PDA

View Full Version : Non EP JDM questions answered here

Tragedy
03-10-2004, 01:28 PM
Since I am not an owner of an EP3, I'm sure most of you know more about the EP than I do. But if you have any questions regarding other cars or anything about Japan, ask them here and I'll answer them to the best of my knowledge.

HondaMan
03-10-2004, 07:06 PM
Enjoy your new forum Tragedy-san! :)

danoonez
03-10-2004, 07:57 PM
Was there ever a 5th gen. Celica All-Trac in Japan. If so, did it have a decent amount of aftermarket backing?

Mugen Power
03-10-2004, 08:23 PM
I'm pretty sure the last All-Trac (a.k.a. GT-Four) Celica was the generation that had the four circular headlights. That most likely has to do with the fact that it was the last generation Celica Toyota used in rallies. However, the US didn't get that one.

Tragedy
03-10-2004, 08:28 PM
Originally posted by danoonez
Was there ever a 5th gen. Celica All-Trac in Japan. If so, did it have a decent amount of aftermarket backing?

Yes, there was a 5th-gen All-Trac turbo Celica in Japan. The aftermarket for this car isn't huge, but it's not small. Of course, you can buy universal turbo-related upgrades such as a turbo timer, boost controller, Blow-Off Valves, etc. I know Blitz makes a cat-back exhaust system, and Ogura makes a racing clutch for it. I saw a 5th-gen before with a front mount intercooler (instead of a top-mount)but I'm not sure if it's a custom job or some company makes one. The only thing I'm not sure about is an intake system, which I'm sure exists, I've just never seen it. Cars more than 10 years old are a rarity to see on the streets unless they're popular cars like the AE86, R32 GTR, and FC RX7s.

danoonez
03-10-2004, 10:41 PM
Originally posted by Tragedy
Yes, there was a 5th-gen All-Trac turbo Celica in Japan. The aftermarket for this car isn't huge, but it's not small. Of course, you can buy universal turbo-related upgrades such as a turbo timer, boost controller, Blow-Off Valves, etc. I know Blitz makes a cat-back exhaust system, and Ogura makes a racing clutch for it. I saw a 5th-gen before with a front mount intercooler (instead of a top-mount)but I'm not sure if it's a custom job or some company makes one. The only thing I'm not sure about is an intake system, which I'm sure exists, I've just never seen it. Cars more than 10 years old are a rarity to see on the streets unless they're popular cars like the AE86, R32 GTR, and FC RX7s.

Thanks for the info! I was curious b/c they don't seem to have much of an aftermarket backing here in the states (like you said, the All-Trac just isn't that popular of an old car...which is why I like it). Either way, thanks again.

Originally posted by Mugen Power
I'm pretty sure the last All-Trac (a.k.a. GT-Four) Celica was the generation that had the four circular headlights. That most likely has to do with the fact that it was the last generation Celica Toyota used in rallies. However, the US didn't get that one.

That was the 6th gen (with the 4 circle headlights). The last All-Trac America saw was the 5th gen.

chet
03-11-2004, 12:06 AM
Is there much of a market in Japan for SUV's?? I'm just curious if there are any really popular models (pics:D ). I have a Nissan XTerra and was looking for some ideas as far as non-off-road look that's cool. I'm not much into the whole offroad thing. I know the XTerra is a pretty decent offroad machine w/just tire upgrades. . .But I'll stick to auto-xing the EP. Thanks

Tragedy
03-11-2004, 12:11 PM
Originally posted by chet
Is there much of a market in Japan for SUV's?? I'm just curious if there are any really popular models (pics:D ). I have a Nissan XTerra and was looking for some ideas as far as non-off-road look that's cool. I'm not much into the whole offroad thing. I know the XTerra is a pretty decent offroad machine w/just tire upgrades. . .But I'll stick to auto-xing the EP. Thanks

The JDM version of the XTERRA is called the Nissan XTRAIL. It looks different, but overall you can tell that the two cars are related.

SUVs are gaining popularity here. I've seen quite a few Escalades, H2s, Navigators, and Durangos....most of them sporting 20 to 23 inch chrome wheels. That bling trend is getting big here. The most popular SUVs are the Land Cruiser, Land Cruiser Prado (Lexus GX430 stateside), and the Honda MDX.

Here's a pic of the Nissan XTRAIL:

http://www.autointell.com/asian_companies/nissan/nissan-xtrail-land-01-100.jpg

Mugen Power
03-13-2004, 06:53 PM
Originally posted by danoonez
Thanks for the info! I was curious b/c they don't seem to have much of an aftermarket backing here in the states (like you said, the All-Trac just isn't that popular of an old car...which is why I like it). Either way, thanks again.

That was the 6th gen (with the 4 circle headlights). The last All-Trac America saw was the 5th gen.

Yup, I said the US didn't get that one. :)

IIx 03 EP xII
03-17-2004, 08:37 AM
is there such thing as a jdm integra si-r or accord si-r? cuz i heard that there are such a thing, but i didnt know about them. and i heard that the accord si-r has an h22 in it?!

chet
03-17-2004, 12:05 PM
Originally posted by Tragedy
The JDM version of the XTERRA is called the Nissan XTRAIL. It looks different, but overall you can tell that the two cars are related.

SUVs are gaining popularity here. I've seen quite a few Escalades, H2s, Navigators, and Durangos....most of them sporting 20 to 23 inch chrome wheels. That bling trend is getting big here. The most popular SUVs are the Land Cruiser, Land Cruiser Prado (Lexus GX430 stateside), and the Honda MDX.

Here's a pic of the Nissan XTRAIL:

http://www.autointell.com/asian_companies/nissan/nissan-xtrail-land-01-100.jpg

The XTrail seems like a smaller/sporty version of the XTerra. . .Also seems that the bigass SUV's are becoming popular--Escalades and H2's, Durangos even!!

Thanks for the pic.

Mugen Power
03-17-2004, 12:09 PM
Originally posted by IIx 03 EP xII
is there such thing as a jdm integra si-r or accord si-r? cuz i heard that there are such a thing, but i didnt know about them. and i heard that the accord si-r has an h22 in it?!

There were Accord SiRs in Japan but I forgot which motors they used, exactly. The 1st gen Accord Type R had an H22 in it and I think the Euro-R had it, too. I think the later SiR-T used an F20, which is not the same as the F20 in the S2000.

blackout
06-23-2004, 07:23 AM
on the ever so popular JDM dc2 conversion... Is there any fabrication work or can you bolt the jdm hood, fenders, lights, and bumper right where the usdm parts go... I heard mention of maybe re-welding the radiator support. I'm asking because I'm going to help a guy do his, unless theres too much fab work. He has the kit but needs help.

Tragedy
06-24-2004, 03:39 AM
on the ever so popular JDM dc2 conversion... Is there any fabrication work or can you bolt the jdm hood, fenders, lights, and bumper right where the usdm parts go... I heard mention of maybe re-welding the radiator support. I'm asking because I'm going to help a guy do his, unless theres too much fab work. He has the kit but needs help.

I used to own a DC2 with a JDM front end. Everything bolts on AFTER the new radiator support is welded on. There's no way around it. You NEED the JDM radiator support.