PDA

View Full Version : EP in for service: Grinding Gear.

TezGari
10-03-2002, 10:09 PM
I finally took my EP in for service they changed my, shiftlock, control arm and my synchroz. They said itll take two days. And for all you PEOPLE out thier who have the GRINDING problem TAKE YOUR EP IN FOR SERVICE!!!!! The people even told me its it a good thing you did it now. But anyways they gave me a 03 accord as a rental.:D . it is nice!!!

Talk later guys!

PS: Take your EP IN!

i should be getting my Ep back today :]

2k2civicSi
10-03-2002, 10:39 PM
does it grind all the time mine has been in 3 times they cant get it to grind i can some time but not all the time

sonic imperial
10-04-2002, 07:20 AM
Did they say that the parts were defective from the factory? If not, how is changing it out now going to actually "fix" the problem? Are they going to use the exact same parts? Just wondering because it seems like the problem would still be there unless there is a design change or something to actually help it out.

TezGari
10-04-2002, 09:41 AM
Originally posted by sonic imperial
Did they say that the parts were defective from the factory? If not, how is changing it out now going to actually "fix" the problem? Are they going to use the exact same parts? Just wondering because it seems like the problem would still be there unless there is a design change or something to actually help it out.

The parts they said in my car are bad (im gona ask when i pick it up tho im not for sure, then im gona ask why). The synchros are bad. When i shift past 1st after 3K rpms's it grinds in 2nd then i shift past 3K rpms to third it grinds in 3rd. The guy even said it was some parts in the tranny. It use to happen now and then when i shift past 3Krpms not it happens all the time, but hopefully today when i get it back it will be fixed.

sonic imperial
10-04-2002, 11:02 AM
That's good. I'm glad I have the 100k mile warranty in case something happens. Let us know what they say if you get a chance.

odyessy SI
10-04-2002, 03:31 PM
what exactly does the grinding sound like? is it really loud or is it just sorta noticeable? cuz i'm not sure if my car has that or not...i'm not too sure if its just my gears engaging or if they are actually grinding. can u specify the sound cuz i'm not too sure if mine has that if it does i'll be takin it in