PDA

View Full Version : JDM Mirrors?

civicracer1128
03-10-2004, 09:26 AM
is spoon doing em for the ep3????? i see theyve redone most of the older ones in carbon fiber and id love to get a set. any other options out there?????

TrippZ
03-10-2004, 09:48 AM
for jdm, you can get oem ctr ones, those power fold and are heated too i believe

gr33nnugz
03-10-2004, 10:36 AM
Originally posted by TrippZ
for jdm, you can get oem ctr ones, those power fold and are heated too i believe

Right on TrippZ, JDM mirrors have power fold and heated.

mmmmm JDM

Mugen Power
03-10-2004, 11:44 AM
I thought the JDM ones only had power fold!

SiR_d1
03-10-2004, 12:09 PM
does the USDM ep mirrors fold? obviously I know not power operated but can it be folded manually?

I know ours do

gr33nnugz
03-10-2004, 12:18 PM
Originally posted by SiR_d1
does the USDM ep mirrors fold?

USDM ep mirrors fold manually

Mugen Power
03-10-2004, 01:19 PM
I always thought that the Canadian ones were ONLY heated and the Type R ones were ONLY power fold. Since I thought the heated ones were of more use to me, I was thinking of getting a set of Canadian ones. Are you guys SURE that the Type R ones are both heated and power folding?

STP03BlueSI
03-10-2004, 01:25 PM
Last time I talked with SSUSA(Chuck) they were fitting Spoon Style CF mirrors that are power glass not power fold.

Chris

prracer617
03-10-2004, 06:33 PM
well showstopper has replica spoon style mirrors in cf and powered for sale but only got a limited amount .... and a little pricey 389

Type X
03-10-2004, 08:15 PM
Originally posted by TrippZ

u = wrong

USDM = power adjusting and manual fold
CDM = Power adjustting , heated and manual fold
JDM/UK = Power adjusting & Power folding...

Carry on

Mugen Power
03-10-2004, 08:21 PM
Originally posted by Type X
u = wrong

Carry on

Haha, that's what I thought. Guess I'll be sticking to trying to get the Canadian ones.

97 TYPE-R 312
03-10-2004, 10:24 PM
Ya, I have a set of folding power mirrors, just need to install them.

-Victor

irrational
03-11-2004, 10:34 AM
Originally posted by Mugen Power
Haha, that's what I thought. Guess I'll be sticking to trying to get the Canadian ones.
me too i want the heated ones so i can see. maybe we can do a heater swap on the jdm mirrors....lmao

SDC_R21
03-11-2004, 10:37 AM
Yeah I was wondering that too, if the heated mirrors from Cananda and the JDM ones can be put together so i could have power adjusting, folding, and heated... do you think?

Mugen Power
03-11-2004, 12:09 PM
Yeah, I thought about putting the heater element into the mirrors but I'd like to have separate switches controlling the fold and heat without relocating one of them off of the mirror switch. I'm pretty sure that the heater button and the fold button are in the same position on the mirror switch so either one has to go...

civicracer1128
03-14-2004, 05:52 PM
thanks for the info guys. i might give the CF spoon style mirrors a shot if they come down in price any in the near future. i believe SS said something about them being a very limited quantity. probibly why the price was so high.

HASNIC
03-15-2004, 05:54 PM
u = wrong

Carry on

The UKDM ones are power adjusting, heated, manual fold. Only the JDM mirros have the Power folding:(

irrational
03-15-2004, 07:41 PM
Originally posted by HASNIC
The UKDM ones are power adjusting, heated, manual fold. Only the JDM mirros have the Power folding:( where can i get some of those?

Type X
03-15-2004, 07:44 PM
Originally posted by HASNIC
The UKDM ones are power adjusting, heated, manual fold. Only the JDM mirros have the Power folding:(

dont the UKDM 30th anniversary R's have the power folding
i spoke to a kid from europe that had one and he had the power folding switches and mirrors etc etc

Mugen Power
03-15-2004, 07:47 PM
Originally posted by irrational
where can i get some of those?

If you want those, why don't you just get some CDM ones? They're power adjust, heat, and manual fold, too.

HASNIC
03-15-2004, 10:36 PM
dont the UKDM 30th anniversary R's have the power folding
i spoke to a kid from europe that had one and he had the power folding switches and mirrors etc etc

As far as I know the the 30AE cars don't have the folding mirros but the UKDM cars and the ones on mainland Europe do have slightly different specs so i'm not sure so if he was from Europe rather than the UK then it might?

fsugatorbait
03-17-2004, 08:29 AM
X - do you know how the shop wired up your mirrors to fold? did they incorporate the switch or just wire them in to fold when you car is turned off? Anyother info you have about them would be helpful. thanks.

Type X
03-17-2004, 02:25 PM
Originally posted by fsugatorbait
X - do you know how the shop wired up your mirrors to fold? did they incorporate the switch or just wire them in to fold when you car is turned off? Anyother info you have about them would be helpful. thanks.

i had them wire it to the ignition
but due to my NE region winters
i had them put in a cutoff switch so say if its gonna show and ice the next day
i can shut them off so they wont fold off and on the next time the car is started etc etc

as for the install

the shop did all the work i can give you the persons # that actually DID the install but it wasnt that difficult i heard

fsugatorbait
03-17-2004, 02:44 PM
When I get a pair ill give you a holla, just looking for some preliminary info. Thanks.

jdmpwr
03-25-2004, 10:55 AM
just got done installing mine, used JDM switch and JDM harnesses. We used the JDM relay pack/timed latching relay. It's isn't as easy everyone thinks to do it correctly with all the JDM parts, because you need the JDM driver side window switch/jdm relay to control both the mirrors.

Button IN,Car off=mirrors fold in
Button Out,car off=mirrors stay out
Button IN,Car turned on=mirrors fold out
Button Out,Car turned off=mirrors stay folded out

Will post a vid as soon as I can

the JigGa mAn
04-12-2004, 10:40 PM
u = wrong

Carry on

thats what i thought b/c i see no use for heated in japan