PDA

View Full Version : JDM Red Inserts

audomatik
03-10-2004, 07:00 PM
Will these work in our USDM doors? I really like the red and I think it'd look awesome in my car. Do I buy the panels or just the inserts?

Brettnyt
03-10-2004, 07:57 PM
Originally posted by audomatik
Will these work in our USDM doors? I really like the red and I think it'd look awesome in my car. Do I buy the panels or just the inserts?

Oooo... Yeah, I want some too! :D would it be easier to get the custom upholstered?

SiR_d1
03-10-2004, 11:05 PM

if you want it to be pure JDM you would have to buy the whole door panel

north9586
03-14-2004, 11:55 AM
But wouldnt there be problems with window controls and such if you did a full door panel swap?

~Andrew

SiR_d1
03-14-2004, 12:12 PM
not really, you'll just have the ain switchboard on the passenger door instaed of the drivers door;)

check out ep_nezay's ride, he did this conversion

Si4U2NV
03-14-2004, 01:46 PM

i believe they will fit perfectly, but i heard theyre SUPER HARD to install... apparently theyre GLUED in... (i think they have clips ALSO)...

-Mike

pLopSI
03-15-2004, 01:12 AM
Originally posted by SiR_d1
not really, you'll just have the ain switchboard on the passenger door instaed of the drivers door;)

check out ep_nezay's ride, he did this conversion

lmao... that sucks... what if somebody farts in ur car n' refuses to roll the windows down?

SiR_d1
03-15-2004, 01:19 AM
Originally posted by pLopSI
lmao... that sucks... what if somebody farts in ur car n' refuses to roll the windows down?

thats when it would suck;)

ep_nezay
04-07-2004, 11:40 PM
Originally posted by pLopSI

You can still roll down windows, all I did was put my stock ones(window/lock control) on the jdm panels.
The only thing you cant use is the lock button since its on the pass. side.

ep_nezay
04-07-2004, 11:46 PM
Originally posted by Si4U2NV
i believe they will fit perfectly, but i heard theyre SUPER HARD to install... apparently theyre GLUED in... (i think they have clips ALSO)...

-Mike

Its actually one piece.

http://www.we-todd-did-racing.com/wetoddimage.wtdr/i=wMzQ1NTAyNnM0MTNkZmQzMXk1NDE%3D.jpg

If anyone wants to do this, change the panel, not just the inserts. Unless you are going with the fake bright red stuff.

audomatik
04-08-2004, 05:52 AM
ahhh i see. cause there is no door lock on the passenger side. i never really took notice to that. i guess it'd be easier to have someone reupholster the insert rather than having the door lock on the wrong side, that would just plain bug the shit outta me. thanks for the input guys.

EP3RII
04-08-2004, 08:26 AM
Just thought I'd let you know that the red material on the JDM seats and panels is used/licensed by Honda. Some of us in the UK are trying to source it to retrim seats but even the official Recaro trimmer won't give anything away :(

Mugen Power
04-08-2004, 11:18 AM
You know, now having a lock/unlock switch on the passenger side can be a pain, too. A lotta times when I'm dropping people off, they pull on the door handle, realize it's locked, then look all confused because they don't realize the lock is behind them and there's no switch for them to use. I guess people are too spoiled today and don't remember the days of manually operated door locks. :rolleyes:

HondaDOHC161822
04-09-2004, 01:48 PM
There are people that redo their interior with sparco material, wouldnt that work?

audomatik
04-11-2004, 06:39 PM
what about euro type r door panels? i just watched the video of the ctr racing the evo 7 in the ep discussion and it had the red inserts and also a different center console (silver part) any info would be awesome!!!

EnJaNir
04-11-2004, 08:00 PM
why hasnt any one tried sourcing German Honda CTR parts for the door panels? They are woudl fit with no modification and everything would be in the correct place. Only thing I could think of is if the red inserts are a different color red

audomatik
04-11-2004, 08:02 PM
they are a different color red? what would you compare it to?

the JigGa mAn
04-13-2004, 11:21 AM
Originally posted by EnJaNir
why hasnt any one tried sourcing German Honda CTR parts for the door panels? They are woudl fit with no modification and everything would be in the correct place. Only thing I could think of is if the red inserts are a different color red

i dont think they would be a diffrent color red..but i was about to say the same thing about getting german ctr parts it might be cheaper than JDM and youd get the same look

HondaDOHC161822
04-14-2004, 07:05 PM
Now we have to find someone online who sells them... OR NE1 LIVE IN GERMANY?!?!?!:D

the JigGa mAn
04-14-2004, 07:22 PM
Originally posted by HondaDOHC161822
Now we have to find someone online who sells them... OR NE1 LIVE IN GERMANY?!?!?!:D

yes there are a couple german ep members

CTR16611 is one... sk8flexis another...
theoman01 is from greece they also have lhd

maxflip311
04-23-2004, 07:42 AM
where can u get the jdm door panels or euro door panels n e one know?

dofu
05-05-2004, 03:18 AM
great!!! now that we are looking for a shop in germany (LHD) to buy ctr parts from, i'd like to put in my order for floormats along with the door panels!!! :eek: :D

Type X
05-05-2004, 07:03 AM
i just ordered the jdm ep3
whole door panels

when i get my car back and they come in i will take install pix

Speck
05-06-2004, 04:05 PM
Again, where can you buy these from???

-=speck=-

Type X
05-06-2004, 06:05 PM
Originally posted by Speck
Again, where can you buy these from???

-=speck=-

a guy i have bought parts from before in malaysia found me a set:D

audomatik
05-06-2004, 09:08 PM
that mean you're gonna have the door lock button on both sides then right? maybe i'm just thinking about this way too much i dunno

Mugen Power
05-06-2004, 11:21 PM
He will if he keeps the stock panel on the left and the JDM panel on the right.

audomatik
05-07-2004, 03:49 PM
the door lock mechanism is not where the window controls are... its by the door handle. so i guess you'd have one on both doors. but one of them would be functional.

Type X
05-10-2004, 06:26 PM
the door lock mechanism is not where the window controls are... its by the door handle. so i guess you'd have one on both doors. but one of them would be functional.

http://ephatch.com/forum/showthread.php?threadid=37361

audomatik
05-10-2004, 06:39 PM
like i said before... i hate you hahaha

ep_nezay
05-11-2004, 09:29 PM

The only way you can have a door lock in your driver side door would be by, making a hole for the lock button to mount. If you see in this pic, youll see there is enough room, just been lazy to do it. =P

http://www.we-todd-did-racing.com/wetoddimage.wtdr/wMzg2MzY0NnM0MTNkZmQzMXk1NDE%3D.jpg

Ep3 No.2
05-11-2004, 10:39 PM
yah but if you do that wouldnt that leave a hole on the pasenger side ?

glw
05-12-2004, 10:25 PM
Originally posted by ep_nezay
The only way you can have a door lock in your driver side door would be by, making a hole for the lock button to mount. If you see in this pic, youll see there is enough room, just been lazy to do it. =P

http://www.we-todd-did-racing.com/wetoddimage.wtdr/wMzg2MzY0NnM0MTNkZmQzMXk1NDE%3D.jpg just use the usdm one... the one that came with the original panels....

scrunkness
05-13-2004, 05:47 PM
I live in Itlay and when I get back I could check to see if they got the door panels with the red inserts. Also I could let you now where the door lcok switch is located. I sould be back around the middle of june.( I am deployed right now):'(