PDA

View Full Version : DIY's coming up...

JDQuikCivic
03-09-2004, 12:37 PM
I got a few DIY's I'm gonna be doing this weekend for our ep hatch and K-series:

DIY Upgrading Sidemarkers with SLK Kompressor markers
( basically enlarging the provided opening to fit the new side-marker and wiring)

DIY Hyper blinkers w/simultaneous blinking
( adding a resistor to our turn signal relays to increase blinking rate..very easy!)

DIY Throttle Heater Bypass
( I've done this on all my cars and would have to say that this is one of my favorite mods and the most easiest.)

DIY Throttle Cable adjustment
( Honda has them adjusted so it has less quick off the line when you depress the pedal for the granny type drivers out there...takes 30 secs to do)

DIY Lower Bumper Grill
( Dremeling out the stock lower grill and putting your favorite kind of mesh behind it)

Thats a few I'll be doing in the next little while. I'll be taking lots of pics along with detailed instructions...these mods have already been done on my ex-em2 civic and are not dofficult to do...Just letting you guys know..If anyone has any questions, e-mail me at JDQuik@shaw.ca or msn me

Jeff

Hatch, Si Hatch
03-09-2004, 12:40 PM
Great! I can't wait!

Welcome to the site.

JDQuikCivic
03-09-2004, 01:20 PM
Thanks Hatch..
anyways how do you like the mid-pipe/header combo? I'm also thinking of doing a DIY on a test pipe that replaces the cat and resonator.

rs_1101
03-09-2004, 01:37 PM
the test pipe would be a tough diy.. make sure u do ur homework on o2 sims

JDQuikCivic
03-09-2004, 07:03 PM
Well, ain't nothing O2 Sims can take care of...already did the research. Thanks...

It's gonna be a fun DIY

Hatch, Si Hatch
03-09-2004, 08:57 PM
Originally posted by JDQuikCivic
Thanks Hatch..
anyways how do you like the mid-pipe/header combo? I'm also thinking of doing a DIY on a test pipe that replaces the cat and resonator.

I like it alot. Its a inexpensive set-up, it sounds good, and performs well too(or so the butt dyno says). I like the look of the stock exhuast, so that is another reason I went with it. One day I might get a real cat-back. I want to get one of the new exhaust coming out of Japan, they just realeased new noise laws(or so I've heard), so the exhausts are really quiet. A friend of mine has one one his Evo, not sure of the brand name but it has Bullit on the tip, and it sounds quieter than stock.

Peking
03-09-2004, 09:53 PM
Originally posted by Hatch, Si Hatch
Great! I can't wait!

Welcome to the site.

Neither can I :D and I will like to welcome you as well to ephatch :)

Jon

JDQuikCivic
03-10-2004, 12:19 AM
Thanks alot you guys...I'm excited for this weekend

AzN Si GuY
03-10-2004, 08:02 PM
YAY, more DIY's. I can't wait to do all of the new DIY's, well except for the sidemarker one because i like my smoked side markers :cool: Can't wait, JDQuikCivic hook it up.

priest6479
03-19-2004, 07:16 PM
Does the throttle body heater bypass cause any problems in the winter?