PDA

View Full Version : big break kit?

Hatchtastic
03-11-2004, 01:12 PM
Anyone have a big break kit on their car? Im looking for rotors calipers the whole works. I know I could just paint my calipers for looks but i want some stopping power. Looking for a few options. the best,the worst,and the cheapest priced.

andy
03-11-2004, 01:23 PM
Originally posted by Hatchtastic
Anyone have a big break kit on their car? Im looking for rotors calipers the whole works. I know I could just paint my calipers for looks but i want some stopping power. Looking for a few options. the best,the worst,and the cheapest priced.

First, it's "brakes", not "breaks". Sorry, I'm in a pissy mood (college
team just choked).

Second, PM Most-Wanted. He has a front big brake kit (Rotora?) that
he's selling cheap, but it needs 17s at least, I think.
Look at some old posts in the Suspension forum, this has been covered
by some already. Someone on here...DocOfMind (???) was selling a
nice kit, but they haven't been on here lately.

shimmy_yaz
03-13-2004, 03:29 PM
Showstoppers sells them and they have it on Rockys car. I think they only make a kit for the front so far.

hamlet9634
03-13-2004, 10:41 PM
I've gota 12.2 inch slotted and crossdrilled rotor with wilwood forged calipers. They fit under 16" rims minimum, are 9lbs lighter than stock per corner, and stick like crazy. PM me and I'll hook you up with the guy who makes the kit, so you can hear your options (12 different types of pads, cryo treated rotors, slots, drills, braided lines, etc etc etc)

YooShin
03-14-2004, 04:42 PM
Willwood brake kit. I've seen a complete set up online for $1400K. I think Endless has good kit but is about another grand. I'd like to get better brakes myself. I've had to many o-shit moments with the stock set up.

hamlet9634
03-14-2004, 06:06 PM
I can get the kit I was just talking about for UNDER 850

you can't beat this price (and the kit is awesome)