PDA

View Full Version : greddy si...

frankdogg
03-10-2004, 06:40 PM
i was readin the new issue of super street (the one with the greddy si on the cover thats printed jdm style). anyhow, which k20 are they using. They mentioned "TYPE S cams" but nothing of a K20a2 head being on there? does anyone know EXACTLY which motor they are running? I think its the K20a2 with a built bottom end.

NYSI
03-10-2004, 08:12 PM
K20a3 block and cylinder head, carrillo H-beam connecting rods, JE pistons 9.0:1 and poston rings, 440cc sub-injectors, Evo exhaust, Arix AY-MB intake, IS08 Pro spark plugs, T517Z turbo, Greddy intercooler, Nippon Denso supra fuel pump, fuel rail, Ramdom Technology catalytic converter, HPC coated turbine Housing, manifold,andadapters, Earls stainless hoses and fitting, LSD, Acura type S cam's and trany, ACT clutch.
Rules:
had to be full stock chasis and front wheel drive,had to be original engine block do internals can be modified, trany bellhouising had to be original but internals can be modified.. turbo's ,super chager's are allowed but no nitrous

DavidT
03-10-2004, 09:12 PM
Type S cams don't fit on the A3 head. So most likely they used an A2 head.

NYSI
03-10-2004, 09:36 PM
that's whats on the Super Street mag. go get one and read it

frankdogg
03-11-2004, 12:13 AM
yea....see they got me all confused~ :banana:
i'm guessing its the a2 head but for a second there, while i was reading it, i got my hopes up. they almost tricked me...:p

03 Hatchy Back
03-11-2004, 02:35 AM
A2 cams fit the A3 head it just wont work right without a few other parts

Makross
03-11-2004, 08:01 AM
everyone knows that type-s cams wouldnt work with a k20a3 head and it doesnt say anything about swaping heads maybe they are using type-s internals!

KeNnYtAkEr
03-13-2004, 04:10 PM
Originally posted by NYSI
K20a3 block and cylinder head, carrillo H-beam connecting rods, JE pistons 9.0:1 and poston rings, 440cc sub-injectors, Evo exhaust, Arix AY-MB intake, IS08 Pro spark plugs, T517Z turbo, Greddy intercooler, Nippon Denso supra fuel pump, fuel rail, Ramdom Technology catalytic converter, HPC coated turbine Housing, manifold,andadapters, Earls stainless hoses and fitting, LSD, Acura type S cam's and trany, ACT clutch.
Rules:
had to be full stock chasis and front wheel drive,had to be original engine block do internals can be modified, trany bellhouising had to be original but internals can be modified.. turbo's ,super chager's are allowed but no nitrous

ANd guy it does work just cst a @*^%#*@ load of $ to convert everything else to match so it works. :cool:

SuperRacerTypeR
03-13-2004, 04:23 PM
It's top secret, the magazine don't want to reveal all the specs, plus they BS alot, don't belive want u read.

02SiFoLife
03-14-2004, 04:28 PM
I saw that car getting smogged for some street leagal challenge while I was at my mechanic. Its the yellow one right ?
That thing is soooooooo crazy its got over 300 hp.
And the guys said they had been trying to get it to pass smog for like 3 hours.

phantasia
03-15-2004, 10:54 PM
i was reading that shit earlier tonight, drinkin coffee at eat n park (think dennys but with hot as #^%!@ waitresses and better coffee) and yeah, that greddy si is dope. they got 352 HP outta that sucka. that skunk 2 ep is dope as hell looking though.. like a stealth fighter.

BlairSpeed
03-16-2004, 03:21 PM
I think the Skunk2 is the one of the best looking EPs
http://www.skunk2.com/gallery/image02.jpg:tongue:
http://www.skunk2.com/gallery/image03.jpg:tongue: