PDA

View Full Version : Those of you with extended warranties:

jaydub
10-04-2002, 02:16 PM
Did you pick up the Hondacare extended warranty? I had it with my 99 EX, and I recall that it was pretty comprehensive. If so

*What did you pay?
*What is the length of the warranty? 6yr/100k miles?
*What is your deductible?

Trying to do some preliminary math before I go in to make the purchase tonight, and I'd like to get the warranty. :)

Thanks.

02SilverSiHB
10-04-2002, 09:14 PM
I payed like 750 extra. This isn't like the previous warranty for previous civics. I actually get a rental for free now. No detuctable at all. it's 7yrs and 100k miles

sonic imperial
10-07-2002, 06:34 AM
I've got the 7 year 100k warranty. It cost an extra $1100, something like that. I feel it's worth it on a first year model, it's comforting to know that alot is covered. No deductible on mine either.

MoodySi
10-07-2002, 08:32 AM
I got the 7yr 100,000 mi warranty for $900.

jaydub
10-07-2002, 08:32 AM
Cool, that's about what I paid for mine as well. Also the 7yr/100k mile 0 deductible Honda Care warranty. I was glad to see their parts dept. carrying Injun intakes and DC exhausts, plus wheels and (blech) taillights. They were actually up on their stuff too, because he told ME about DC's upcoming exhaust for the EP. I thought that was kinda cool. :)

ortedd
10-07-2002, 07:22 PM
I got the 7yr'100k extended one too, I was a little reluctant since I am planning on doing some mods to the car, but the salesman was quick to point out that they had put 3 transmissions in an ex that some kid was running nitrous in. The mechanics are happy to get the work and it is guaranteed pay for them so why not?

FireFighterSI
10-07-2002, 07:58 PM
Hi guys, don't mean to be a pea under the mattress, but isn't the extended warrenty going to be a waist of money? Unless you plan on keeping your Civic 100% free of modifications, Honda has beefed thier Warrenty Plan so that if any addition parts or labor has been modified to the vehical, then everything is voided. Granted, the car is broken down in sections so that you will not void every thing, for example. If you have you Civic lowered, and you do the work or take it anywhere else to have the work done other than Honda, this will void your suspention warrenty. Also you have to have the springs, coilovers, etc. aproved by Honda befor you can replace thier stock parts.

So I guess my question/statement is, is that extra grand really a good idea for a car that will not have any problems (we hope).

Well thats just me being nosey. Sorry...

Thanks Guys and keep up the great work.

Smiley

02SilverSiHB
10-07-2002, 08:44 PM
Originally posted by FireFighterSI
Hi guys, don't mean to be a pea under the mattress, but isn't the extended warrenty going to be a waist of money? Unless you plan on keeping your Civic 100% free of modifications, Honda has beefed thier Warrenty Plan so that if any addition parts or labor has been modified to the vehical, then everything is voided. Granted, the car is broken down in sections so that you will not void every thing, for example. If you have you Civic lowered, and you do the work or take it anywhere else to have the work done other than Honda, this will void your suspention warrenty. Also you have to have the springs, coilovers, etc. aproved by Honda befor you can replace thier stock parts.

So I guess my question/statement is, is that extra grand really a good idea for a car that will not have any problems (we hope).

Smiley
I had I/H/E, a JRSC, and 98000 miles on my 1997 civic EX. The tranny blew and they rebuilt it under warranty and only charged me to install the clutchmasters stage 2 pressure plate and clutch....for 35 bucks. It's worth it for my heavy ass foot.

jaydub
10-07-2002, 09:09 PM
Originally posted by FireFighterSI

Smiley

No worries man, I was apprehensive about the warranty to begin with as well. I can't afford to have some major component poop out on me, so an extended warranty is the best way to protect myself. I do plan to do some slight mods, suspension, AEM CAI, perhaps a few other minor things, but I was pleased to see those same items for sale in the parts dept. at the dealership from which I purchased my car. I doubt they have the time or energy to research whether or not you purchased the parts from them, nor do they seem to care. I agree with what ortedd said above, if they are going to be paid for the work, they don't seem to make much of a big deal out of it.

rocket_civic
10-07-2002, 09:24 PM
i got the extended waranty when i got the car and i'm thinking about selling it back to honda.
I have so much shit done to my car that when i pull into a honda dealership they all laughed when i tried to waranty a tie rod end that had the boot rip.

