PDA

View Full Version : EP3 back seats

chartinael
03-11-2004, 10:03 AM
Say, I do know the the German EP3 backseats were not issued with a third three point belt and w/o head rests. Where all Si/SiR back seats outfitted as the folloing picture suggests?

http://www.k-series.com/Images/Projects/KSERIES_02_SI/KSERIES_02_SI-8.jpg

The German back seats look like this:

http://www.top-computer.de/Artikel/Ruecksitzbank.jpg

It would truly help me to figure out where to go look for a back seat like that, since I do want the head rests and the additional 3p belt.

Kristin

BlairSpeed
03-11-2004, 10:18 AM
So your looking for back seats without a middle seatbelt and without head rests? If thats the case, then you could just not install the middle seat belt and not put in the head rests and still use the US version of the back seats. Or if you really want the original back seats, then try a junkyard in your area. I doubt you would be able to find somone willing to sell their back seats unless they did a full interior upgrade or something. Good luck though!

chartinael
03-11-2004, 10:36 AM
*grins* ... no, the bottom is the one that is available to me. I want the additional items (head rest and seat belts) that are not available to me in Germany and hence there is no junk yard anywhere around that would have those.

So I am correct in assuming that the USDM EP3s all came with that. I basically am looking for someone who could care less about the head rests and would be satisfied with a lap belt. I would exchange my back for the USDM back with head rests and thrid 3 point belt. That way, the look remains sind the person doesn't want the head rest and might have them lying around the garage or so.

Hope that makes my intentions more clear.

kristin

esmith13
03-11-2004, 10:52 AM
You may find someone here willing to sell you the rear seat with headrests, but you probably won't get the belts. In the USA all cars are REQUIRED to have 3pt belts now of you will not pass safety inspection. Lap belts in the back haven't been in cars here for around 6 years now.

Have you tried buying the belts from a USA Honda dealer??

Eric

chartinael
03-11-2004, 11:22 AM
Oh, that's interesting. The EP3 EDM CTR is only a 4-Person Vehicle. It doesn't even have the lap belt. I could buy an addition 3p belt no problem :-)

In Germany you can take out the rear seat and than have the car registered as a two seater and then the taxes drop. That's why you find a bunch of rear seats over here :-)

Thanks for the info.

kristin

EtherGhost
03-11-2004, 11:55 AM
Originally posted by chartinael
In Germany you can take out the rear seat and than have the car registered as a two seater and then the taxes drop. That's why you find a bunch of rear seats over here :-)

Haha, I wonder if you could do that in the US... I rarely use my back seat, and it would just give me an excuse to not let my friends bum rides off of me

RMC22
03-11-2004, 12:05 PM
Originally posted by EtherGhost
Haha, I wonder if you could do that in the US... I rarely use my back seat, and it would just give me an excuse to not let my friends bum rides off of me

Does the opposite here. The reasoning behind tiny ass backseats in cars that seem like they shouldn't even have them is so it's not registered as a 2 seater = higher insurance.

chartinael
03-11-2004, 12:09 PM
*grins* two-seaters over here can be registered as - let me translate this as closely as possible- closed light pick-ups (Lastkraftwagen = LKW = cargo automobile) and that reduces taxes substantially.

Kristin