PDA

View Full Version : About to get an EP3

Echelon
03-10-2004, 07:45 AM
hey i'm pretty new when it comes to import cars, but not modding, i was just wondering if where the best place to buy parts online for a 2003 ep3 would be and about what would be best to do, i don't know much about imports

i'm looking for a lot of power and looks too, so a supercharger is definately a possibility, but i was gonna start small with mainly bolt on, so i was wonder what are the best i/h/e components i can get?
and what is a good type of suspension kit (i know tein made some nice ones for the rsx, but i dunno about the si) and body kits as well,

i was gonna put this in a different forum but i figured since i'm askin about everything it might work in here, sorry if i was wrong

thanks

DynaSpeed
03-10-2004, 08:10 AM
Welcome, enjoy your stay.

To answer some of your questions - I don't know about VA, but depending on your smog testing, the most power you're going to extract from I/H/E is from a race header and a good intake and b-pipe. Take a look around the performance forums for all of the details.

andy
03-10-2004, 08:11 AM
Check out the Vendor forum on this board. There's several good vendors
in there who stock parts for the ep3.
Showstoppers USA does a great job of "reppin" the ep3 in magazines and
are a big supporter of this site. I also really like Wired Speedlab
(wiredspeed.com), very professional and quick shippers.

A lot of us buy used parts off of each other via ephatch and a lot
of us use eBay for some of the minor stuff, too.

The "best" of any bolt on is highly subjective. AEM/Injen seem to
be the most popular choice of cold air intake. DC Sports makes a
decent set of headers but the gains on the dyno are not eye-popping.
Several companies make a race header, though, too.
Exhaust choices have more to do with sound/looks, it seems, as most
are giving about the same gains. I have Comptech and would recommend
it.

Tein makes several springs for the ep3 - Basics (height adjustable)
and Type Flex (height, rebound and dampen adjustable). Your best bet
is to search through the Suspension forum and read some old posts.

Welcome to the site, btw.

Echelon
03-10-2004, 08:18 AM
wow you guys have been extremely helpful, and about the smog regulations in va, i'm not too sure either, i probably should take a look at it...

i'm definatly gonna look around the site some to get some more info, and for the exhaust i was kinda lookin for something that sounded kinda loud.and the tein flex or basic sound good to me, but damn the flex costs a lot hah

thanks a lot for the welcome and i cannot wait to get my ep3!