably has one or can recommend one.

That header sounds pretty good if you've noticed that much difference with it. cool. Did you take any pics of the piece ?.

SpeedRacer
10-03-2002, 05:26 PM
i dont have easy access to a digi cam so i didn't get to get pics of it. it looks really small and almost useless the in let holes look the same size as the stock header but where the big diffrnce is the outlet holes where the header turns into 2 holes it is almost twice the size of the stock header so there is alot less restriction getting the air out of the header and that is why i am getting all this power gain im pritty sure because other than that the header looks exactly the same as the stock one and maybe 1lb lighter if that.

myeverlovinsir
10-03-2002, 07:06 PM
Sweet, am waiting to get my DC sports header up here, it's all paid for. Should be next week. Will let you know how this helps as well.

On another note, I went out and bought some octane boost and put in 94 octane today. Wow! You definitely can feel the hair trigger on the peddle. It just feels a bit snappier on take off and while cruizing in 5th on the highway you notice the added accel too.

Thanks for the positive feedback on DC. Look forward to it!

My Ever Lovin SIR...:p