PDA

View Full Version : To do or not to do?

WhiteEPNJ
03-13-2004, 07:43 PM
I had a great idea last night...since i plan on saving around $4000-$5000 for turbo, i thought y not swap in an rsx-s motor and trans.. not just the head..since im gonna go through the hassle or running turbo or putting in a head, y not get the whole damn motor and 6 speed trans? do toda cams..maybe the vtec killer cams.. and just go all motor or save and turbo that motor? any ideas, thoughts, input.. Thanks

skooba
03-13-2004, 07:55 PM
Well, if you swap, you could always sell the a3 and help out paying for the a2.

the more i think about it though, the less appealing a swap seems. Our cars are heavy. Its not like swapping a gsr motor into a lightweight 95 civic hatch. I mean, you'll enjoy the car, but the EP is still pretty damn heavy. Me personally, I don't think I could justify the cost of a swap with the way my funds are coming in at the moment. But if you have the money and are willing to drop that much into your car, then go for it. the swap would be more reliable in the long run.

WhiteEPNJ
03-13-2004, 08:12 PM
yea as you can see ive been going through cars like water.. i want my civic to be reliable, but fast.. im not looking to run 11's ahha.. i just want it alittle faster .. like id be happy with 250whp.. but i still want driveablity..decent gas mileage.. and not have to worry about 2 much.. turbo is my cheapest "easiest" way to go faster but its expensive, im gonna worry about my motor alot and i dont like that. i just want a good combo of parts the will get me 250whp.. i dont mind spending money because id rather do things right and take time with my mods and get the most out of them. Im looking long term to keep this car.. so i dont wana fuck things up.. its a brand new car and my dad doesnt want me doing alot.. i dont want it 2 loud either.. i dont wana do what ever else does intake header exhaust motor mounts hondata and rims and drop it..

2tacosfor$1
03-24-2004, 10:27 PM
Why not just buy an RSX? isnt it around the same weight?