So just some food for thought.

Jpax
10-07-2002, 09:33 PM
Originally posted by rocket_civic
i got the extended waranty when i got the car and i'm thinking about selling it back to honda.
I have so much shit done to my car that when i pull into a honda dealership they all laughed when i tried to waranty a tie rod end that had the boot rip.

So just some food for thought.

I would laugh at the dealership and tell them to warrenty it or warrenty my fist to there skull......DIE DIE DIE............

Si02
01-27-2003, 06:25 PM
Well I'm trying to make up my mind whether or not I want to sell back my warranty. I don't plan on doing anything major just things like exhaust, intake, rims, tires, and maybe a header. Any suggestions?

Z26
01-27-2003, 07:53 PM
They tried.... My payment is 290, with the 3/36. With the 7/100 my payment would have been 340. I thought that was funny. So its 3/36 for me.

!@#$%
01-27-2003, 08:32 PM
while signing the papers, i was like....no i dont want the extended warranty. The guy kept trying to persuade me to get it.

I simply asked, "Am I going to need this extended warranty on the brand new car that honda just sold me? If so then I bought the wrong car. I dont want it."

He told me it would be 35 dollars more a month.....i was like....um no. So he said, "What if i told you it would be 10 dollars more a month for the 7yr 100K mile hondacare. I was like....um in that case okay :D

I really didnt want it, and never realized i was negotiating. Hmm i should try this more often.

600 bucks here, and I think I made the right choice with the ep being a first yr car.

civicpimp
01-27-2003, 08:43 PM
7yr 100,000 bumper to bumper.....$300

jaydub
01-27-2003, 09:44 PM
Originally posted by civicpimp

Hehe I find that hard to believe.

And you've misspelled "Schwarzkopf.":D

IceD out N CALI
01-27-2003, 10:28 PM
Originally posted by civicpimp

i find it hard to believe too, but that is a good price for 7yrs/100k, heck i'd probably get it for that price if it been offered

spoon3168
01-28-2003, 07:32 AM
Originally posted by Si02
Well I'm trying to make up my mind whether or not I want to sell back my warranty. I don't plan on doing anything major just things like exhaust, intake, rims, tires, and maybe a header. Any suggestions?
isn't warranty only is transferable only if u sell the car??is not transferable car to car??

atl-si
01-28-2003, 07:39 AM
Originally posted by spoon3168

isn't warranty only is transferable only if u sell the car??is not transferable car to car??
Warranty is only transferable if you sell your car to someone. You cannot transfer it to another car.

civicpimp
01-28-2003, 10:00 AM
Why is $300 for my warrenty hard to believe....I read these posts everyday and it seems no one likes to believe anything that anyone posts. What reason would I have for lying. I got a good price on mine so I could care less that you guys spent $1000 and up.

civicpimp
01-28-2003, 10:06 AM
And you've misspelled "Schwarzkopf."

Your riight jaydub..thxs for pointing that out

fsugatorbait
01-28-2003, 10:11 AM
I picked up my warranty ,7 yr 100K and the i-lock security system ($400) for an extra $20 a month...bargain with them, they started at an extra $50 a month.

hacim
01-28-2003, 03:17 PM
I would never buy an extended waranty for a Honda thats new. Its redundent, its a Honda.

jaydub
01-28-2003, 05:14 PM
Originally posted by hacim
I would never buy an extended waranty for a Honda thats new. Its redundent, its a Honda.

Now, how is it redundant if the factory warranty is only 3 years?

evilep3
09-06-2003, 01:57 PM
whats the definition of redundant again?

anyway i bought a brand new 97 civic (last car before my ep) and I took it from 0 to 230,000 miles on it before anything went out..... and even then it was the axels and timing belt that should have been replaced WAY before 230,000...
so i stayed with the 3/36 cause it is a HONDA and that name has earned my trust... :)

MasterVTEC
09-06-2003, 06:25 PM
i pay 315 a month for my car with out the extended warranty, its a honda man dont worry your 100,00 miles will be up by the time shit starts happening to it!!!! so dont get the warranty at all,

i work at a honda dealership and what they dont say is that you could buy the 7/100,00 mile warranty any time you want before your 3/36,000 is up. you dont have to but it right when you buy the car and make sure you buy the warranty for $750.00 because if they try to get you at 1200 thats extra money for them. i think the insurance (base price is 600.00) just hook them up with an extra 150.00 because they do need the commision