PDA

View Full Version : CTR ash tray?

Kis4KEN
03-09-2004, 11:24 PM
sup fellow smokers... and jdm whores. lol.
anyhow, i bought the HYPER REV mag from autobacs... and in there i saw that the CTR comes with a ash tray that goes in the spot right above the 12v outlet.

anyways, anybody know where i can get one? price? do canadian SiR come with it?

thanx in advance

ATRIOT
03-09-2004, 11:51 PM
Nope no Ashtrays in Canada (Mabey in the Montreal Special Edition SiR). I just have an empty coffee cup in the left cupholder that i use, with the window cracked open.

Kis4KEN
03-10-2004, 12:22 AM
LOL... i bought a "jdm" ash tray from Super AutoBacs this past saturday. but i think i'm gonna go back to my empty air freshener cup. lol.

dammit... i want that ashtray!!!

ATRIOT
03-10-2004, 12:26 AM
Heres a tip, swiffer clothes (Yah know the floor cleaning things) are great for picking up those tiny flecks of ash from your dash and infront of the gauge cluster.

2.0L Monster
03-10-2004, 08:23 AM
Why don't you use the USDM ashtry.

civicracer1128
03-10-2004, 09:35 AM
Originally posted by ATRIOT
Heres a tip, swiffer clothes (Yah know the floor cleaning things) are great for picking up those tiny flecks of ash from your dash and infront of the gauge cluster.

o i got a better one....you know the california car duster???????? it comes in a small version for your dash. its definitly worth every penny. i use it every day.

blackout
03-10-2004, 09:46 AM
Originally posted by 2.0L Monster
Why don't you use the USDM ashtry.

what usdm ash tray? The sun roof?

styllinep3
03-10-2004, 02:01 PM
i got a ashtray that just sits in your cupholder, it is oem honda stuff. just dont know if its jdm or usdm? the lighter i put in that empty spot on the dash above the shifter to the right of the hazards.;)

blackout
03-10-2004, 03:11 PM
Originally posted by styllinep3
i got a ashtray that just sits in your cupholder, it is oem honda stuff. just dont know if its jdm or usdm? the lighter i put in that empty spot on the dash above the shifter to the right of the hazards.;)

I see what you mean, I've seen the older ash tray pieces that were extra add ons for the dash.

Kis4KEN
03-10-2004, 08:29 PM
...reminicing...

the only thing i miss about my old '95 civic coupe... is the ash tray it held 2 cigs... and it placed in the perfect position...

anyhow... i'm betting 97% of you guys don't smoke in your car... but where the JDM whores at? i want a CTR ash tray!!!

ATRIOT
03-10-2004, 09:12 PM
I miss the little windows that you could open (without opening the main window) on my 84 GTI Rabbit. Those were cool.

n i c k e l
03-14-2004, 02:27 PM
Originally posted by Kis4KEN
i want a CTR ash tray!!!

BUMP

nozomi
03-14-2004, 02:54 PM
...reminicing...
anyhow... i'm betting 97% of you guys don't smoke in your car... but where the JDM whores at? i want a CTR ash tray!!!

Sup I FEEL YOU MAN!!!! USDM ashtray is a fucking joke!

I know what jdm ashtray looks like too coz i want one pretty badly!

but when i ask ephatcher about this they tell me to smoke eclipse:o

so perhaps only a handful of ppl knows what it is:'(

Kis4KEN
03-16-2004, 07:55 PM
Originally posted by nozomi
Sup I FEEL YOU MAN!!!! USDM ashtray is a fucking joke!

I know what jdm ashtray looks like too coz i want one pretty badly!

but when i ask ephatcher about this they tell me to smoke eclipse:o

so perhaps only a handful of ppl knows what it is:'(

eclipse cigs tastes like pork to me... lol. i dunno. does anyone have a pic of the ash tray? some guy said he might be able to get it for me, if i show him a pic... i have a pic, but no digicam.

