PDA

View Full Version : are we VTEC ing!!!?

ep3sucks
03-14-2004, 01:00 AM
ok. i know that we're not supposed to have the pleasure of Mr.high-lob taking place in XXXXrpm or whatever they call it the mighty i-vtec like our sticker says. but don't you guys enjoy this pull after 5k rpm?????
well, I DO!!!
are we so sure that we don't got that secret weapon in our engine!!?!!!:mad:
i'm sure it's nothing like compare to Celica GT-S's harsh curve way beyond 6K, but i still love this pull at high rpm, especially right from 5k rpm.
tell me you guys agree!! :D

i previously owned 2000 Celica GT and believe me, i was in love with that car for that precise handling and feels of ride. it was all about handling, and feel of it. my god i miss that pretty ;) then i moved on to my ep last june, had biggest complain about how it handles and twisties at Azusa Mt wasn't my best friend anymore.

BUT, one thing for sure. i love this pull over 5k. im in love with it.
when it pulls and pulls all the way and all the way up to red, gosh it's hard to let go of my right foot, my pedal sticks there and i see all these cars passing behind, all the windows down and feeling the cool wind blazing on the freeway. im totally enjoying it.

chubbychu
03-14-2004, 01:05 AM
I love i-vtec. its just so smooth and good feeling. and with a couple suspension mods, your si could handle like its on rails

BLKNJEP03
03-14-2004, 06:05 AM
yea suspension upgrades.... i am caught between springs... OR coilovers.... i dont reallly know which i want... i want a smooth ride.. not a rigid ride like my friends 92 si what would you reccommend?

Peking
03-14-2004, 06:13 AM
How about these?

http://www.kingmotorsports.com/images/products/50000-XK5-K0S0_3.jpg

Mugen Sports Suspension Kit

"After over 2 years of extensive development Mugen has released their Sport Suspension kit for the 02-03 Civic Si and RSX. Compression and rebound shock calibrations were carefully chosen to bring out the best of the EP3/DC5 chassis. Mugen has chosen spring rates that result in a sporty yet subtle ride with outstanding handling. Mugen has also addressed any bumpsteer issues with the relocation of the steering arm. This is the suspension kit you have been waiting for!! Weighs the same as it's stock couterparts".

$ 1,000.00 (you might be able to get it from one of our vendors for less).

Jon

BLKNJEP03
03-14-2004, 06:15 AM
gee, for that price i figure i could something else with them too::eek:

Peking
03-14-2004, 06:28 AM
Originally posted by BLKNJEP03
gee, for that price i figure i could something else with them too::eek:

Well let me tell you, with the extra money I had to dish out to fix my problems with springs. I wish that I would have waited to buy those. Springs are great for the price, yet these Mugens have the tire rod relocated so it matches perfectly.

BLKNJEP03
03-14-2004, 06:36 AM
i will have to inquire on a price.... i got a lil hook-up... thanks bro

2.0L Monster
03-14-2004, 08:21 AM
How much would it cost to have those mugens installed?

Civicvtec1ps
03-14-2004, 08:57 AM
Originally posted by 2.0L Monster
How much would it cost to have those mugens installed?
Free.
DIY job.

2.0L Monster
03-14-2004, 09:39 AM
Me doing that by myself is just a problem waiting to happen. :(

Peking
03-15-2004, 10:53 PM
Originally posted by BLKNJEP03
i will have to inquire on a price.... i got a lil hook-up... thanks bro

Cool and no problem :)

Originally posted by 2.0L Monster
Me doing that by myself is just a problem waiting to happen. :(

You could see if a member from your area would be willing to lend a hand. It really is much easier to do than just springs and install of a camber kit. Hell you don't even need air tools. Just some strength. And instrutions can be found here and k-series.