PDA

View Full Version : Fujitsubo exhaust question

03blueSI
03-09-2004, 07:52 PM
I plan on getting the Fujitsubo Legalis R exhaust for my EP3 and the question I have is if I use the stock midpipe or a midpipe for a USDM EP3 the muffler will bolt up right? Also if I swap a Type-S motor in and use the exhaust manifold and the cat from the Type-S then the Fujitsubo midpipe will bolt up right? The reason I ask is I plan on getting the exhaust now and running it until I do the Type-S swap and then run the entire exhaust at this point

Tenacious G
03-09-2004, 07:59 PM
the fujitsubo will require some modification on the EP3. the CTR exhaust is a tad bit different (longer or shorter, i can't remember). a member has this exhaust, i'll find the link where he describes the modifications necessary.

here is DyanSpeed's review of the Fujitsubo (http://www.ephatch.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=17384&highlight=fujitsubo)

dustinhurley
03-09-2004, 10:01 PM
I have the Legalis. I bought an OEM RSX-S exhaust manifold and downpipe/cat off ebay for about $80. If you can find a deal like I got, it is the way to go. I'm not sure if the axle-back section of the Fujitsubo will mount to the OEM midpipe.

ET-EP3
03-10-2004, 12:11 AM
so does that mean type S header and downpipe + cat will fit the SI. thanks

dustinhurley
03-11-2004, 08:43 AM
Yes, any K20A2 header and downpipe/cat will fit, OEM or aftermarket, if you have a cat-back made for CTR.

DynaSpeed
03-11-2004, 08:56 AM
the CTR exhaust is a tad bit different (longer or shorter, i can't remember).

Shorter.

Think of it as the cat sits farther back on the ctr.

03EP3Si
03-11-2004, 11:23 AM
Hows the Sound on that exhaust by the way? i have one coming already modified to fit my car. and i have the race pipe with a straight thru CAT. so how does is sound with the Stock Cat?