PDA

View Full Version : Can someone help me out?

Import-a-TypeR
10-03-2002, 11:04 PM
Does anyone know how to get a letter of conformity from Honda?

The ICI I have talked with needs that letter in order to estimate how much it will cost to convert a Type-R to US spec.

I tried calling Honda's 'customer care' 5 times, and none of them knew what I was talking about.

Does anyone know of a way to get that letter?

Anything...anything at all....

thanks

02blksi
10-04-2002, 06:18 AM
whats an ICI person?

and I doubt someone from this site will know how to get this letter you are in need of, why dont you follow the link in this same forum about hondata (ecu tuners) go to their site and ask them to point you in a direction, im sure they will know more than enough info to satisfy what you are looking for. sorry -hope that helps --joe :)

madbrain
10-04-2002, 06:55 AM
I would try to contact the National Traffic Saftey Burough. The NTSB is the federal agency that determines the US guildlines for compliance. Or look in the phone book and contact your local senator or congressman they should point you in the right direction. A little tip I learned from union business is to be very nice to the politician's secretary and she will place the call for you insuring that someone in the NTSB will help you. If you get what you require send the secretary flowers and a thank you card and in the future you will have an invaluable connection.

Import-a-TypeR
10-08-2002, 12:52 AM
Thanks for the suggestions,

I called Honda like 10 more times and got a letter with just the Si specs out of them. I am not too happy with Customer Care, but then again it's not like I am asking how to open the trunk.

I took me forever, but I got a hold of Honda in the UK. They are very helpful and nice out there; kinda