STP03BlueSI
03-17-2004, 12:17 PM
Why smoke in the car? You have a risk of burning a hole in your lovely seats:D

Kis4KEN
03-17-2004, 08:56 PM
Originally posted by STP03BlueSI
Why smoke in the car? You have a risk of burning a hole in your lovely seats:D

why drive when you just use up gas? heh. lol. jp! :D

STP03BlueSI
03-18-2004, 06:24 AM
why drive when you just use up gas? heh. lol. jp! :D

But it is healthy to drive my SI. :D

Chris

Kis4KEN
03-18-2004, 09:34 PM
Originally posted by STP03BlueSI
But it is healthy to drive my SI. :D

Chris

and i'm less iritable when i smoke... cigs... not that wacky tabaccy :D

BACK ON TOPIC!!!! CTR ASH TRAY... WHO GOT THE JDM HOOK UP?!?

siver-SI
03-22-2004, 07:35 PM
Originally posted by ATRIOT
I miss the little windows that you could open (without opening the main window) on my 84 GTI Rabbit. Those were cool.

Yea I had those on a old Mercury I had from the 70's. Fun part was that sicne it was a fully loaded car you had 2 window motors in each of the front doors. So if you had to get into the doors to do any work it was a pain in the butt.

I have to say I loved those windows too. Got good on those nice -0 days to be able to toss my change through the little window into the toll booth basket.

ATRIOT
03-22-2004, 09:59 PM
Yeah i miss my old bunny! I almost bought another this weekend but it sold fast! 1984 Gti, very clean body for a 20 year old car (minimal surface rust), with a header, it sold only sold for $650 Canadian :'(

nozomi
03-23-2004, 01:45 AM
hope these pic helps.....taken out from JDM EPC catalogue, they are the parts on 5 door ep hatch, I played with the real thing on a stream, it was nice!!!

http://www.nozomikan.com/ep3/ashtray.jpg
http://www.nozomikan.com/ep3/lighter.jpg

weird, the pics aren't showing on the post....

Kis4KEN
04-09-2004, 05:32 PM
Originally posted by nozomi
hope these pic helps.....taken out from JDM EPC catalogue, they are the parts on 5 door ep hatch, I played with the real thing on a stream, it was nice!!!

http://www.nozomikan.com/ep3/ashtray.jpg
http://www.nozomikan.com/ep3/lighter.jpg

weird, the pics aren't showing on the post....
since you got the pix for it... do you know where i can get one... other than japan?

Mr.02BlackSIguY
05-02-2004, 09:17 PM
any one have pics of this ash tray on a car? its not that i smoke.. i want want to use it to keep change in it. and how much do they run for?

dofu
05-05-2004, 03:10 AM
ooh... nice... been lookin for one of these jdm ash trays... with this, i can actually use my driver's cupholder for beverages :D

03 Black EP3
05-05-2004, 08:51 AM
I tried smoking an Eclipse cigarette one time and almost puked cuz they are so disgusting...ill stick with smoking marlboro lights. I hate smoking in my EP tho. But i deliver pizzas and have no choice too because i get no cigarette breaks and therefore it is necessary for me to smoke in the EP :( I love my EP but also miss my 2003 Accord EX V6 Coupe. That was my baby. Can anyone suggest a turbo kit for my 2003 EP. Thanks a lot

turboEP_AZ
05-09-2004, 02:42 AM
Originally posted by 03 Black EP3
I tried smoking an Eclipse cigarette one time and almost puked cuz they are so disgusting...ill stick with smoking marlboro lights. I hate smoking in my EP tho. But i deliver pizzas and have no choice too because i get no cigarette breaks and therefore it is necessary for me to smoke in the EP :( I love my EP but also miss my 2003 Accord EX V6 Coupe. That was my baby. Can anyone suggest a turbo kit for my 2003 EP. Thanks a lot

ash tray. ASH TRAY!!! dammit... someone help me find the "jdm" or "ukdm" ash tray...

Kis4KEN
05-13-2004, 09:30 PM
ash tray!!!! :D

is anyone other than looking for this part?

or has anyone other than me seen it before? i've only seen it in my hyperREV (new civic type R issue).

ken

Mr.02BlackSIguY
05-14-2004, 12:15 AM
i wanna see what this ash tray looks on our ep3.. u think u can scan the pic from ur hyper rev mag?

Kis4KEN
05-16-2004, 10:45 PM
if anyone has a digicam in 626 area of cali... lemme know. and i'll take pics of it. i've called at least 12 shops already. and nothing.

