PDA

View Full Version : what color slips for my ep

eggsi
03-14-2004, 07:46 PM
I'm am about to order some 16x7's but i can't decide on what color,either white ,black, gunmetal/polished lip
the black ones look like the only ones in stock(machiii.net) and i need them rather soon, so does anyone know of any other place that i can get em for $500 or less with shipping.

Vertigo
03-14-2004, 08:04 PM
I assume your EP is white. If so get the polished/gunmetal.

eggsi
03-14-2004, 08:10 PM
sorry, yeah mines white.
I like how the gunmetal looks but im not sure if it would look right in a 16" since the polished lip makes the rim look about an inch smaller. But i will more than likely go with black (i know everyone has em) since they are in stock. But i am also looking around to see if i can get ahold of set in white, since i haven't seen too many ep's with white slips

Vertigo
03-14-2004, 08:15 PM
Yea! I forgot about it making the wheel look smaller.:confused: Go with the Black then. White on white is cool too, but kinda overrated. But that is my shitty opinion.:)

eggsi
03-14-2004, 08:22 PM
im 90% sure that im gonna get them in black but do you have any pics of a white ep with slips of any color, i tried to search but im not having the best of luck.

Vertigo
03-14-2004, 08:28 PM
Yea i searched to and found nada. I believe most of the picks before were attchments. They all got deleted when DTH disabled them. On all the threads i saw in Members rides, nothing but red x's. So maybe somebody has some pics out there.

BTW: I'm running 17 Subzero's on my EP.

eggsi
03-14-2004, 08:46 PM
damn sub's were 1st on my list but i decided not to since they are bigger,heavier,tires are $112 more. But damn i would get them in white or gm/poli lip. how do you like them, do you think they slow you down at all, i am getting es100's either way i go in 225's

LHD_EP3
03-14-2004, 09:20 PM
I say go with black, I have black ones on my white EP.

dchu
03-14-2004, 10:20 PM
I like steel grey better for rotas because their gunmetal looks almost black, unless under direct light. That's the reason I got steel grey/polished lip grids. About the polished lip making it look smaller...I just let the brake dust cake up and the whole wheel looks steel grey after.:cool: Out of the three colors, I'd pick black.

blanblu
03-14-2004, 10:44 PM
Originally posted by eggsi
I'm am about to order some 16x7's but i can't decide on what color,either white ,black, gunmetal/polished lip
the black ones look like the only ones in stock(machiii.net) and i need them rather soon, so does anyone know of any other place that i can get em for $500 or less with shipping.

all i got is pics of white ep's on gm w/pl subzero and bronze c10's...

i know it's not quite the same but you could always hit up this site:

http://home.austin.rr.com/dmcknight/ephatch_twiddler.html

johnkimble
03-14-2004, 11:05 PM
GET SOMETHING ELSE!

BlasTech
03-14-2004, 11:34 PM
look up LHD_EP3, who has 15" black silps on a white ep...he'll give you the inside scoop...

as for the PLAYED factor... do you do car-shows, because that's the only place PLAYED really matters.

eggsi
03-15-2004, 07:37 AM
thx to all of you for the info/opinions.
i am going with these for obvious reasons (price,weight) its not like they have to be on the car forever, but im kinda strapped right now and i don't want to pay like $250 a rim for others.
LHD_EP3 do you have any pics of your car, i am going to order in an hour. so know its down to black and steel grey, but i don't know if steel grey would look as good as 02silverhb's car since its silver and mine is white. and no i do not go to shows:cool:

Makross
03-15-2004, 07:48 AM
Originally posted by johnkimble
GET SOMETHING ELSE!

:p

eggsi
03-15-2004, 08:34 AM
Originally posted by Makross
:p
what do you two not understand, slips are the only option right now, so if you don't have any reasonable info on them, then please don't post here.

blanblu
03-15-2004, 08:46 AM
what do you two not understand, slips are the only option right now, so if you don't have any reasonable info on them, then please don't post here.

chill bro... ;) do some searchin... here is LHD_EP3's car...

http://ephatch.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=31608

if that doesn't show up, pm me your email address and i'll
send it to you...

eggsi
03-15-2004, 09:10 AM
i just ordered the slips in black, the site said that they only had 6 in stock in flat black with a 45+ offset so should i be worried, since they might not have enough, like they sold them and didn't update it. I really need a 45 offset cause im putting 225/50or45/16 yoko es100's on em

blanblu
03-15-2004, 09:59 AM
i just ordered the slips in black, the site said that they only had 6 in stock in flat black with a 45+ offset so should i be worried, since they might not have enough, like they sold them and didn't update it. I really need a 45 offset cause im putting 225/50or45/16 yoko es100's on em

how 'bout giving the place a call? :rolleyes:

eggsi
03-15-2004, 10:47 AM
i did, but i can't get through, i left a message. Everytime i call i get a recording saying that they are busy, its been like that for over a week. I'm not seeing the great customer service that others are talking about.:confused:

Dunrick
03-15-2004, 10:52 AM
slips arn't going to stop production anytime soon....relax

eggsi
03-15-2004, 10:53 AM
Originally posted by Dunrick
slips arn't going to stop production anytime soon....relax
i know this, but i really need new tires so i need these asap, mine are 10miles from turning into slicks:D