...actually... orange county is close enough to rowland heights i think. PM me your number and i'll just show it to you... the pic i mean

BaNAnABoAt689
05-18-2004, 06:32 PM
show picture of the tray

ctr1144
05-25-2004, 12:26 AM
This is a pic of my german spec CTR ashtray

http://www.abodigitals.com/pics/tray3.jpg

Hope I could help

Mwing
05-25-2004, 12:47 AM
It does help, thanks a lot.

I think I am going to get it in HK later.

Kis4KEN
06-09-2004, 11:55 PM
boy oh boy... how i wish i had one of those... i still remember the good ole days when i had an EG... and when someone called my cell phone, i could place my cig into ash tray, and pick up the phone... as to right now... smoking and shifting with right hand, holding cell with left hand, and driving with the knee.

VBP2004EP3
06-15-2004, 06:35 PM
Any1 get the ashtray yet?? I want one bad... In my 2003 Expedition I had to go to Pep Boys and buy one that goes in the cupholder... NOT DOING THAT AGAIN!!

nmysiismyn
06-15-2004, 06:46 PM
eclipse cigs tastes like pork to me... lol. i dunno. does anyone have a pic of the ash tray? some guy said he might be able to get it for me, if i show him a pic... i have a pic, but no digicam.

Do you have a scanner?

I thought the 02+ ep3 ashtrays replaced the left cupholder intirely.
I try not to smoke in my ep, but I sneak a couple in there. :'( more and more :'(

03silverEP
06-16-2004, 01:17 PM
i bought one of the usdm honda accessory ashtrays, it sucks!! it's function is okay but it's not attractive at all, it's grey and you can't close the storage compartment when it's in the cup holder, damn honda........

new slogan should be

"American Honda, watering great cars for over 30 years"

Deluxe
06-23-2004, 09:45 AM

Hope I could help

where can I buy this

Kis4KEN
06-23-2004, 08:55 PM

Hope I could help

dammit!!! i'll pay $100 usd + shipping for that ash tray assy. if it really costs anything more... just tell me. dammit. i was the second person the post a thread in the JDM section on the old server... and still no ash tray in my car.

some of you might say that is too much for the ash tray. but if i did have it... then i'd be the only guy in the U.S.A. with an ash tray. except for those bastards that actually have CTR's in USA

you scratch my back... and i'll scratch yours...
:'( and i meant it when i said $100 + shipping

Deluxe
06-24-2004, 08:23 AM
I wonder if it's possible to have one of the local honda dealers order it from Germany?

Kis4KEN
06-24-2004, 11:48 PM
I wonder if it's possible to have one of the local honda dealers order it from Germany?

good luck with that one... so far i've tried diamond bar honda (CA), honda of mesa (AZ), tempe honda (AZ).

same answer... no.

just to let you guys know... these places don't have it either....
-jhpusa.com - jdm honda parts
-passwordjdm.com
-hondawerx
-true honda
-showstoppers!!!! rocky told me that he'd get it for me... but then i'm still typing... so....
-island motorsports, CA
-super autobacs, CA
-super vip motoring, CA
-apex motorsports, AZ
-versus motorsports, AZ
-rhythum motorsports, AZ

most of those places... i actually went there

penguin
06-29-2004, 11:54 PM
I have an ashtray from a 2003 Dodge 4 door (can't remember the name, it was a rental. Not a Neon, but the Sirus one). Anyway, it's black, has a lid that closes on it, fits in the cupholder (it was made for that) and the compartment lid closes with it on. It's my change holder BTW. Go to a Dodge (unless you really want to be JDM...lol) dealer and pick one up. Or just steal it from a rental like I did...ahahah...lol

Kis4KEN
07-06-2004, 08:42 PM
so... er... it looks like i'm never gonna get this. dammit. maybe next year, i'll fly to japan and pick it up my damn self. lol. i'll pick up a few... thats if i can go.

excivic98
07-09-2004, 10:05 AM
the company I work for has a sales office in Germany. I can have our salesman chck on the price from honda over there.

freidaddy
07-09-2004, 03:15 PM
plz do.

vtecmdnss
07-09-2004, 04:36 PM
Dont enough ep's go up in flames as it is? yall shouldnt smoke in ur ep's thats auto interior abuse.